At least it’s a positive result for a change

Mafiabob

38 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

Not so. Contact tracing is for 48 hours prior to onset of symptoms or a positive test. If Rooney met him Thursday the earliest he would become infectious would be Tomorrow but more likely Wednesday this week. So as long as Wayne hasn’t met team mates after Saturday they will be ok

Not sure on this - think about the recent Super Spreader event at the White House. Only took about 48 hours for many of them to become positive.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, sage said:

But he will be self isolating for the next 2 games?

Him yes IF he is a contact but not the rest. Just because the bloke went to his house, doesn’t make him a contact. 2 m plus at all times he won’t have to isolate. 

14 hours ago, rammieib said:

Not sure on this - think about the recent Super Spreader event at the White House. Only took about 48 hours for many of them to become positive.

Yes but not from that event I assume. That was just the public meeting, they had plenty of private ones prior to that I would guess. 4-7 days is the usual. Kids towards the lower and  adults the upper. No doubt some exceptions to this general rule though 

On 18/10/2020 at 09:07, rammieib said:

Why? Players are tested twice a week. I imagine there will be a round of testing between Fridays game and Tuesdays.

I think there is a limit at which a number of positives does lead to a postponing but otherwise game will be fine.

Many clubs have had players positive. The difference between Prem/Champ and the rest of the playing pyramid is the rest don't have regular tests so at all other levels track and trace kicks in regardless of positive/Negative tests.

Still I'd take a postponement right now ? 

I don’t think that’s the case with championship clubs anymore in terms of being regularly tested 

On 18/10/2020 at 09:35, Addingham Ram said:

Apart from that free kick, exactly what has Rooney brought to the party recently.

He's slow and ponderous, and being isolated upfront isn't exactly providing and guidance, support or influence others youngsters elsewhere on the pitch.

This might be just the opportunity we need to shake it up a bit. Get somebody up top (anybody) who is mobile enough to pressure defenders, drag them out of position and there comfort zone, and be in the box for when those few crosses from the wing backs come in.

Step up a hero please!

3 points 

43 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I don’t think that’s the case with championship clubs anymore in terms of being regularly tested 

Yes I think you're right. I didn't know this - Players coming back from International duty must be tested but nothing else unless the clubs choose to do it. I think the PFA are now going to do some testing from their own pocket as well going around selected clubs.

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Seems a bit mental that he’s got to self isolate when he’s tested negative, and would have been continuously checked. But those are the rules I guess, at least he’s ok and hasn’t infected anyone else.

I think it can sometimes take a few days to become evident (so wouldn't necessarily show in the first test after he met the dhead). Friend of my son came into contact with someone who was infected; she was tested and negative but developed mild symptoms several days later and then got a positive test....

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

When you create bugger all, best way to get chances is to make the opposition make mistakes. Having an immobile old lump up top doesn’t help. Can’t imagine we will be worse off

I agree that he hasn't been playing in his best position but surely with the most likely replacement being CKR an equally old lump with 10% of the quality of rooney has to mean we are worse off

Archived