At least it’s a positive result for a change

Mafiabob

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Taribo said:

Guys, this is good news orchestrated by the club and secreted to our man at the Sun. Phil needs to drop Rooney but can’t unless he’s injured or suspended (or Covid+) due to the 32Red contract. 

I must admit, I was thinking that this might be a blessing in disguise as it makes the decision for him. 

9 hours ago, Boycie said:

My local landlord has been tested positive too today, the government  app says no action required.

nothing to see here

Quite possibly correct. Being in the same building doesnt automatically mean you have to self isolate too. Its about having a significant period of contact with someone within 2 meters.

Provided pubs are sticking to the rules of table service i dont see many staff or landlords hanging around customers within a 2 meter radius for 15 plus minutes.

14 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I must admit, I was thinking that this might be a blessing in disguise as it makes the decision for him. 

Me too. How about Jacowiez comes back in to play out wide and we try Tom upfront ? Think he could do a job there, be more mobile and have more pace and can take the free kicks. Would also free up an attacking midfield place for Sibley if fit?

3 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

Quite possibly correct. Being in the same building doesnt automatically mean you have to self isolate too. Its about having a significant period of contact with someone within 2 meters.

Provided pubs are sticking to the rules of table service i dont see many staff or landlords hanging around customers within a 2 meter radius for 15 plus minutes.

Surely the virus will be everywhere in the pub. Everything the landlord has touched including the pumps, the glasses, the door handles, the packets of crisps, the barmaids arse.

not sure how sitting at a table is a panacea for avoiding infection.

6 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

But they touch the glass wear, bags of crisps etc that they bring to you.   
But they sanitise there hands regularly you might say, but he’s caught the virus regardless.

I think whoever’s been in the pub over the last 14 days ought to be tested, I feel that maybe they don’t want to put even more pressure on the testing system at the moment.  Which in turn is making matters worse.

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

But they sanitise there hands regularly you might say, but he’s caught the virus regardless.

I think whoever’s been in the pub over the last 14 days ought to be tested, I feel that maybe they don’t want to put even more pressure on the testing system at the moment.  Which in turn is making matters worse.

Spot on. They don't have the testing capacity.

One of my ex teaching colleagues has it and another colleague was in the same office 10ft x 12ft for 10 minutes. Told he couldn't have a test. Can't think why the infection rate is going up.

I can see Tuesdays game being postponed.

My son and his girlfriend work on the world beating track and trace. My son has loved playing Call of Duty for most  of the day. But I think you will find that if you have been in a pub at the same time as someone who has tested positive, you do then have to self isolate for 7 days. If you then show symptoms you then have to have a test....

It’s Phil Bardsley’s brother, Josh Bardsley.

Assuming they know each other through Phil and his time at Man Utd with him.

I bet there’s a few question marks over Tuesday’s game now, especially of Derby think it’s serious enough to release a statement.

11 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I guess in an ideal world you would be right, provided we have the tests available, the people to adminster them the people to do the tests themselves and so on.

I guess you could all be asked to self isolate instead although I suspect that they are trying to use some formula to prevent people having to take a couple of weeks off work everytime they are within several meters of someone who tests positive. Even with a test you would still have to self isolate as a negative test wouldnt mean the following day you woudlnt test positive.

I think if any country were to take this step we may as well just lockdown as the numbers being unable to go to work would increase massively.

Tests should only be taken if you have symptoms, wether you think this is wrong or right people ignoring this is causing a huge strain on the system, I only know two people who have been asked to self isolate because of contact and both of them lied and said they had symptoms in order to get a test (which proved negative).

The UK is testing more people than most other comparable countries per capita and its still struggling so imagine the strain if we test everyone who was in the same pub, shop, petrol station and so on of anyone who tested positive.

21 minutes ago, sage said:

Spot on. They don't have the testing capacity.

One of my ex teaching colleagues has it and another colleague was in the same office 10ft x 12ft for 10 minutes. Told he couldn't have a test. Can't think why the infection rate is going up.

I can see Tuesdays game being postponed.

Why? Players are tested twice a week. I imagine there will be a round of testing between Fridays game and Tuesdays.

I think there is a limit at which a number of positives does lead to a postponing but otherwise game will be fine.

Many clubs have had players positive. The difference between Prem/Champ and the rest of the playing pyramid is the rest don't have regular tests so at all other levels track and trace kicks in regardless of positive/Negative tests.

Still I'd take a postponement right now ? 

10 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

I guess in an ideal world you would be right, provided we have the tests available, the people to adminster them the people to do the tests themselves and so on.

I guess you could all be asked to self isolate instead although I suspect that they are trying to use some formula to prevent people having to take a couple of weeks off work everytime they are within several meters of someone who tests positive. Even with a test you would still have to self isolate as a negative test wouldnt mean the following day you woudlnt test positive.

I think if any country were to take this step we may as well just lockdown as the numbers being unable to go to work would increase massively.

Tests should only be taken if you have symptoms, wether you think this is wrong or right people ignoring this is causing a huge strain on the system, I only know two people who have been asked to self isolate because of contact and both of them lied and said they had symptoms in order to get a test (which proved negative).

The UK is testing more people than most other comparable countries per capita and its still struggling so imagine the strain if we test everyone who was in the same pub, shop, petrol station and so on of anyone who tested positive.

I think you now have to get a test symptoms or not, so if you do have it they can do track and trace on you. (If track and trace has selected you)

But your point is spot on.

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

I think you now have to get a test symptoms or not, so if you do have it they can do track and trace on you. (If track and trace has selected you)

But your point is spot on.

Not as far as i know...

From the NHS website:

Do not ask for an NHS test if:

you live with someone who has coronavirus but you do not have symptoms yourself – you need to self-isolate

you've been in close contact with someone who has the virus but you do not have symptoms – you do not need to do anything unless NHS Test and Trace tells you to

you're going abroad but do not have symptoms

you've arrived in the UK from abroad but do not have symptoms – you need to self-isolate if you've come from a country with a high coronavirus risk

your employer or school has asked you to get a test but you do not have symptoms

5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The memes are funny.

I must be getting old....i dont get it...something something about a corner flag?

Me is thick i am

Archived