Pride: The Inside Story of Derby County

HuddersRam

15 hours ago, David said:

Just a quick bump on this as it deserves it, maybe it’s the era that I grew up with, but this is hands down the best Derby County book I’ve read, so many little quotes that put a smile on your face, stories from times where the internet wasn’t a thing. 

Whack it on the Xmas list for anyone that’s 35+, honestly you won’t be disappointed. ?

Thanks David, glad it went down well and provided a few smiles over a time where they've been pretty hard to come by! And @Heisenberg& @DJAY, good to hear it did the job! I'm 25 as well so at times it was a whole lot of research but then for others it was just through my extensive and ultimately sad knowledge of the club.

Heard from the publishers that it's in for a second edition reprint as it's gone down so well, so a massive thanks to everyone who has taken a read. I loved working on it. In terms of that audiobook from Billy, we might be waiting a while sadly

2 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I loved the promotion season under Billy chapter. Really interesting and surprising, but I won't give any spoilers.

The Clough chapters were fascinating, he's just been sacked!

Maybe worth having a thread to discuss with spoilers for people who haven't read the book yet?

Glad you're enjoying it! That promotion season was probably my favourite to work on. Either that or in a very strange way, the 11 point one.

And that's not a bad idea with the threads. Was a bit conscious about spamming the forum but might be worth a bash, yeah!

21 hours ago, Boycie said:

Halfway through it and I don’t really read books.  But it’s really well put together, lots of player thoughts laced through the text which really give you a seamless view inside our club through the recent past years.  I look forward to my nighty reads, thank you @HuddersRam

Glad it's going down well so far, Boycie! Yeah I wanted to base this from a similar one by Henry Winter about England rather than just going straight narrative through it. And top thinking @reverendo de duivel, enjoy!

Thrown a feature with Inigo Idiakez together as well in case anyone needs some Sunday evening reading: https://thederbybook.wordpress.com/2020/10/25/sitting-down-with-inigo-idiakez/

20 hours ago, Philmycock said:

Told the missus to get it me for crimbo! Looking forward to reading it

The Ultimate Christmas Gift™. Hope you enjoy it though mate! Still bashing in and around the Amazon top 10 for football somehow. Hoping to sort out a few signed copies from a few of the players and managers who spoke as part of it as well, in case anyone would be interested. Will come back with a few names!

1 hour ago, silhillian said:

Got my copy today. Looking forward to starting it at the weekend.

Enjoy the book! Should hopefully be making my bow on Radio Derby tomorrow night. Trying to squeeze my way into TalkSport as well at some point as I'm pretty sure they'll never have me on again.

Think I mentioned but Amazon reviews are starting to come in now, which is fantastic to see and I of course welcome any feeback on Pride. Was written purely out of something to do outside of work, so hopefully it's helped people pass a bit of time. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/178531727X/ref=as_li_qf_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=pitchpublishi-21&creative=6738&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=178531727X&linkId=7b332042ad6297f6875b6798a2c0dae7

Happy Sunday, chaps. Just wanted to bug you again and say the book is still somehow flirting in the top 10 of the Amazon football charts, which is absolute insanity. How reliable the charts are I'm not sure on as they have Roald Dahl in the same chart, but I'll take it. If you hate Jeff Bezos with a passion, it's available everywhere else though, pretty much.

It seems to be doing well rating wise, aside from what I can only assume was a Red Dog who reviewed it as 'Not a very good read from a small club in Nottingham.' I've spent the weekend trying to decipher what on earth it's meant to mean, but the chap (who titled his review 'Nottingham County) is not getting to me. I promise. I definitely haven't checked all of his reviews. Nope, not me.

Hope you're enjoying it ? Any questions just drop me a DM. Not sure I'm quite ready for a follow up on the next 20 years of Champions League glory and world stars, but we'll see.