Live football thread.

Rev

9 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Some u21 coaching record for Carsley - 16 games, 14 wins, 1 defeat - compare that with the dross that Boothroyd served up….

Both great wins at lower age levels from ex-Derby players - Simmo and Carso. #COYR lets get some of Academy in there soon.

53 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Disappointed to see the level of play acting and "simulation" from both teams.

Unfortunately it's ingrained in our football now, Injury time I think England player has a little tussle on the halfway line/touchline, 2 Spanish players involved, England player goes down a boot or 2 are close to the England players face who he then proceeds to hold his face...playback shows no contact 🙄

3 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Unfortunately it's ingrained in our football now, Injury time I think England player has a little tussle on the halfway line/touchline, 2 Spanish players involved, England player goes down a boot or 2 are close to the England players face who he then proceeds to hold his face...playback shows no contact 🙄

That was one of the incidents I was thinking of. Another was cole palmer, Spanish player attempting challenge, flicked his boot, goes down clutching his knee.

Even commo said " disappointing reaction"...

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies if wrong place for this, but I didn’t think it needed it’s own thread;

Wrexham having a moan

Wrexham manager giving it the big ‘un because Mullin has been injured in their pre-season game against Man U. Telling their keeper to “avoid Wrexham”.

Ridiculous mindset, for me if I was rival league 2 teams seeing this I’d be rubbing my hands with glee as it just shows they have no plan outside Mullins. 

10 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

Apologies if wrong place for this, but I didn’t think it needed it’s own thread;

Wrexham having a moan

Wrexham manager giving it the big ‘un because Mullin has been injured in their pre-season game against Man U. Telling their keeper to “avoid Wrexham”.

Ridiculous mindset, for me if I was rival league 2 teams seeing this I’d be rubbing my hands with glee as it just shows they have no plan outside Mullins. 

You're misquoting their manager in the same way the BBC do to extract the most from the incident. After Mullin punctured a lung in a challenge which incensed the Wrexham team, his words actually were that the United keeper "would be best steering clear of us for the time being because we're not very happy", a response which, if such a challenge happened to Didzy last season, we could well have echoed. There was no mention of "avoid Wrexham" as you put it.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

You're misquoting their manager in the same way the BBC do to extract the most from the incident. After Mullin punctured a lung in a challenge which incensed the Wrexham team, his words actually were that the United keeper "would be best steering clear of us for the time being because we're not very happy", a response which, if such a challenge happened to Didzy last season, we could well have echoed. There was no mention of "avoid Wrexham" as you put it.

My bad. Still seems a bit throwing toys out of pram for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Leeds, Leicester and Southampton still have some very good players. All three underachieved last season for several reasons. 

Another thing I heard yesterday which was a big surprise is this season is the first in 20 years that West Brom don’t have any parachute payments. And as a result, they haven’t made any signings this summer.

4 hours ago, Chellaston Ram said:

In a way I’m pleased we didn’t go up as we would probably go straight back down 

With our current restrictions, we've probably got more chance of getting promoted and playing in the championship next season, than staying there if we'd got promoted last season.

Arsenal making a huge deal over winning the Charity Shield. The celebrations were cringy.

And now their players are coming out saying it’s removed the mental block beating City, and now they know they can beat them.

I’m pretty sure they only beat them on penalties after a lucky last-minute deflected equalizer in what is an otherwise glorified friendly. 

It’s like they are trying to convince themselves of something. It’s weird.