Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Text last Thursday from a work associate:
"Derby will get a points deduction on Friday.  Is Mel Morris the worst owner we've had?  We don't own the stadium, could get relegated next season, the list goes on". 
(Actually, I've added some punctuation in there for your comfort.  There  was none in his text!)

I really couldn't be ar5ed to reply, but I did raise my eyebrows, even though I was alone!

Text yesterday from the same work associate:  "Charges against Derby have been dismissed so no points deduction good news".

My immediate text response:  "Yeah, I've just heard.  I take it you will be apologising personally to Mr Morris, and congratulating him on an excellent job?"

I haven't heard back yet!  ?

the simpsons fox GIF

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

the simpsons fox GIF

Oh yeah!  My mistake!  Point taken.

...I didn't raise my eyebrows, I rolled my eyes!  

More like this...

tenor.gif

In fact, I think I may even have done that head back thing, too!

I should concentrate more, when posting!   

51 minutes ago, David said:

Does Mel Morris still have questions to answer from some fans? Just checking. 

I was out drinking in Lincoln for a mates birthday when the news dropped, couldn’t be happier not just for the club, but for him personally. 

He’s taken some stick in this thread before a guilty verdict from an independent tribunal was heard, bizarre when you stop to think what he has done for this club.

Thank you Mel, some of us never doubted you and are greatly appreciative of your ownership and how you have conducted yourself not just through this farce of an investigation but throughout your tenure.

Oh and to the incompetent EFL, Gibson, Kieran Maguire, wally from Barnsley, Leeds, Forest, Bristol City and QPR fans?

Playing devils advocate here, as I dont like rubbing fellow supporters noses in it too much.

I guess their argument would be that we have had to relinquish one of our most important assets just to meet P&S rules and, if reports are to be believed will only receive the money for that over a period of 8 years.

Personally, I have no issues with it as MM assured that there were various clauses attached to the lease which makes it akin to still being our property and I'm happy to take them words at face value.

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Playing devils advocate here, as I dont like rubbing fellow supporters noses in it too much.

I guess their argument would be that we have had to relinquish one of our most important assets just to meet P&S rules and, if reports are to be believed will only receive the money for that over a period of 8 years.

Personally, I have no issues with it as MM assured that there were various clauses attached to the lease which makes it akin to still being our property and I'm happy to take them words at face value.

Wasn't that Sheffield Wednesday, not us?

Just now, Topram said:

Daily mail guy reporting EFL will appeal, he’s got to be a boro fan 

U got to love those d heads at the daily fail 

like a good red dog from The depth of Mansfield, they just open their mouths and hope something coherent comes out 

What is clearly evident from all this and what’s gone on before 

Is that when it really matters, for all the talk about kebabs and suitable condiments and tramps being locked in peoples basements the truth of the matter is no matter how we get there but if dcfc fans hit 100 pages plus on anything then we get what we want ?

Now .... where’s that “another chris Martin thread” lol 

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not rubbing anyone’s nose in it, like him or not this is the verdict we all wanted surely.

I don’t like seeing him thrown under the bus before anything has been proven either, but you know this isn’t the first time nor will it be the last.

Positive there will be no apologies and the next time Matt Hughes or any other journalist takes a swing at us the  same pitchforks will be back out wanting their pound of flesh. 

You can play devil’s advocate if you want, but the way I see it, the stadium sale is another example of just how hard he’s trying within the rules to inject money into the club to make us competitive against the absolute shambles that are parachute payments. 

Sure, it would have been nice to have kept that ace up our sleeve, I’m also sure Mel would have preferred his millions to have been spent better and be sat in the Premier League, but this is sport, 23 other clubs have a say. 

The man has been class and committed since the day he walked through the door, the day he leaves will be a sad one and I suspect his legacy will only be universally approved many years later and I find that incredibly sad.

Oh and Mr Popodopolous over on otib.co.uk stay over there talking to yourself with your written liquid poo, your registration on here has been denied.

Wouldn’t expect you to understand numbers, you’re posting on a forum that can’t even count the number of teams in Bristol.

26 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Think you are mixing the Wednesday case up here regards the stadium money. In Derby's case the money was transferred in straight away Wednesday's was over a number of years. 

6 minutes ago, David said:

Not rubbing anyone’s nose in it, like him or not this is the verdict we all wanted surely.

I don’t like seeing him thrown under the bus before anything has been proven either, but you know this isn’t the first time nor will it be the last.

Positive there will be no apologies and the next time Matt Hughes or any other journalist takes a swing at us the  same pitchforks will be back out wanting their pound of flesh. 

You can play devil’s advocate if you want, but the way I see it, the stadium sale is another example of just how hard he’s trying within the rules to inject money into the club to make us competitive against the absolute shambles that are parachute payments. 

Sure, it would have been nice to have kept that ace up our sleeve, I’m also sure Mel would have preferred his millions to have been spent better and be sat in the Premier League, but this is sport, 23 other clubs have a say. 

The man has been class and committed since the day he walked through the door, the day he leaves will be a sad one and I suspect his legacy will only be universally approved many years later and I find that incredibly sad.

Agree with you completely, but just to comment further on @G STAR RAM's post, no one really wanted us to sell the stadium in that way just to stay within the rules, but that's also the point. It was within the rules, and if those rules are there you're doing nothing to break them, then exactly what can anyone say to that?

The only thing I would say is that the EFL rules are corrupt and heavily favour the clubs with parachute payments, leaving clubs like ourselves with little option in way of competing.

Whilst we're all happy and relieved at the verdict, I would add some caution to the celebration. 

Its pretty clear the Clement era spending haunted the club ever since, and we should be thankful to the efforts Mel has gone to so that we remain competitive, however, it's not really a case of EFL charge dismissed everything is fine again. 

Do expect promotion of youth players to continue, very few big signings and don't get overboard if another season or two are a bit meh, midtable. 

We are probably in a better position for investment allowing Mel a step back or honourable exit, but in post covid football the conditions aren't likely to be brilliant for any clubs outside the top flight. Weve had to take out a loan and I wouldn't be surprised if we do sell one of the academy stars this summer. 

Happy and relieved to be moving forward but let's just temper expectations a little bit. 

10 minutes ago, David said:

Oh and Mr Popodopolous over on otib.co.uk stay over there talking to yourself with your written liquid poo, your registration on here has been denied.

Wouldn’t expect you to understand numbers, you’re posting on a forum that can’t even count the number of teams in Bristol.

Just had a nose, he really has disappeared up his own arse hasn't he?

We have been proven to have acted within the rules. If you don't like the outcome complain about the people setting the rules not us you absolute melt.

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Just had a nose, he really has disappeared up his own arse hasn't he?

We have been proven to have acted within the rules. If you don't like the outcome complain about the people setting the rules not us you absolute melt.

Barely anyone replies to him, just continues to ramble on. Shouldn’t laugh really, might have lost one or two marbles.

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Whilst we're all happy and relieved at the verdict, I would add some caution to the celebration. 

Its pretty clear the Clement era spending haunted the club ever since, and we should be thankful to the efforts Mel has gone to so that we remain competitive, however, it's not really a case of EFL charge dismissed everything is fine again. 

Do expect promotion of youth players to continue, very few big signings and don't get overboard if another season or two are a bit meh, midtable. 

We are probably in a better position for investment allowing Mel a step back or honourable exit, but in post covid football the conditions aren't likely to be brilliant for any clubs outside the top flight. Weve had to take out a loan and I wouldn't be surprised if we do sell one of the academy stars this summer. 

Happy and relieved to be moving forward but let's just temper expectations a little bit. 

I don't know about anyone else but that's what I want to happen anyway.

Our youth players have proved themselves to be some of the best in the country, actually the best just over a year ago, they're not there just to make up the numbers.

It's nice being able to spend a bit of money on players, but it's nicer being able to say we helped to develop them.

1 minute ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

I don't know about anyone else but that's what I want to happen anyway.

Our youth players have proved themselves to be some of the best in the country, actually the best just over a year ago, they're not there just to make up the numbers.

It's nice being able to spend a bit of money on players, but it's nicer being able to say we helped to develop them.

Oh I'm with you. The gradual remodeling away from big spend poo or bust through Pearson/mac2 the rowett then lampaard get a competitive team together by hook or by crook onto let's build a team/club is most welcome. I was trying to caution against "EFL done with, let's get some headline grabbing signings in for promotion 2021" which I don't see being the way we are going to go.

Archived