School fires

24Charlie

Is there a connection between the two fires at St Mary’s in Darley Abbey and Ravensdale in Mickleover.

Two fires this weekend seems odd to say the least.

A disgruntled teacher who doesn’t think schools should be back? A coronavirus victim or someone who’s had a family member seriously affected by the virus who caught it from a school connection. A bunch of vandals having a laugh? Or just co-incidence?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

I think I’m going to wait for the fire investigation folk to tell me their conclusions before I participate in pointless speculation......

What a sensible argument for a forum who’s sole purpose is debate.

Heaven forbid a football fan being given over to speculation.

Have you seriously not read any posts on any topic on this forum. It’s almost all speculation.

You may not agree with the post but I’ll defend my right to speculate thank you very much.

29 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

What a sensible argument for a forum who’s sole purpose is debate.

Heaven forbid a football fan being given over to speculation.

Have you seriously not read any posts on any topic on this forum. It’s almost all speculation.

You may not agree with the post but I’ll defend my right to speculate thank you very much.

I said I wasn't going to participate in pointless speculation - you are prefectly entitled to be as pointless as you evidently choose to be.....

Nationally non residential buildings caught fire 15000 times last year or roughly 2% of facilities. Older buildings are actually upto 5 times more likely to suffer. A quick glance at the Gov stats didn't show Derby as particularly different but I didn't spend too long at it. 

Two fires in two days in the area is not that unusual I would guess but two schools does seem a bit incredulous. However they were not new buildings, old heating systems suddenly being stressed its possibly just coincidence. 

44 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Nationally non residential buildings caught fire 15000 times last year or roughly 2% of facilities. Older buildings are actually upto 5 times more likely to suffer. A quick glance at the Gov stats didn't show Derby as particularly different but I didn't spend too long at it. 

Two fires in two days in the area is not that unusual I would guess but two schools does seem a bit incredulous. However they were not new buildings, old heating systems suddenly being stressed its possibly just coincidence. 

So it's not Chris Martin's fault? Oh thank God for that.....

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

Don't know about Ravensdale, but St Mary's wasn't that old - it must have been built and moved from the old North Parade site circa 2000? Can't believe it didn't have sprinklers

8 hours ago, Gaspode said:

I said I wasn't going to participate in pointless speculation - you are prefectly entitled to be as pointless as you evidently choose to be.....

7 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Uwww, lovely school based pun. Great thread, loving the bickering. 

I do hope admin make it their primary aim to at least monitor the situation.  This obsession with puns is such bad form.

I went to ravensdale and my nieces went to st. Mary’s. It’s very sad if they’ve gone for good. 

st. Mary’s has definitely been confirmed as arson I thought. 

spoke to a couple of teachers after, and made realise what an absolute nightmare it will be now for parents who thought they were free from home schooling having to get back into it, until already stressed out teachers can find replacement schools for them, all while working within a bubble system. 

If it is arson, it’s absolutely horrendously thoughtless and stupid. I really hope they catch the rick that did it. 

5 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I do hope admin make it their primary aim to at least monitor the situation.  This obsession with puns is such bad form.

Thank you for your report.

In assembly with fellow mods we have decided to grade your comments as top class and not dismiss them as playground banter.

Archived