Cian Kelly Caprani

RAMesses III

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

The tweet author goes on to say that this is the last window we would be able to sign u18s from abroad due to Brexit. 

It's a shame. 

Ireland seems to be the one place we seem to have a decent scouting network. 

Like how the author knows how football will change transfer rules for Brexit before anyone else.

47 minutes ago, Srg said:

Like how the author knows how football will change transfer rules for Brexit before anyone else.

Just checked. The rules already exist. Fifa bans International transfers of u18s. 

It's just that EU freedom of movement law trumps Fifa regulations. 

So unless we strike a trade deal that allows freedom of movement (for footballers at least) that means the end of this recruitment avenue. 

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

Just checked. The rules already exist. Fifa bans International transfers of u18s. 

It's just that EU freedom of movement law trumps Fifa regulations. 

So unless we strike a trade deal that allows freedom of movement (for footballers at least) that means the end of this recruitment avenue. 

What about the common travel area (as @reverendo de duivel pointed out) between the UK and Ireland?

17 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

What about the common travel area (as @reverendo de duivel pointed out) between the UK and Ireland?

Ireland will be fine but the rest of Europe won't be - So no talent from Cocu's mates in Holland

@reverendo de duivel is 100% correct that the CTA is fixed and Brexit doesn't affect that - So the scouting in Ireland is still fine for the youf team - But anywhere else in Europe we wouldn't be able to get youngsters

20 hours ago, Srg said:

It's a FIFA thing, not a UK thing. No players under the age of 18 can transfer to a club outside their home nation for football reasons, except players in the EU or EEA, and players already living within some given distance of the club they're transferring to (I think it's 100 km). Players in the EU and EEA have a limit on players under 16. 

If the UK leaves the EEA, which is the plan to my understanding, then access to that exemption is gone. The agreements between the UK and Ireland won't change that unless a new exemption is added specifically for that purpose. 

On 29/07/2020 at 23:08, Van der MoodHoover said:

Not to mention that all citizens of the Republic of Ireland have the right to a British passport through some legacy arrangements dating back to the formation of the Irish free state and then republic.

Apologies for bringing up a week old comment, but that's news to me. Doesn't that apply to people born before 1948 only (and therefore born within the Commonwealth)? The CTA will hopefully trump FIFAs rules anyway.

On 29/07/2020 at 23:08, Van der MoodHoover said:

Not to mention that all citizens of the Republic of Ireland have the right to a British passport through some legacy arrangements dating back to the formation of the Irish free state and then republic.

They have a right to residency, work and so on, not a passport. It's a reciprocal thing.

49 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Apologies for bringing up a week old comment, but that's news to me. Doesn't that apply to people born before 1948 only (and therefore born within the Commonwealth)? The CTA will hopefully trump FIFAs rules anyway.

6 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

They have a right to residency, work and so on, not a passport. It's a reciprocal thing.

Well, in truth I am talking purely from an empirical observation of a chap at work who stated he had dual nationality and wasn't born in ROI so I made a wild extrapolation on the basis of no research. 

I took my inspiration from Boris' scientists....?

So quite possibly some nuance of which i am ignorant.

8 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Well, in truth I am talking purely from an empirical observation of a chap at work who stated he had dual nationality and wasn't born in ROI so I made a wild extrapolation on the basis of no research. 

I took my inspiration from Boris' scientists....?

So quite possibly some nuance of which i am ignorant.

I have 3 people in this very household who have Irish passports. There is absolutely no desire on their part to get British ones - her indoors could get one thanks to her wonderful marriage - there's just no need. The Irish one is much better for travelling and is going to get even better in 2021.

11 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I have 3 people in this very household who have Irish passports. There is absolutely no desire on their part to get British ones - her indoors could get one thanks to her wonderful marriage - there's just no need. The Irish one is much better for travelling and is going to get even better in 2021.

Similar. Irish wife, and kids will have joint passports.

For some reason, on our honeymoon we discovered that Zambia is free for Irish people but not for British people. The smile on her face when she joined the empty queue and I was 100 spots back in my queue! 

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Similar. Irish wife, and kids will have joint passports.

For some reason, on our honeymoon we discovered that Zambia is free for Irish people but not for British people. The smile on her face when she joined the empty queue and I was 100 spots back in my queue! 

We need to get used to this. Next year they are going to be able to zip through passport control, get lunch, go to the beach and get a tan while we rough it in the long queue.

14 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I didn't know she'd been married before. 

Archived