Have we progressed under Cocu?

Chris_Martin

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I’ve always been in the Cocu in camp and I will wait until Lawrence and Waghorn are back before changing my view.... but if there is not massive improvement at this point then I expect I will probably be withdrawing my support..... (I’m sure he’s very worried about this prospect)..

Hudd's was on soccer am today and said one or two things when he was doing the shooting at goal competition that may have some bearing if anyone wants to review it. 

My biggest disappointment under the cocu reign is how excited I got thinking we’d be Barcelona B loaning/buying some unknown foreign gems from Spain and Holland, has he not got the contacts or pulling power to get them!?

Rooney for me is a bigger pull especially for the English younger lads to want to come and play at Derby. 

I find it funny how quite a few people are saying we need a tall hold up player to do anything in this league. Look at Blackburn they had Armstrong who is small but he bullied our defence. Norwich went up with pukki banging them in. Sheffield United had sharp although they did play a different system. Reading with Jaou or however you spell it isn't the natural hold up striker. Leeds had Bamford who isn't a natural hold up player but an all around quite good player. 

The more worrying for me is the centre midfield  its powder puff in there with bird who is technically gifted but he's so lightweight he needs to be in there with a bielik. He's the energetic monster who won't be bullied and can run with the ball. Rooney and bird are to slow. The 4231 needs to be scrapped to a 433 we need energy in there id move knight in the middle. He's got bite and I really like the look of him. When everyone's fit I don't see many of the academy lads in the 11 tbh ibe lawrence and jozwiak in the 3 behind looks very tasty with a number 9 and I'd play knight and bielik behind. New left back needed and we are ready  

I think Cocu's main problem is that he's trying to make the players play how he wants, rather than set up in a way that suits what we've got and play to our strengths. Something i think Lampard and Mac both did very well.

Also, what really annoys me is the constant worrying and 'adapting' to what opposition we're playing. We have good players and should focus on ourselves and play our way. All the teams that go up from championship have an identity; Leeds, Sheff utd, bournemouth, norwich, wolves, etc,etc. I just no longer know what our identity is. 

On 26/09/2020 at 20:04, RoyMac5 said:

Lol! Pay peanuts get monkeys! Do you think we couldn't match BC or did we not want to?!

Please mods can we not just rename every topic Chris Martin and add a number ,it’s like taking the the kids out in the car , dad dad are we nearly there yet? ??

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

Please mods can we not just rename every topic Chris Martin and add a number ,it’s like taking the the kids out in the car , dad dad are we nearly there yet? ??

You've just brought this to notice again, not me. What a saddo you're being Archied.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You've just brought this to notice again, not me. What a saddo you're being Archied.

Every thread? Really? You have no idea what Martin wanted and what Derby offered yet on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on 

Archived