Cian Kelly Caprani

RAMesses III

15 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I have 3 people in this very household who have Irish passports. There is absolutely no desire on their part to get British ones - her indoors could get one thanks to her wonderful marriage - there's just no need. The Irish one is much better for travelling and is going to get even better in 2021.

In fairness, as of 2019, UK and ROI had visa free access to exactly the same number of countries, obv that is now changing. I may get myself an ROI passport, as long as I can keep my British one!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

In fairness, as of 2019, UK and ROI had visa free access to exactly the same number of countries, obv that is now changing. I may get myself an ROI passport, as long as I can keep my British one!

Good for you. Wish I could. 

You can keep your UK one by the way. 

44 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

This may be true but people across the globe look more favourably on an Irish one.

On 29/07/2020 at 18:59, Rab a dab doo said:

We seem to have a good 'conveyor' belt of talent coming across the Irish Sea.

Dave Langan, Vic Moreland, Billy Caskey.....fast forward 30 years.....Jeff Hendrick, Jason Knight plus some other honorary Irish players we didn't actually bring over from ireland (Keogh, Paul Green et al)

Quite a number - not quite a liverpool or Man u, but quite a few...

4 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Thanks, then I will apply, simply for travel within Europe, that's the only benefit really - Globally and more specifically from a business perspective, a UK passport is far more beneficial. Oh, and I live in the UK so it would be a bit of a risk to put my eggs in a foreign basket....

7 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Fairly easy to get an eu passport at present , i have got French one just by doing a years secondment for Airbus in Toulouse. Use it where it's easier ie Gulf, Far east etc.

But wouldn't entertain it for an ESTA DOHS would climb all over it.

Archived