Live football thread.

Rev

Yet another appalling VAR decision at the Palace Everton match just now. If that’s a sending off, we may as well not bother tacking anymore.  “The game has gone” as they say (not sure it’s grammatically coherent but there you go). 

36 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Yet another appalling VAR decision at the Palace Everton match just now. If that’s a sending off, we may as well not bother tacking anymore.  “The game has gone” as they say (not sure it’s grammatically coherent but there you go). 

I didn't get that far. Terrible game. VAR wasn't to blame for the awful football on display.

29 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I didn't get that far. Terrible game. VAR wasn't to blame for the awful football on display.

Indeed it was not, but it was to blame for the awful sending off decision (the two things being mutually exclusive after all).. 

I watched Chelsea v Preston second half after watching Newcastle at Sunderland earlier on (both games were on ESPN+ which I get for free). Anyway, the gulf in both games was worrying.

Unless you have a unique playing style and can rough it at home like Luton, or spend £250m upon promotion, the gap between mid table PL and the Championship is enormous. 

I hate what’s happening with modern football - Arsenal playing in all white (at home) versus Liverpool all in purple. There may be a reason I’m not aware  of (perhaps Arsenal accidentally bleached their normal shirts) but at first sight it stinks of corporate decision making to fleece the fans for extra shirt sales…..

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

I hate what’s happening with modern football - Arsenal playing in all white (at home) versus Liverpool all in purple. There may be a reason I’m not aware  of (perhaps Arsenal accidentally bleached their normal shirts) but at first sight it stinks of corporate decision making to fleece the fans for extra shirt sales…..

https://www.arsenal.com/nomorered

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

Well I want to know why Patrick bamford seems to have disguised himself as Fabrizio ravanelli having just seen the clip of him lashing one in v Peterborough......

Does Kai Havertz not like football?

Every time I’ve seen him play it’s like he just doesn’t want to be there. He plays with zero urgency.

Arsenal’s season is slowly slipping away.

Liverpool, meanwhile, could genuinely win 4 trophies this season.

They are favorites for the Carabao Cup, Europa League and the PL IMO. And in a one-off cup game, I’d back them over City who always rotate.

56 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Well I want to know why Patrick bamford seems to have disguised himself as Fabrizio ravanelli having just seen the clip of him lashing one in v Peterborough......

I've literally just seen him on the highlights (no pun intended!)... I don't recall ever seeing Bamford looking more like a Bamford as Bamford does with that Bamford hair-do.  WTB was he thinking!   😲🤮

That kit don't help.  I'm not anti-pink, but that ain't a nice pink, particularly as it's head to toe!  😲🤮v.2

Edited by Mucker1884

12 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I've literally just seen him on the highlights (no pun intended!)... I don't recall ever seeing Bamford looking more like a Bamford as Bamford does with that Bamford hair-do.  WTB was he thinking!   😲🤮

That kit don't help.  I'm not anti-pink, but that ain't a nice pink, particularly as it's head to toe!  😲🤮v.2

Was a particularly nasty shade of salmon pink. Portsmouth used to have a similar strip. Seeing as posh play in Blue White and Blue would have thought they could get away with all white..or that yellow they always have as the 2nd strip.

39 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Does Kai Havertz not like football?

Every time I’ve seen him play it’s like he just doesn’t want to be there. He plays with zero urgency.

Arsenal’s season is slowly slipping away.

Liverpool, meanwhile, could genuinely win 4 trophies this season.

They are favorites for the Carabao Cup, Europa League and the PL IMO. And in a one-off cup game, I’d back them over City who always rotate.

I've never seen him have a good game but today was a real stinker. Too many touches, too much time.

He's had 2 transfers to two top clubs, totalling £120M and has a lorry load of caps for Germany, so somebody must see something but I'll be effed if I can.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Leicester given a really really soft penalty then moments later had a man sent off when it was really just a yellow. Referee had a shocking five minutes. 

Terrible refereeing... its never a penalty, then evens it up by turning a strong yellow into an instant red.