Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

Man Up - 8/10 - Romcom with Simon Pegg. Love the guy, an entertaining movie and amaing how it hasn't become more of a hit. Gross figures were so low, a shame as it's decent.

Tomorrowland ??/10 - I turned it off after about 30 minutes, so not sure. Terribly boring for me.

True Story 7/10 - Seems weird seeing Jonah Hill and James Franco in a mystery thriller, but it was pretty good.

Southpaw 6/10 - Just a typical boxing comeback story. Passes the time well.

The Cokeville Miracle ??/10 - Heard about the event, saw they made a movie about it and it was rated 4/5 on Cuevana. I turned it off after 15 minutes, the acting was so utterly terrible.

Vacation 6/10 - Not an amazing comedy, but Ed Helms puts in another decent performance and it has its moments.

• 3 weeks later...

Hunger games: Mockingjay Part 2:

On a rare date-night we decided to watch this instead of Spectre. Bad decision.

Boring & anti-climactic. Some decent action sequences but for too long, very little happens. I haven't read the books but saw the "twist" coming a mile off.

4/10

Into the woods - Film tying together various childhood stories such as Cinderella, Red riding hood, Jack & the beanstalk etc.

Found out to my cost after about 2 minutes that it is in fact a musical, which was bad enough but it's a musical with James Corden in it. I can't stand him anyway but singing?. Really?.

I was willing to grin & bear it because my wife likes musicals but even she gave up after about 20 minutes. I then read the awful reviews on IMDB and was re-assured that it wasn't just us that thought it was crap.

Don't bother. Really.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23 November 2015 09:33:26, Wolfie said:

Hunger games: Mockingjay Part 2:

On a rare date-night we decided to watch this instead of Spectre. Bad decision.

Boring & anti-climactic. Some decent action sequences but for too long, very little happens. I haven't read the books but saw the "twist" coming a mile off.

4/10

Went this afternoon as my lads wanted to see it. They had both read the books so knew the plot and would probably rate it a 7/8. 

More with you on the not enough action myself, though the sewer scene was worth a few "jumps". Might stretch it to a 5/10.

2 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Went this afternoon as my lads wanted to see it. They had both read the books so knew the plot and would probably rate it a 7/8. 

More with you on the not enough action myself, though the sewer scene was worth a few "jumps". Might stretch it to a 5/10.

There wasn't lots of action in the others either was there?

I've seen the first 3 but not seen this one yet. As a franchise I can take it or leave it but I realise it's not aimed at me. 

There's limited action and lots of moping and love triangle stuff because it's a film that shifts the usual action tropes to be more accommodating for women. It's basically The Running Man for women. And that's great! There's no reason films shouldn't be targeted at women as long as they don't hijack men's fun like the new Ghostbusters film looks like it's trying to do. But it's quite funny that you and Wolfie are saying there wasn't enough action. 

I take it your lads aren't 'lads' in the 'lad culture' sort of way?

6 hours ago, StringerBell said:

I've seen the first 3 but not seen this one yet. As a franchise I can take it or leave it but I realise it's not aimed at me. 

There's limited action and lots of moping and love triangle stuff because it's a film that shifts the usual action tropes to be more accommodating for women. It's basically The Running Man for women. And that's great! There's no reason films shouldn't be targeted at women as long as they don't hijack men's fun like the new Ghostbusters film looks like it's trying to do. But it's quite funny that you and Wolfie are saying there wasn't enough action. 

Suppose it depends on definition of action Stringer, so I'll judge it as less than the other 3.

My under 16's like it having read the books and just discovering testosterone Jennifer Lawrence probably does it for them, like she probably would have done for me 20 years back.

Trying my best not to go get too political on a fun forum, ill leave it at the Feminist agenda often gets on my t*ts.

On 06/12/2015, 01:08:05, StringerBell said:

I realise I'm 25 years too old (and male) to be the target audience for these films but I did enjoy the first 2 films. For me, they shouldn't have split the last book into 2 films. They would then not have both been stretched too thin.

8 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I just got home from seeing Spotlight....what an amazing film.. Wow, really incredible. The story if it wasn't totally true would be completely unbelievable. 

Good cast in that. 

• 3 weeks later...