holmes 7

rooney 7

jozwiak 6

subS - not scoring them, however Morgan Whittaker gets better and better

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sage said:

Remember you have from the final whistle till Noon tomorrow to give your ratings. You gave to have watched the match to give ratings. 

Please, please, please rank the players in the order i have listed below and only those players

Marshall 9

Byrne 8

Buchanan 8

Evans 7

Davies 9 MOM

Clarke 8

Shinnie 7

Knight 8

Holmes 7

Rooney 8

Jozwiak 8

The rating framework to use. 

1 is worst performance you have ever seen

2 is worst performance of the season

3 is a terrible performance

4 is a very poor performance

5 is below average or poor

6 is average

7 is above average or good

8 is a very good performance

9 is an excellent performance  

19 is one of the best performances of the season

4 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Marshall. 9

Byrne. 7

Buchanan. 6

Evans. 6

Davies. 9

Clarke. 8

Shinnie. 7

Knight. 9

Holmes. 4

Rooney. 6

Jozwiak. 5

All these sets of figures do not bear any resemblance to the Blackburn figures. Got to be the most remarkable improvement in one game since 1066.

15 minutes ago, Rampage said:

All these sets of figures do not bear any resemblance to the Blackburn figures. Got to be the most remarkable improvement in one game since 1066.

I treat each game as a separate stand alone event, why wouldn't I?

A 0-4 dicking at home is bound to result in lower marks than a hard earned away win against a side commonly viewed as one of the best in the league.

Looking back to last week, of those who played both I had Marshall up 2 for 2 world class stops, Byrne up 1, Buchanan the same, Rooney up 2 playing in a different position with a world class free kick winner, Knight up 3 because he was superb in the middle in both directions, and Jozwiak the same.

I don't think it's an unreasonable score.

Marshall- 8 - Flashes of 17/18 Carson about his performance today; big saves when they really mattered
Byrne- 7 - Vital goal-saving tackle early in the game and was a good option on the right flank throughout
Evans- 6 - Did well aerially and generally solid defensively. Not too bothered about the pen, reflex movements like that happen
Davies- 8 - Curtis was the difference. Threw himself at everything and commanded the backline. Magnificent 
Clarke- 7 - First time he's not had to be the critical defender, still solid
Buchanan- 8 - Superb and massively improved performance. Dangerous on the ball and won his tackles, keep it up Lee
Knight- 7 - Tireless running and stayed close to backline to screen and protect. His endeavor made the goal.
Shinnie- 7 - Brilliant off the ball, did all the dirty niggling stuff really well and again protected the back 5 well
Holmes- 6 - Advances play well but doesn't look totally comfortable on the wing. Still great to have him back
Jozwiak- 6 - Can tell he's going to be good for us, always tries to do something positive
Rooney- 7 - Would be a 6 but he won it for us. Better hold up play than Marriott but looked unfit. Awesome freekick

Whittaker- 7 - Looks better each time I see him now, adapting to wider play well and created a great chance late on 

Cocu- 10 - 5 at the back hasn't worked before now. Brave choice; worked to perfection. Executed the gameplan without hitch and got a very satisfying smash and grab. Without the changes, I suspect we lose so fair play.

17 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Marshall- 8 - Flashes of 17/18 Carson about his performance today; big saves when they really mattered
Byrne- 7 - Vital goal-saving tackle early in the game and was a good option on the right flank throughout
Evans- 6 - Did well aerially and generally solid defensively. Not too bothered about the pen, reflex movements like that happen
Davies- 8 - Curtis was the difference. Threw himself at everything and commanded the backline. Magnificent 
Buchanan- 8 - Superb and massively improved performance. Dangerous on the ball and won his tackles, keep it up Lee
Knight- 7 - Tireless running and stayed close to backline to screen and protect. His endeavor made the goal.
Shinnie- 7 - Brilliant off the ball, did all the dirty niggling stuff really well and again protected the back 5 well
Holmes- 6 - Advances play well but doesn't look totally comfortable on the wing. Still great to have him back
Jozwiak- 6 - Can tell he's going to be good for us, always tries to do something positive
Rooney- 7 - Would be a 6 but he won it for us. Better hold up play than Marriott but looked unfit. Awesome freekick

Whittaker- 7 - Looks better each time I see him now, adapting to wider play well and created a great chance late on 

Cocu- 10 - 5 at the back hasn't worked before now. Brave choice; worked to perfection. Executed the gameplan without hitch and got a very satisfying smash and grab. Without the changes, I suspect we lose so fair play.

A degree of euphoria here, but I agree.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Marshall - 9

Byrne - 7

Buchanan - 7

Evans - 6

Davies - 8

Clarke - 7

Shinnie - 7

Knight - 8

Holmes - 6

Rooney - 7

Jozwiak - 7

Bird - 6

Whittaker - 7

Marriott - 6

Cocu - 7.5

I counted all those not in bold. I am not going to say who else couldn't follow the simple instructions...

because everyone else could ?

Marshall - 8

Byrne - 7

Buchanan - 7

Evans - 6

Davies - 8

Clarke - 8

Shinnie - 7

Knight - 8

Holmes - 6

Rooney - 7

Jozwiak - 6

Defensive players got the marks today alongside Knight who was all action and grew as game went on, and Rooney who led the line well without much service and scored an unbelievable free kick under pressure. No one else in the squad would have put that away in the situation -86th minute pressure situation.

Davies absolutely immense on his return and Whittaker again impressed coming off the bench. He’s definitely getting closer to a start.

Also a mention for Buchanan who many have said he’s not ready. He was our best player against Blackburn and played well again today against decent opposition. Think we have a player there.

42 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Can you try and put them in the correct order please. This takes 3 times as long to process.

14 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Marshall - 9 

Byrne - 7 

Buchanan - 6

Evans - 6

Davies - 8

Clarke - 7 

Shinnie - 7

Knight - 8

Holmes - 6

Rooney - (He was on a 2 or 3 before the free kick

Jozwiak - 7

Very harsh. Was isolated a lot, led the line well and showed some excellent link play. Get some better balance to this team and more players around him he is still a class number 9. Getting players around him is key. It was the same with Chris Martin, great when he had players around him, when we couldn’t he struggled.

Archived