Shinnie

Ellafella

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he's a brilliant asset , wasn't initially in favour under Cocu and both parties admitted this but he's worked hard , the coaching staff have worked hard with him and I think towards the latter stages we started to see the fruits of this . 

10 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I hope our play off push is stayin alive.

That we can revive some night fever night fever?

But seriously, I like Shinnie - I think he'd have been an star in a Lampard team and he's useful to have in any team in this league. Not a nicey nice player but one who'll do the business in a league still full of teams who've got a bit of nasty in them. That, and the attitude to learn what the manager wants, be able to his qualities with enough of the style to fit the overall plan. I'm sure he's a better player now than he was when we signed him. It was a real shame he got injured when he did because he really was starting to show why we'd signed him.

The only problem for him is going to be getting back in with Bird and Sibley being pushed for as academy products, Holmes and knight being more likely to get the attacking positions and Rooney's "plays if he still has both legs attached" position in the team with Huddz fitting Cocu's style as the controller if Rooney's out. It's no fault on his part he got injured and unfortunate the form pre lockdown was great, but he's just going to have to work hard, get an opportunity and simply make himself indispensable.

If he isn't getting games, I'm sure we'd get a decent fee and he'd be a good player for any number of championship teams, but I hope he forces his into the picture and gets enough game time to be a real part of things.

Shinnie's definitely a class act. I've been impressed with his work rate and tackling every time I've watched him in a Rams shirt (and his goal against Wigan was sublime).

It'll be interesting to see who Cocu goes with in midfield when everyone's fit. Rooney and Bird? Rooney and Shinnie? Rooney and Bielik? Play Rooney further forward and play a different pairing deeper? But then that'd mean Holmes/Sibley/Knight missing out... It's a good selection headache to have.

He is typical little in your face 100% hard as nails, no nonsense scot.

Someone you would definitely want next to you in a scrap.  

Allied to that he can play a bit as well and score the odd goal.

Not bad for free one of our more enlightened signing in recent years.

5 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

I think he's a brilliant asset , wasn't initially in favour under Cocu and both parties admitted this but he's worked hard , the coaching staff have worked hard with him and I think towards the latter stages we started to see the fruits of this . 

It’s an interesting list of not in consideration especially last summer - Chris Martin ( enough said)  - Shinnie (before he played) Forsyth ( he surely can’t be as good after 3 knee ligament injuries) Davies - ( too old and fourth choice ) - did I miss anybody and it’s interesting to note all four of those are excellent professionals 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

It’s an interesting list of not in consideration especially last summer - Chris Martin ( enough said)  - Shinnie (before he played) Forsyth ( he surely can’t be as good after 3 knee ligament injuries) Davies - ( too old and fourth choice ) - did I miss anybody and it’s interesting to note all four of those are excellent professionals 

Think you could add Andre Wisdom to that list also.

Archived