Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

1 hour ago, JfR said:

What's coming first, this ruling or the David Marshall signing? Think Marshall will be announced before the end of the decade, and this will be announced before 2040.

Typical double announcement. Some bad and some good news at the same time.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The whole world of football is completely on its arse, the rules in this country make no sense.

Derby County had 1 year where they went silly and spent loads, the first time properly in my years supporting the Rams where money was no object and we have been punished for it ever since. 

We spent lots, but for all that money, for all that outlay, what have we gained financially? What has been our Ill gotten gains? The answer is zilcho...Mel has continuously covered losses, not allowing the club to fall into the mess like Wigan, Coventry, Sunderland etc (which all happened under the noses of the EFL, in the case of Wigan with the blessing of the EFL).

Meanwhile, at least 2 clubs, QPR and Villa, have beaten us at Wembley having completely disregarded FFP rules. It's like the Premier League is a tax haven for football, if you get there breaking the rules nothing will happen to you, you are safe and will be given millions upon millions. If you chase the dream and fail however, it's time to spend 20 years in a Venezuelan prison.

Mel has invested massively in our academy, at a time where English football was on the decline, our club was investing in young talent, Hendrick, Hughes, Knight, Sibley, Bird etc etc. Our club should be applauded for trying to do things the correct way.

Instead, our club finds itself in a battle over Egos, and that is exactly what this is, this isnt the EFL vs Derby County, this is the EFL vs Mel Morris and we the fans are collateral damage. 

I wish it was so simple as to say balls to football and have done with it.

Add Bournemouth , Wolves and Lestoh to that list 

31 minutes ago, JfR said:

What's coming first, this ruling or the David Marshall signing? Think Marshall will be announced before the end of the decade, and this will be announced before 2040.

Twenty to nine is a peculiar time for an announcement. Probably suits the efl. 

I know we can't compare cases but Sheffield Wednesdays hearing started on the 23rd June, 5 weeks and 3 days later they heard the verdict. Our hearing started on the 13th of July, 5 weeks and 3 days later is today. I'm expecting a club statement at 7pm.

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I know we can't compare cases but Sheffield Wednesdays hearing started on the 23rd June, 5 weeks and 3 days later they heard the verdict. Our hearing started on the 13th of July, 5 weeks and 3 days later is today. I'm expecting a club statement at 7pm.

Nah

19.04 hrs.

No communication from the handlers.

In the absence of proper orders, decision made to drink 2 bottles of beer and await further instruction from Komrade known to me only as "Smoggy Boss". The glory of the the Peoples Democratic Republic of Middlesbrough and Teeside (including Darlington but excluding Hartlepool) will come, but not today.

End Personal log

Komrade Agent Parry

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I cant remember where but a while back Parry was quoted as saying words to the effect that 50% of clubs potentially having severe financial difficulty was overblown & no need to get anxious because & clubs would cope.............So there you have it. Apparently don't worry, just put your head in the sand.

It's crazy.

Even if clubs were allowed to lose the amount of money they have lost through loss of tickets, just something to help fhr clubs.

It's like the EFL are willing to allow the smaller clubs to suffer massively just so the bigger clubs like Derby/sheff Weds etc get no help.

Rick Parry is clearly a narcissistic little pratt and I'm sure his mission is to make the gap between the Prem and the Championship as big as possible.

Archived