Test Cricket is Back

sage

10 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Was root the only one who couldn't see the trap they'd set

They're all dipshits.

We'll be all out for 300 at this rate, shocking batting.

Today was like England winning the lottery, then this afternoon setting fire to the cheque.

Edited by Grumpy Git

41 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So it's bazball when we winning and terriball when it all goes a bit crap?

For around an hour in that last session England were playing reckless cricket not aggressive cricket amazingly it took Stokes to come in to calm things down. I enjoy the aggressive intent we play with but for a while it was ridiculous we were slogging at everything 

16 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

For around an hour in that last session England were playing reckless cricket not aggressive cricket amazingly it took Stokes to come in to calm things down. I enjoy the aggressive intent we play with but for a while it was ridiculous we were slogging at everything 

Sums it up. There’s a difference between playing aggressive and just being dumb. 

2 hours ago, Henrycav81 said:

I would agree. Bazball had to se suspended as soon as Lyon went off injured. Then all you have to do is not get out for 10 overs and wait for seam bowlers to tire and part time spinners to come on. 

Roots dismissal

I've watched it several times and on my 55" TV it looks like the ball has hit the ground while Smith gets his fingers beneath at the same time...yes it was reviewed and given out by the 3rd umpire but Christ on a bike even my old eyes still say it hit the ground

image.png.b44a76f5b33322d1e4ced410b1c27849.png

1 minute ago, The Last Post said:

Roots dismissal

I've watched it several times and on my 55" TV it looks like the ball has hit the ground while Smith gets his fingers beneath at the same time...yes it was reviewed and given out by the 3rd umpire but Christ on a bike even my old eyes still say it hit the ground

image.png.b44a76f5b33322d1e4ced410b1c27849.png

I don't think it simply hitting the ground is actually the rule anymore, is it?

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

I don't think it simply hitting the ground is actually the rule anymore, is it?

Your fingers need to be under the ball

Tony Grieg once held a ball in his hand then put his hand on the ground and it looked like the ball had hit the ground on the TV pictures