Preseason 2020/21

RoyMac5

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Saffy van der Ram said:

Sibley too

Missing this weekend: Waghorn, Lawrence, Holmes, Sibley, Ebosele, Bielik, Clarke, Panzo, new striker, new winger.

in general - what have we learned from the two friendlies

a) fans are desperate for information. 

b) 16 year old Ibrahim was a more important signing than we thought.

c) Buchanan is ahead of Malone in the left back rankings

d) Wisdom is back fit 

11 minutes ago, Boycie said:

If we can’t beat Doncaster I’m going to scream and scream ‘till I’m sick!

I think Violet Elizabeth Bott would correct this to ‘ If we can’t beat Doncathter I’ll  thcream and I’ll thcream til I make mythelf thick’.

Know my Just William stories, me!!

57 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

@OwenB87 Hi mate. Do you know what has happened to Waghorn and Holmes?

Also how come have we not heard off Cocu yet? 

Think we're 2 weeks in to pre season. We've had a game.

The fixtures have come out.

And we've not heard anything from him?

Not sure on Waggy or Duane. Both have been training, as far as I’m aware.

Haven’t heard from Cocu yet simply because he’ll be doing shed loads of media over the coming months and there’s no need to add to the load.

He may well have done post-match today, I’m not sure. 

But there’s no conspiracy to worry about here. 

5 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

Not sure on Waggy or Duane. Both have been training, as far as I’m aware.

Haven’t heard from Cocu yet simply because he’ll be doing shed loads of media over the coming months and there’s no need to add to the load.

He may well have done post-match today, I’m not sure. 

But there’s no conspiracy to worry about here. 

No I didn't think there was with Cocu bud. 

Just strange with Waghorn and Holmes. Cos I've seen they're both training.

I heard a rumour a few weeks ago from someone that apparently knows Holmes that we are looking to sell him. Which I took with a picnh of salt. 

Appreciate your reply. 

Anyone else concerned about the lack of attacking depth and quality we have at the moment ,with Martin gone, Marriott injury prone  and Waghorn missing , Lawrence out and Jozefoon ready to be taken back in a Vauxhall Safira as shown by the team we put out 2nd  half we are in  serious need of a few new additions. If we don't sign atleast 2 new attackers I fear we will struggle to improve on last season and finish in the top 6 which should always be the minimum target. Bennett is rubbish and the rest of the younger attacking  players are unlikely to be ready to make  a big impact, I hope we sign atleast 1 winger before the Reading game.

9 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Anyone else concerned about the lack of attacking depth and quality we have at the moment ,with Martin gone, Marriott injury prone  and Waghorn missing , Lawrence out and Jozefoon ready to be taken back in a Vauxhall Safira as shown by the team we put out 2nd  half we are in  serious need of a few new additions. If we don't sign atleast 2 new attackers I fear we will struggle to improve on last season and finish in the top 6 which should always be the minimum target. Bennett is rubbish and the rest of the younger attacking  players are unlikely to be ready to make  a big impact, I hope we sign atleast 1 winger before the Reading game.

No.

8 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

If we don't sign atleast 2 new attackers I fear we will struggle to improve on last season and finish in the top 6 which should always be the minimum target

Exactly my thoughts. We need two more forward players no doubt. Somehow our squad has become very defence heavy

9 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

What about if jack says fit and waggy and Lawrence are back?

Add in Whittaker, sibley, knight, holmes, hector Ingram and rooney.

I think we might be alright.

Still not learning from mistakes are we? If in doubt chuck a load of money at it.

19 minutes ago, KBB said:

What about if jack says fit and waggy and Lawrence are back?

Add in Whittaker, sibley, knight, holmes, hector Ingram and rooney.

I think we might be alright.

Still not learning from mistakes are we? If in doubt chuck a load of money at it.

Just becuase we have signed rubbish in the past doesn't mean we will sign rubbish again especially now we have Cocu as manager and instead of some of the incompetent managers we have had. We clearly need a new winger even if everyone stays fit. We have Lawrence, Jozefoon and Waghorn as our main winger options  pretty rubbish really, as only Jozefoon is an orthodox winger and he doesn't get games, we need a direct and pacey right winger.

14 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Just becuase we have signed rubbish in the past doesn't mean we will sign rubbish again especially now we have Cocu as manager and instead of some of the incompetent managers we have had. We clearly need a new winger even if everyone stays fit. We have Lawrence, Jozefoon and Waghorn as our main winger options  pretty rubbish really, as only Jozefoon is an orthodox winger and he doesn't get games, we need a direct and pacey right winger.

Dont get this obsession with "wingers"

We havent played with "wingers" for about 19 years.

Hardly any teams play with "wingers" anymore. They are wide forwards. Quick strikers cutting in from out wide.

Wingers are for a 4-4-2 formation. We dont play 4-4-2, hence we need wide forwards.

Lawrence, knight, waggy, holmes and sibley have all played that role in our 4-3-3 formation. So has bogle on numerous times been pushed forward with wisdom coming on at right back. Stoke at home prime example.

Toy may think we need to buy more players. On this occasion I have to respectfully disagree with you.

Honestly dont see the need to sign players for the need of it.

4 minutes ago, KBB said:

Dont get this obsession with "wingers"

We havent played with "wingers" for about 19 years.

Hardly any teams play with "wingers" anymore. They are wide forwards. Quick strikers cutting in from out wide.

Wingers are for a 4-4-2 formation. We dont play 4-4-2, hence we need wide forwards.

Lawrence, knight, waggy, holmes and sibley have all played that role in our 4-3-3 formation. So has bogle on numerous times been pushed forward with wisdom coming on at right back. Stoke at home prime example.

Toy may think we need to buy more players. On this occasion I have to respectfully disagree with you.

Honestly dont see the need to sign players for the need of it.

Agree, but we do need some players with pace who can take it past a man. 

Archived