Get Real

Ramfan1958

I,ll take all the abuse again this is the worst Derby team for many a year the manager is rubbish we were lucky against Barrow , 57mins against Preston was the 1st shot on goal , 4 nil against Blackburn at home , all preseason friendlies lost and you still say to get rid of  Cocu is wrong .

COCU team is embarrassing we've gone back 10 years .

Paul Cook for me we need a manager who understands English and championship football. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

Paul Cook. I’d rather have Sue Cook. 

Believe me he was good at Chesterfield and everywhere he has been. I lived in Chesterfield and went to watch them when Cook was there they were really good they nearly got into the championship he left and look where they are now. The football was good and some players made it in to better things. We could do a lot worse. 

I really can't disagree yet I will get shut down again by cocu fans claiming he can't do much more with what he has at his disposal currently. Utter nonsense. The problems we are seeing are not down to individual quality, they are systemic. Attitude, closing down opponents, positioning all comes from the manager and how he sets the team up. Stop making excuses for this absolute poo show. Call it out for what it is.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Really?

Paul Cook is a good manager.

Winning the Dutch league is totally different to the championship there are only 3 teams in Holland challenging for the title . There players are a poor standard like or centre back we signed. 

We're going nowhere with Cocu and Rooney is a marketing tool and no more .

Look at the Forest match last season at Pride Park how we got a draw I will never know anyone who keeps backing Cocu need to see the doctor. 

We need a experienced English manager else were going no were again again again.

Cocu OUT 

3 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

I,ll take all the abuse again this is the worst Derby team for many a year the manager is rubbish we were lucky against Barrow , 57mins against Preston was the 1st shot on goal , 4 nil against Blackburn at home , all preseason friendlies lost and you still say to get rid of  Cocu is wrong .

Paul Cook for me we need a manager who understands English and championship football. 

I thought Rosenior was the ideal coach to work alongside Cocu to make him aware of the harsh realities of the Championship. What sort of conversations are they having when discussing these shambolic performances?

The blueprint has been set by Leeds. Work harder than the opposition, run yourselves into the ground, get the ball back if you lose it. I didn't see any of our players break a sweat today and that is totally unacceptable.

Cocu says the same thing every week, questions the players attitude but maybe it is becoming quite apparent that the players just don't buy into him. Even our great role model Rooney clearly can't be arsed.

What must the players think when they look over at the bench and see the manager staring expressionless at the pitch.

I really want to buy into the Cocu "project" but how long will the fans put up with this negative, passive dross.

What on earth must Mel be thinking right now.

It's an extremely subjective statement to make saying that it's the worst team in the past so many years as it's difficult to compare apples with apples....HOWEVER it is hard to dispute that performances AND results have been abject since the final quarter of last season and has been carried forward with avengance this season. 

What I find most worrying is that I don't actually know what Cocu is trying to achieve and quite sadly it looks like neither does he, unless he has some grandmaster plan to grind morale and confidence of his players to their lowest possible ebb. 

I posted last week that things might get worse before they get better. We need Lawrence, Waggers and Bielik back and then a new striker in. We then need Ibe fit and then surely we can see where we stand, maybe at Christmas. If we are then still playing dire football and losing games, it might be time for a change.

It’s too early to pull the trigger. There are problems no doubt but surely Cocu must get time for his team to take shape. 
Of course he may not get the chance to get the injured Lawrence Waghorn and Beilik back. Ibe may not be match fit in time and the new striker may come too late.
it depends on how Mel sees it, but lose a couple more and his pistol will be cocked.

8 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

People assume that because Phil is Dutch, wears smart suits and played for Barcelona, he is therefore a more sophisticated and progressive manager than Cook. If Cook wasn't a bald English guy he'd have a much better reputation. He plays attacking and entertaining football. I'd be happy if he was our manager.  

I don't think I've seen a worse negative team than the Cocu team I can stand loosing but when you don't have a shot on target till 57 mins, lucky to beat Barrow on penalties the football is dire and so boring to watch .

Can anyone tell me they think Cocu team is more attractive than Rowetts team and we say his team was boring !!! 

We deserve better it would have been interesting if the fans had been there today they would have been BOOOOOD of the pitch.

Get Rid of Cocu. 

Archived