Get Real

Ramfan1958

31 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

I,ll take all the abuse again this is the worst Derby team for many a year the manager is rubbish we were lucky against Barrow , 57mins against Preston was the 1st shot on goal , 4 nil against Blackburn at home , all preseason friendlies lost and you still say to get rid of  Cocu is wrong .

COCU team is embarrassing we've gone back 10 years .

Paul Cook for me we need a manager who understands English and championship football. 

I suppose the Sex Pistols aren't touring at the moment, so he might be willing to have a go.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the moment we are relegation candidates despite being only 3 games in. The returning players will give us a boost, but only in terms of mid table mediocrity.

This is arguably the most competitive English League, and you need massive energy, hungry players, a solid defence, a striker who puts himself about, bringing midfield runners into play, and MOST importantly a manager who knows how this league works and how to get out of it.

I think with elite players at his disposal, Cocu would do a good job, at Everton for example, where is was previously linked.

For me Paul Cook is in the Dean Smith school of football management. He will get big performance levels from this squad, as on paper we have a good blend of experience and youth. He would certainly use players in their strongest positions and Marriott would be prolific. Unfortunately Phil will need to fall on his sword and take Wayne with him for this to happen.

I really can’t accept the performance level today. But that’s just my opinion.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

What ever made you think that?

Because he's an experienced pro who played in the Championship for years. He also worked as a pundit for Sky covering the Championship where he received universal acclaim for his articulate views and critique of the league he now works in.

Other than that, you're right, my mistake.

32 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Winning the Dutch league is totally different to the championship there are only 3 teams in Holland challenging for the title . There players are a poor standard like or centre back we signed. 

Their players are a poor standard ???

I take it you have never watched the Eredivisie or the Dutch national teams.

50 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

I,ll take all the abuse again this is the worst Derby team for many a year the manager is rubbish we were lucky against Barrow , 57mins against Preston was the 1st shot on goal , 4 nil against Blackburn at home , all preseason friendlies lost and you still say to get rid of  Cocu is wrong .

COCU team is embarrassing we've gone back 10 years .

Paul Cook for me we need a manager who understands English and championship football. 

Not sure about Paul Cooke but as a season ticket holder and someone who does travel I think we are a poor side. I don’t see that he gets the best out of his players like Chris  Wilder or even a Neil Warnock and I think that’s what’s required after that today.

Eddie Howe be worth a conversation but the reality is there are lots of fans still clinging on to Cocu and I think MM is one of them so I see nothing changing anytime soon

13 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Paul Cook’s name might not be glamorous, but he’s done excellent work at every club he’s been at! 

Derby County have lacked grit and fight for years, and it’s something Paul Cook has in abundance.

I say this often, Derby tend to have their best spells when they have a manager who isnt famous and a name to live up to.

There must be something good about Cook, we have just signed 2 of his players and clubs are literally pulling his team to pieces.

He is able to build a team.

20 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Their players are a poor standard ???

I take it you have never watched the Eredivisie or the Dutch national teams.

What's the last time a Dutch team won a trophy they come to the premiership like Depay said to be the next great thing Man Utd booted him out very quickly , the young centre half who's joined Juventus can't get a game Dutch football is rubbish just like Cocu. 

3 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

What's the last time a Dutch team won a trophy they come to the premiership like Depay said to be the next great thing Man Utd booted him out very quickly , the young centre half who's joined Juventus can't get a game Dutch football is rubbish just like Cocu. 

Quite correct, and shows the importance of communication.

Cocu said "find me the next Van Dijk", and our scouts heard "find me the next Van Dyke".

10 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Id guess Nigel DeJong was the last dutch player to win the dutch league and the prem

Last lot of decent ones were that Ajax team with bergkamp, overmars, van der sar, that sort of era with the exception of maybe robben. I agree its rubbish 

I am one of those who wants Cocu to succeed. And, given time to let the new players bed in, and the injured players get fit I think we’ll be ok. 

My observation of today is that we were fine until we conceded, then the heads drop again and they lose heart. Even Rooney appeared disinterested. We were fine for the first 10 minutes but we seem to lack ‘guts’ and steel when we go behind.

I think if Cocu got sacked then Rooney gets it for financial reasons. 

If it happened I’d go for Eddie Howe, or even Lee Johnson for good to watch football, though Bristol City fans got annoyed by his selections in the end.

19 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Lets see Van Nistelrooy, Berkamp,Van Der Sar, Dirk Kuyt, Van Dijk, Georginio Wijnaldum,Van Persie, Robben, Melchiot too name but a few

1 minute ago, Rambalin said:

Lets see Van Nistelrooy, Berkamp,Van Der Sar, Dirk Kuyt, Van Dijk, Georginio Wijnaldum,Van Persie, Robben, Melchiot too name but a few

That's rubbish 2  out of 11  at present were talking championship football the manager is failing take your blinkers off look at the last 6 matches last season all pre season matches lost all 3 championship matches lost. 

Go and get Berkamp , Van de sar  , Van persie, Dirk Kuyt. 

Dutch football is rubbish watch Man Utd get rid of their new signing from Ajax 1 season at the most. 

20 minutes ago, Van Rammeister said:

My observation of today is that we were fine until we conceded, then the heads drop again and they lose heart. Even Rooney appeared disinterested. We were fine for the first 10 minutes but we seem to lack ‘guts’ and steel when we go behind.

Totally concur we have no self belief whatsoever which is quite worrying. And more worryingly is that you expect your manager to instil that in you.

2 minutes ago, Jram said:

Come on, calm down, we’ll be fine 

I have every faith we’ll pick up soon

Seeing as we're third from bottom of the league with zero points and only Wycombe between us and a team who started the season with a points deduction then things can't actually get any worse can they ?

Archived