Keogh to MK Dons

Brammie Steve

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Brummie Steve said:

Richard has signed for MK Dons.

I, for one, wish him well and thank him fo his years of faithful service with the Rams.

Right up to the abrupt end.

Hope he's making a full recovery.

I always thought he got the rough deal out of it all.

The only person not driving and he is the one who stops playing for the club. The club did try to support him though, Derby should take no blame what so ever.

When you look at that thicko Mason, we actually gave him a 2nd chance and to see how he repaid it.

Keogh would have put everything into repaying the club and fans had he had the opportunity to do so.

I honestly could have cried when I saw him wearing the MK Don's shirt, he and Martin were club legends for me and both should have retired playing for this club.

Good luck to Keogh, but duck MK Franchise. In a time where the EFL seems hell bent on doing anything they can to put real clubs out of business it's important we remember that they'd definitely support relocation of clubs if they could get away with it.

15 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I always thought he got the rough deal out of it all.

The only person not driving and he is the one who stops playing for the club. The club did try to support him though, Derby should take no blame what so ever.

When you look at that thicko Mason, we actually gave him a 2nd chance and to see how he repaid it.

Keogh would have put everything into repaying the club and fans had he had the opportunity to do so.

I honestly could have cried when I saw him wearing the MK Don's shirt, he and Martin were club legends for me and both should have retired playing for this club.

I don't believe he got the rough end at all. Unfortunately for him he got injured and wasn't able to do the job he was paid to do.

If I got myself injured from my own stupidity and wasn't able to work for a year. If my work came to me and said "You can't do what we pay you to do for the next 12 months. So we are gonna reduce you wages" If I then told me work no. You can stick that up your arse. My work would sack me..

Regardless of how much the pay cut was the fact he didn't take it was what didn't sit well with me. Especially after all Mel Morris has done for him. 

But still prior to all this he's been a good servant and I wish him well.

Assuming that Keogh is fit, would it have been worth paying his wages and keeping him. In short, can we find a similar player for the money that we may have saved if Keogh doesn't get his lost wages back. Keogh will obviously be a star at MKD. How has Keogh recovered so quickly.

It’s a bit of an unknown whether he will return at the same level but the fact it’s his first cruciate injury means he’s got a good chance of at least getting back to 95%. He’ll be the stand out player in league one and is probably good enough still for most teams in the championship! What an incredible signing for MK Dons! 

It all ended a bit sour and if Keogh had swallowed his pride a bit and accepted what we offered, he’d still be here now and play an important part next season. MK Dons is well below his level.

Despite the way it ended, he’s been one of the most influential players at Derby in past 15-20 years and given us brilliant service, an outstanding signing by Clough. I will always remember him fondly and wish him well.

People are so binary with their opinions, Keogh seems to push people to the extremes of it! He was a very good player for us and a fine servant. Frankly, if he didn't have an error in him he wouldn't have been playing for us, he'd be in the PL but that's where we're at isn't it. Clearly he wasn't Wright, MacFarland or Stimac but neither was he Vic Moreland or Claude '50p head' Davis. He muffed up at the end and that's sa, wish him all the best and move on.

Happy for the lad. Such a shame that he blotted his copybook but he had a great time of it at the club and will be fondly remembered by most, if not all. I'd say if he's anywhere near what he was prior to Joinersgate, then MK Dons have signed a very decent CB.

Not many players win two Player of the Year Awards and so, even if he was only playing for us in the Championship and we didn't win anything during his time, he has to go down as a very good player for us and bordering on 'club legend' (although aforementioned Championship level and lack of trophies or promotion mean he doesn't quite meet the mark).  Shame how it ended, but hope he does well.  I also appreciated his Instagram message, even if it was probably sent through gritted teeth.

1 hour ago, LazloW said:

Not many players win two Player of the Year Awards and so, even if he was only playing for us in the Championship and we didn't win anything during his time, he has to go down as a very good player for us and bordering on 'club legend' (although aforementioned Championship level and lack of trophies or promotion mean he doesn't quite meet the mark).  Shame how it ended, but hope he does well.  I also appreciated his Instagram message, even if it was probably sent through gritted teeth.

I think Keogh had a great relationship with most fans, so the message seemed genuine enough  to me.

Good luck to him, but I am one of those bitter duckers that blames him for the qpr play off loss. We had them on toast that day, and it was just a matter of time before we finished them off, then Sir Richard drops the clanger of the century to cost us promotion ? Good luck, but good riddance. Sorry if that offends anyone, but it is my opinion.

21 minutes ago, Floppy Sausage said:

Good luck to him, but I am one of those bitter duckers that blames him for the qpr play off loss. We had them on toast that day, and it was just a matter of time before we finished them off, then Sir Richard drops the clanger of the century to cost us promotion ? Good luck, but good riddance. Sorry if that offends anyone, but it is my opinion.

Yes he did drop the clanger but so did Forsyth and Bucko in the lead up to it. The ball should never have got as far as Keogh 

43 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Yes he did drop the clanger but so did Forsyth and Bucko in the lead up to it. The ball should never have got as far as Keogh 

And the much lauded attackers should have scored before then.

Why not blame CM, Russell, Ward or wonder boy Hughes?

Noone ever blames forward players for not winning games - see threads on Roos.

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

bucko more than Forsyth, wtf was he messing about at. 

people blame keogh, but where was our other central defender ? why didn't he clear it? oh, because hed been pissing about with the ball rather than clear it out of play 

5 hours ago, Paul71 said:

bucko more than Forsyth, wtf was he messing about at. 

people blame keogh, but where was our other central defender ? why didn't he clear it? oh, because hed been pissing about with the ball rather than clear it out of play 

He was losing a full blooded physical confrontation with junior hoilet wasn't he....?

Archived