How much time do we give Phil?

Chris_Martin

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Sibley is injured isn’t he? Do you want him to play injured players?

Before he got injured. FFS yes I want him to play players with broken legs and any other bodily injury so we can say 'ahhh look what Phil has to cope with!'

4 hours ago, DesertRam said:

FFS,  I'm willing to bet my wife's life that Derby are within 6 points of the current top three

by January 1st - that's how confident I am that with our squad fit and available we are heading

for the top 4 with Cocu in charge.

Appparently your wife is on facebook looking for a divorce lawyer

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Before he got injured. FFS yes I want him to play players with broken legs and any other bodily injury so we can say 'ahhh look what Phil has to cope with!'

What is your point about Sibley? Are you implying it is Cocu's fault he has gone off the boil? Always rated you as a really decent poster on here Roy Mac, but that is now seriously under review lol

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What is your point about Sibley? Are you implying it is Cocu's fault he has gone off the boil? 

Why does Cocu tinker so much? As someone else posted why after Norwich game play Knight wide? I'm just wondering as I did last season how much good all his tinkering does.

39 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Until we played the big boys? And now we don't play how we did then, what has happened to Sibley and Bird? More tinkering?

You're doing your usual thing of changing the argument again Roy.

I produced actual evidence to counter a sweeping (and incorrect) statement that we've "always been terrible under Cocu" (even WITH Lawrence, Waghorn, etc)

People can ignore a 17 game stretch that had us 1st in the form table all they like but it's more relevant than an 11 game run with a depleted squad when judging the performance of a manager.

I get that it doesn't suit those who want to spout a particular rhetoric but hey ho, whatever.

First 10 league games - any manager should get that as a bare minimum.

10 games - Xmas - show improvement, tactics, win a few, demonstrate progress.

Xmas - end of season - get in and around top 10, have some good games, clear sign of THE PLAN

If he doesn't meet those milestones, there are questions to be answered, however none of that matters if we can't afford to sack him and there is nobody better to come in.

Evaluate after game 10.

21 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Are you on a mission Roy to get Cocu sacked 

Let’s not personalise this. It isn’t about any sort of vendetta. It’s about seeing “our” Club be successful and competing at the level the Club should be competing at. There’s no divine right in football but things are not right. Ok we’re in transition but many of us don’t see any kind of positive progression in either performances or results and projecting forward none seems to be on the horizon. 

26 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why does Cocu tinker so much? As someone else posted why after Norwich game play Knight wide? I'm just wondering as I did last season how much good all his tinkering does.

Because Jozwiak was unavailable, leaving us with no fit direct replacement and Knight playing off Rooney was a better option than Bird doing so…

23 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Are you on a mission Roy to get Cocu sacked 

Yeah mate I've got Mel's phone number! FFS It's a discussion about the Clubs manager. Don't you get that?

I'm still not convinced that even with players fit Cocu will know what to do with them. I'm not convinced a.n.other manager couldn't have 'spotted' Sibley, Bird and Knight. I've been reminded about his penchant for tinkering. And (crazily) the Rooney covid-19 episode made me remember a thread from (start?) last season postulating whether Cocu was a 'lucky manager'. 

9 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I produced actual evidence to counter a sweeping (and incorrect) statement that we've "always been terrible under Cocu" (even WITH Lawrence, Waghorn, etc)

OK see what you're saying. I just took it one step further and pointed out that possibly we weren't 'that' good. 

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah mate I've got Mel's phone number! FFS It's a discussion about the Clubs manager. Don't you get that?

I'm still not convinced that even with players fit Cocu will know what to do with them. I'm not convinced a.n.other manager couldn't have 'spotted' Sibley, Bird and Knight. I've been reminded about his penchant for tinkering. And (crazily) the Rooney covid-19 episode made me remember a thread from (start?) last season postulating whether Cocu was a 'lucky manager'. 

No it’s not a discussion in your case IMO 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Lol! You do get your knickers in a twist. ?

I prefer the term crusade to be honest.

Crusade 

A crusade to cost the club loads of money shanking Manager and staff when money is at a premium which will inevitably make the financial situation worse. 

What happens when PaulCook upsets you 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Crusade 

A crusade to cost the club loads of money shanking Manager and staff when money is at a premium which will inevitably make the financial situation worse. 

What happens when PaulCook upsets you 

He can go too. I hope Mel doesn't change his phone number between managers. You really are sounding a bit silly now mate.

Archived