Derby v Watford Player Ratings

sage

You have until Noon tomorrow to give your ratings. Please only rate the players that i list below and keep it in that order. 6 is average and work it out from there.

Marshall

Byrne

Buchanan

Evans 

Davies

Clarke

Bird

Shinnie

Holmes

Rooney

Knight 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, sage said:

You have until Noon tomorrow to give your ratings. Please only rate the players that i list below and keep it in that order. 6 is average and work it out from there.

Marshall 6

Byrne 6

Buchanan 7

Evans 5

Davies 6

Clarke 6

Bird 6

Shinnie 6

Holmes 5

Rooney 6

Knight 7

Marshall 7 - did nothing wrong & had little to do. Distribution good all night

Byrne 6 - offers real dynamism down the right flank but quality a bit of an issue. Also standing off crosses too much. Their LW seemed to have beating of him first half

Buchanan 6 - solid defensively (although Watford rarely went down his flank) & offered some impetus going forward. Like Byrne, a lack of options to aim for when in wide areas

Evans 6 - good in possession & couple of great balls that didnt quite come off. Defensively a mixed bag. Some excellent blocks & headers but a couple of elementary errors

Davies 7 - 8 for his defensive work, which was excellent. 6 for his distribution which definitely wasnt.

Clarke 7 - very solid defensively & fine in possession

Bird 7 - much better tonight. Broke up a lot of attacks & tried to dictate tempo. My only criticism is that he sat too deep. He is technically able to receive the ball in midfield & make things happen, needs to be playing 10 yards further forward

Shinnie 7 - worked hard & distibution was fine

Holmes 5 - he's not fit. Decision making and quality pretty poor. Worked hard but Byrne was exposed a few times 

Rooney 7 - best display for a while & a totally different demeanour. Very vocal, worked really hard & a lot more effective than v Norwich. If he had 2 genuine attacking mids/wingers around him, he'd have looked even better. 2 chances to equalise late on, deserved a goal

Knight 7.5 MOM - very much emergency cover at LW but played his heart out. Ran and ran and then ran some more, unbelievable after playing Weds night for Ireland. Tidy in possession, tried to get close to Rooney & pressed them hard. Really want him back (starting) at CM at Huddersfield

41 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Marshall 7 - did nothing wrong & had little to do. Distribution good all night

Byrne 6 - offers real dynamism down the right flank but quality a bit of an issue. Also standing off crosses too much. Their LW seemed to have beating of him first half

Buchanan 6 - solid defensively (although Watford rarely went down his flank) & offered some impetus going forward. Like Byrne, a lack of options to aim for when in wide areas

Evans 6 - good in possession & couple of great balls that didnt quite come off. Defensively a mixed bag. Some excellent blocks & headers but a couple of elementary errors

Davies 7 - 8 for his defensive work, which was excellent. 6 for his distribution which definitely wasnt.

Clarke 7 - very solid defensively & fine in possession

Bird 7 - much better tonight. Broke up a lot of attacks & tried to dictate tempo. My only criticism is that he sat too deep. He is technically able to receive the ball in midfield & make things happen, needs to be playing 10 yards further forward

Shinnie 7 - worked hard & distibution was fine

Holmes 5 - he's not fit. Decision making and quality pretty poor. Worked hard but Byrne was exposed a few times 

Rooney 7 - best display for a while & a totally different demeanour. Very vocal, worked really hard & a lot more effective than v Norwich. If he had 2 genuine attacking mids/wingers around him, he'd have looked even better. 2 chances to equalise late on, deserved a goal

Knight 7.5 MOM - very much emergency cover at LW but played his heart out. Ran and ran and then ran some more, unbelievable after playing Weds night for Ireland. Tidy in possession, tried to get close to Rooney & pressed them hard. Really want him back (starting) at CM at Huddersfield

Whilst I agree he was very good he’s a professional footballer and he played 7 minutes on Wednesday... it’s not completely unbelievable. ?

6 minutes ago, rynny said:

Marshall - 6.5

Byrne - 6.5

Buchanan - 6.5

Evans - 5.5

Davies - 5.5

Clarke - 6.5

Bird - 6.5

Shinnie - 6.5

Holmes - 5

Rooney - 6.5

Knight - 7

I don't do half points. Will round them up unless you want to rejig.

22 minutes ago, sage said:

I don't do half points. Will round them up unless you want to rejig.

Bloody half points! I've always wondered how people can watch a match and give all the players ratings. I watched this whole match and wouldn't have a clue what ratings to give the players. Except Naughty Tom - he gets a 9.

1 hour ago, Beetroot said:

Bloody half points! I've always wondered how people can watch a match and give all the players ratings. I watched this whole match and wouldn't have a clue what ratings to give the players. Except Naughty Tom - he gets a 9.

He doesn't get any points because he played less than 45 minutes

I would score him a 7. He did miss his 2 half chances.

Archived