Shinnie

Ellafella

On 07/06/2020 at 14:02, RadioactiveWaste said:

That we can revive some night fever night fever?

But seriously, I like Shinnie - I think he'd have been an star in a Lampard team and he's useful to have in any team in this league. Not a nicey nice player but one who'll do the business in a league still full of teams who've got a bit of nasty in them. That, and the attitude to learn what the manager wants, be able to his qualities with enough of the style to fit the overall plan. I'm sure he's a better player now than he was when we signed him. It was a real shame he got injured when he did because he really was starting to show why we'd signed him.

The only problem for him is going to be getting back in with Bird and Sibley being pushed for as academy products, Holmes and knight being more likely to get the attacking positions and Rooney's "plays if he still has both legs attached" position in the team with Huddz fitting Cocu's style as the controller if Rooney's out. It's no fault on his part he got injured and unfortunate the form pre lockdown was great, but he's just going to have to work hard, get an opportunity and simply make himself indispensable.

If he isn't getting games, I'm sure we'd get a decent fee and he'd be a good player for any number of championship teams, but I hope he forces his into the picture and gets enough game time to be a real part of things.

Shinnie always works extremely hard. He is a good player in the right formation.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/09/2020 at 18:37, Ellafella said:

Absolutely this ^. I also get the impression he’s not “pretty enough” for Cocu but he’s a first pick for me. Totally concur with your observations - it’s a litmus test for me as to Cocu’s judgement. We need Shinnie starting to give us that steel and cutting edge. Without him we are easier to beat. I still can’t fathom what precisely Shinnie had to do to get in Cocu’s 11. Anyone? 

Shinnie is Ngolo Kante on his day off.

9 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

I've just watched the débacle that was our league cup defeat by PNE.

The highlight was Preston's equaliser but also the flawless performance by the bearded magiciam Graham Shinnie.

He was brilliant and will fit well into a more sttled Rams team as the season progresses.

He makes me think that this could be a very exciting season after all!

Interesting, so pleased to hear that because he was so poor against Reading but it looked like lack of sharpness. He looked small, weak and kept getting the ball taken off him.  However, I'm aware he's played better and is known for a great attitude and for his tenacity.  Let's hope he's at it again Saturday.

1 hour ago, Andrew3000 said:

Interesting, so pleased to hear that because he was so poor against Reading but it looked like lack of sharpness. He looked small, weak and kept getting the ball taken off him.  However, I'm aware he's played better and is known for a great attitude and for his tenacity.  Let's hope he's at it again Saturday.

He was definitely better on Tuesday.

Made the goal for us, got stuck in.

I think every championship team needs one player like Shinnie. Tbh, there's more than a few championship managers over the years would've happily fielded 11 shinnie like players in their side.

Sorry, I don’t think he cuts it for Derby.

Think he’s pretty damn average to be fair and hopefully he will be a bit part player for us. Just opinion. He has his uses, but he also has a lot of limitations as well. 

14 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Sorry, I don’t think he cuts it for Derby.

Think he’s pretty damn average to be fair and hopefully he will be a bit part player for us. Just opinion. He has his uses, but he also has a lot of limitations as well. 

I remember similar being said about John Eustace. 

4 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I remember similar being said about John Eustace. 

No comparison for me. One played in midfield all his career. For me, Shinnie is a natural LB made into a midfielder. 

Once others come back in the middle, he will be much more sub than starter

14 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

No comparison for me. One played in midfield all his career. For me, Shinnie is a natural LB made into a midfielder. 

Once others come back in the middle, he will be much more sub than starter

Having watched Shinnie play numerous times pre Derby he is a good technical box to box player and as we saw against PNE has the capabilities. When we have a good back line hopefully Cocu will allow him to roam rather than bolster the defence

On 16/09/2020 at 22:37, Brummie Steve said:

I've just watched the débacle that was our league cup defeat by PNE.

The highlight was Preston's equaliser but also the flawless performance by the bearded magiciam Graham Shinnie.

He was brilliant and will fit well into a more sttled Rams team as the season progresses.

He makes me think that this could be a very exciting season after all!

Weird one for a Shinnie, thought first half he was diabolical. Didn’t get near them, didn’t run forward, didn’t pass forward and along with Evans weak performance allowed them to control the midfield. 

2nd half no idea what was said but he was outstanding and everything he didn’t to first half he certainly did 2nd half

I’m sorry - I just see how he fits well into our midfield. Thought it was a marked improvement in 2nd half when he wasn’t on the pitch.

Im sure he has his use in scrappy horrible battles. When you want to play football though, I just don’t think he gets in it 

Archived