Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Why do opposition clubs still see us as big spenders in this league?

Good question. I guess because Rooney plays for us and we seem to be making massive losses?

Obviously, being close to it, we know that we're infinitely more prudent than 4-5 years ago. I can't blame those outside the club for not knowing that though.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ramslad1992 said:

So are we the new Leeds?! 

THIS is what I'm getting at. For years, we have rightfully hated Leeds fans for thinking the world is out to get them, can't-do-no-wrong attitude. I'm worried that the moment they've left the league we're taking their place.

18 minutes ago, Duracell said:

THIS is what I'm getting at. For years, we have rightfully hated Leeds fans for thinking the world is out to get them, can't-do-no-wrong attitude. I'm worried that the moment they've left the league we're taking their place.

Leeds will always be hated as they are Dirty Leeds , I don’t hate Forest just pity them ?

separate point i read an article ( think it was a forum ) where a Boro fan was embarrassed at Gibson’s antics at moaning about other clubs saying it’s just to deflect from the fact the he and Boro have wasted 2 lots parachute payments , spent big , blown the money ( Smash the league I think was Gibson’s expression ) and are now in a position where they avoided relegation by the skin of their teeth. Said they would be happier if he concentrated on what Boro were doing more and not others , also mentioned that he appeared to be on the point of meltdown before appointing Colin. 

14 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Good question. I guess because Rooney plays for us and we seem to be making massive losses?

Obviously, being close to it, we know that we're infinitely more prudent than 4-5 years ago. I can't blame those outside the club for not knowing that though.

I don't think we've ever been top 3 for losses in a season have we?

41 minutes ago, Duracell said:

It's basically this, plus lots of stories in papers about the EFL charge plus the drink drive and so on, I think it's all just gradually been building up a perception that we're somehow not "playing fair" -

The whole world of football is completely on its arse, the rules in this country make no sense.

Derby County had 1 year where they went silly and spent loads, the first time properly in my years supporting the Rams where money was no object and we have been punished for it ever since. 

We spent lots, but for all that money, for all that outlay, what have we gained financially? What has been our Ill gotten gains? The answer is zilcho...Mel has continuously covered losses, not allowing the club to fall into the mess like Wigan, Coventry, Sunderland etc (which all happened under the noses of the EFL, in the case of Wigan with the blessing of the EFL).

Meanwhile, at least 2 clubs, QPR and Villa, have beaten us at Wembley having completely disregarded FFP rules. It's like the Premier League is a tax haven for football, if you get there breaking the rules nothing will happen to you, you are safe and will be given millions upon millions. If you chase the dream and fail however, it's time to spend 20 years in a Venezuelan prison.

Mel has invested massively in our academy, at a time where English football was on the decline, our club was investing in young talent, Hendrick, Hughes, Knight, Sibley, Bird etc etc. Our club should be applauded for trying to do things the correct way.

Instead, our club finds itself in a battle over Egos, and that is exactly what this is, this isnt the EFL vs Derby County, this is the EFL vs Mel Morris and we the fans are collateral damage. 

I wish it was so simple as to say balls to football and have done with it.

6 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

I sort of wish the club would just say something. Even if just about timescales.

they have no control over this and would look stupid if they stated something that does not take place.  Patience is a virtue

2 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

Business, especially big business, is full of organisations who find financial grey areas and loopholes.

And whilst this is regarded as dubious, it's allowed & legal until the loopholes are closed

You hope.

9 minutes ago, Spanish said:

they have no control over this and would look stupid if they stated something that does not take place.  Patience is a virtue

It’s holiday season too. That could easily cause a couple of weeks delay.
just chill out everyone. 

3 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Do find it a little bit funny that on the one hand we have a manager we won’t be spending big amounts of money as it’s irresponsible when staff have been furloughed and people are losing jobs, then on the other hand this loan is giving us some sort of advantage rather to help tide us over.

We will be using that borrowed money to pay all the staffs wages whose employment continues, not to mention the deferred wages from last season and the refunds on season tickets last season and this coming season and also all the staggered payments to other clubs that we will owe like Peterborough, Brentford, Huddersfield and Ipswich 

how other clubs are doing that I just don’t know ?

Archived