At least it’s a positive result for a change

Mafiabob

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I highly doubt they will postpone Tuesday’s game unless there are an unmanageable number of positive tests. The players will just be tested multiple times and given the green light. In recent weeks, players and managers have tested positive and games have gone ahead. Why would we be an exception?

There was a remarkable case in Italy only a few weeks ago. Napoli played Genoa and it came out that 17 Genoa players or staff tested positive in and around the time of the game.

A small number of players from the Napoli squad later tested positive ahead of the Juventus game the following week and the whole squad were forbidden by local authorities from travelling to Turin and were told to self isolate.

In the end, Napoli were docked a point for ‘forfeiting the game’ and given an automatic 3-0 loss.

If we have a similar situation, things will get messy.

18 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I highly doubt they will postpone Tuesday’s game unless there are an unmanageable number of positive tests. The players will just be tested multiple times and given the green light. In recent weeks, players and managers have tested positive and games have gone ahead. Why would we be an exception?

There was a remarkable case in Italy only a few weeks ago. Napoli played Genoa and it came out that 17 Genoa players or staff tested positive in and around the time of the game.

A small number of players from the Napoli squad later tested positive ahead of the Juventus game the following week and the whole squad were forbidden by local authorities from travelling to Turin and were told to self isolate.

In the end, Napoli were docked a point for ‘forfeiting the game’ and given an automatic 3-0 loss.

If we have a similar situation, things will get messy.

I would have thought that everyone in that dressing room may have to self isolate if he tests positive.  

46 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

Yep you can only get a test if you've actually got symptoms. Even if you're living in the same house as someone who's tested positive! Genius isn't it

Incubation period varies so much.  You can develop any point in the 14 days so living with someone with symptoms and you test on day 2, 3, 4, 5 etc doesnt prove a thing if you become infectious on day 10.  I am sure the Rooneys can afford as many Private tests as they like in the 14 days.  Not really sure why he had him round - if he just popped something to the door, said hi and left quickly wouldnt even trigger on track and trace app. Not sure you could just pop to chez rooney. Sure the club has very strict rules for players - my sons uni club does and you would hope ours are more stringent. Something seems odd about it but probs just the Sun reporting is usual standard. 

3 hours ago, Addingham Ram said:

Apart from that free kick, exactly what has Rooney brought to the party recently.

He's slow and ponderous, and being isolated upfront isn't exactly providing and guidance, support or influence others youngsters elsewhere on the pitch.

This might be just the opportunity we need to shake it up a bit. Get somebody up top (anybody) who is mobile enough to pressure defenders, drag them out of position and there comfort zone, and be in the box for when those few crosses from the wing backs come in.

Step up a hero please!

By that theory, he has done something whereas EVERYONE else has done nothing!

10 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Incubation period varies so much.  You can develop any point in the 14 days so living with someone with symptoms and you test on day 2, 3, 4, 5 etc doesnt prove a thing if you become infectious on day 10.  I am sure the Rooneys can afford as many Private tests as they like in the 14 days.  Not really sure why he had him round - if he just popped something to the door, said hi and left quickly wouldnt even trigger on track and trace app. Not sure you could just pop to chez rooney. Sure the club has very strict rules for players - my sons uni club does and you would hope ours are more stringent. Something seems odd about it but probs just the Sun reporting is usual standard. 

Agreed but it really ought to be possible to get a test towards the end of the 14 day period because, as you say, if you're living with someone who's positive you could contract it on their day 14 and then be infectious yourself for another 2 weeks. But without a test there's no way of knowing.

So the only way to get tested in this situation at the moment is to say you've got symptoms when you haven't! Many people will end up doing exactly that which will massively skew and therefore invalidate the data re the proportion of cases which are symptomatic versus asymptotic.

It's about as World Class as Florian Jozefzoon.

3 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Unbelievable reaction.

It almost seems like some on here wouldn't want us to turn around our poor form and start winning matches because that would mean less chance of sacking Cocu. 

That was actually said tongue in cheek. But if it serves as an excuse to reinforce yours and @Coconut negative stereotyping then fill your boots by all means. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

That was actually said tongue in cheek. But if it serves as an excuse to reinforce yours and @Coconut negative stereotyping then fill your boots by all means. 

It's difficult to tell based on your other posts. Maybe they're all "tongue in cheek"?

Seriously though, it's difficult to tell the sense in which plain text messages are intended. Isn't that why emojis are useful?

Anyhow....

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

It's difficult to tell based on your other posts. Maybe they're all "tongue in cheek"?

Seriously though, it's difficult to tell the sense in which plain text messages are intended. Isn't that why emojis are useful?

Anyhow....

You and @Coconut had already decided the manner that it was meant in which is more down to yourselves then the post itself. Like I said if it pleases you both that it then conforms with your own internal negative stereotyping then I can't help you both with that.

I'm not going to start making excuses for my posts or trying to explain myself or become an apologist for other posters neither should anyone else on here unless their post was offensive or against forum guidelines which it clearly wasn't as it still exists here and am happy for anyone to report it if they feel it contravenes such standards. 

27 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Tongue in cheek, but still designed to get a reaction.

By the same virtue, so was my use of the word trolling

Essentially we've both just done the same thing.

3 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Tongue in cheek, but still designed to get a reaction.

By the same virtue, so was my use of the word trolling

Essentially we've both just done the same thing.

Not at all and don't try to use your interpretation of my post as a justification for yours. 

2 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Whittaker, Duncan,JHI, Tom, Colin - we've not exactly scored goals from open play while Rooney was there. Hopefully someone will have their chance and take it.  

Ducan and Colin aren’t going to be involved 

8 hours ago, sage said:

I would have thought that everyone in that dressing room may have to self isolate if he tests positive.  

Not so. Contact tracing is for 48 hours prior to onset of symptoms or a positive test. If Rooney met him Thursday the earliest he would become infectious would be Tomorrow but more likely Wednesday this week. So as long as Wayne hasn’t met team mates after Saturday they will be ok

34 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

Not so. Contact tracing is for 48 hours prior to onset of symptoms or a positive test. If Rooney met him Thursday the earliest he would become infectious would be Tomorrow but more likely Wednesday this week. So as long as Wayne hasn’t met team mates after Saturday they will be ok

But he will be self isolating for the next 2 games?

Archived