Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Can give a good word for The Outfit - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14114802/

A decent story, told well, with Rylance quietly excellent in the role of a master cutter threatened by the mob.  Worth a watch once networked.

We wanted a break from Slow Horses and have spent half an hour this afternoon looking for something we'd not seen and wanted to. I clicked through for this and got all excited until it dawned on me what you had said about it being newtworked.

Cant seem to see it at the cinema or on TV, what gives and do I have to go back to Slow Horses?

BTW, I cannot work myself up into a lather about The Power of the Dog, can anybody convince me otherwise?

25 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

We wanted a break from Slow Horses and have spent half an hour this afternoon looking for something we'd not seen and wanted to. I clicked through for this and got all excited until it dawned on me what you had said about it being newtworked.

Cant seem to see it at the cinema or on TV, what gives and do I have to go back to Slow Horses?

BTW, I cannot work myself up into a lather about The Power of the Dog, can anybody convince me otherwise?

It should be streaming in a month or two. Obviously there are other options involving VPNs and torrent clients if like me, you're impatient.

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

I was underwhelmed by Power of the Dog.

3 hours ago, Wolfie said:

The Adam Project

Sci Fi time travel adventure with Ryan reynolds doing his witty wise-cracking thing

Really enjoyed this. 8.5/10.

If you find Ryan Reynolds annoying, you will hate it though.

My wife adores him. If he'd bought Derby I'd have been fighting to keep her away.

I'm kinda ok with him tbh.

I saw a trailer that had me thinking this was a kids movie, is that not the case?

1 minute ago, Bob The Badger said:

My wife adores him. If he'd bought Derby I'd have been fighting to keep her away.

I'm kinda ok with him tbh.

I saw a trailer that had me thinking this was a kids movie, is that not the case?

Just checked & it's a 12 certificate, so I'd say it's a family friendly film, rather than a kids film. Think 80's Spielberg sort of thing - but with a bit more violence. Some of the Reynolds one-liners will go over kids' heads as well.

I just thought it was the most fun I've had watching a film for quite a while. Plenty of action with enough laughs along the way.

On 17/04/2022 at 18:53, twinkletoes said:

Fantastic beasts - Secrets of Dumbledore - 8/10 excellent best of the three imo.

What did you think of the first 2 films? I really liked the first one, good mix of mystery and fun with the creatures. But I really disliked the second, as they moved away from the fun elements of the creatures and instead focussed on the story which isn’t massively interesting. Would be interested to hear your thoughts as unsure whether to see it at cinema or wait and watch at home!

7 hours ago, Eddie said:

Million Dollar Baby.

This is one of the best films I've ever seen (in my opinion).

No surprise that Hilary Swank, Morgan Freeman and Clint Eastwood picked up Oscars for this splendid film.

I can't remember that much about it other than it was most excellent.

On 23/04/2022 at 12:18, r4derby said:

What did you think of the first 2 films? I really liked the first one, good mix of mystery and fun with the creatures. But I really disliked the second, as they moved away from the fun elements of the creatures and instead focussed on the story which isn’t massively interesting. Would be interested to hear your thoughts as unsure whether to see it at cinema or wait and watch at home!

This third one is 80% overarching storyline but it is very clever and ties up the loose ends from part 2 go see it man you like it !

20 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Sing Street. Lovely film that won't go down as one of the greats, but very enjoyable nonetheless.

Jamie Ward / 10.

Love that film. Seen it many times. First time was in a cinema in Cork . The soundtrack is brilliant through a cinema sound system. Plus I'd watch Lucy Boynton in pretty much anything.