At least it’s a positive result for a change

Mafiabob

23 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

good point,  I think hes in knutsford which is tier 2. Maybe he didn't meet him indoors.

17 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

May be not, it isn’t clear how much contact they had or if it was indoors.

Wayne Rooney has been left 'angry' after his Covid-infected friend Josh Bardsley, 27, entered his multi-million-pound mansion to deliver him a luxury watch last Thursday. Pictured: Rooney was shown showing off the watch on Bardsley's Instagram page

It looks like Bardsley took the photo inside the house

DF19A1BF-0CB5-407E-8832-D238BCE7D057.thumb.jpeg.f2ed5f39a2c24577bfd772bce3d289ba.jpeg

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RamNut said:

It looks like Bardsley took the photo inside the house

DF19A1BF-0CB5-407E-8832-D238BCE7D057.thumb.jpeg.f2ed5f39a2c24577bfd772bce3d289ba.jpeg

if that's the case Rooney's salary should be docked, but we won't as player power would win.

7 hours ago, rammieib said:

Yes I think you're right. I didn't know this - Players coming back from International duty must be tested but nothing else unless the clubs choose to do it. I think the PFA are now going to do some testing from their own pocket as well going around selected clubs.

That’s why premiership clubs are offering to pay for EFL to be tested in cup competitions so they can have those sides weakened and voided - orient vs spurs 

4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

That’s why premiership clubs are offering to pay for EFL to be tested in cup competitions so they can have those sides weakened and voided - orient vs spurs 

I was aware of League 1 and 2, just unaware of the Championship having stopped.

It's interesting that Rooney seems to have escaped criticism for the incident. Of course if his mate should have been self isolating while waiting for his swab result and didn't tell him then Wayne can't be blamed for this. 

Peterborough Chairman Darragh MacAnthony has a very opinionated 'The Hard Truths' podcast where he doesn't hold back from dispensing his views and give insights in to things that go on at his club and in football, that is quite a refreshing change from the usual bland soundbites that are served up during interviews. When a couple of his players tested positive and had to self isolate and missed games he was fuming with them.

His view is football is in a special position being allowed to continue and highly paid players should live in their own bubble with their families and not mix socially during the pandemic. Tough on players who are only human but then they do get to meet their team mates and club staff, train, travel to games etc, so it's not as if they would be completely isolated for the sake of their mental health.

My point is, would it be reasonable for a player reportedly paid around £5m a year to be asked to not have people in his house for non-emergency reasons, such as the presentation of a luxury watch, so he can continue to ply his trade for the benefit of his employers?

It just adds a bit to the feeling that some players are in it for themselves and really don't care about the club in their actions. Just after seeing our set pieces yesterday against Huddersfield where he may have made a difference, it's a bit hard to take.

1 hour ago, WestKentRam said:

It's interesting that Rooney seems to have escaped criticism for the incident. Of course if his mate should have been self isolating while waiting for his swab result and didn't tell him then Wayne can't be blamed for this. 

Errr that was exactly what happened. 

Archived