Peter Whittingham

Kernow

2 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Twitter is the worst for people jumping on the RIP bandwagon for attention, literally nothing confirmed anywhere and people are making memorial videos. I suppose likes are more important than truth.

But as long as their tweets begin "If this is true..." they think they are being respectful!  Twossers!  

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
3 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.  Probably due to ?

Did anybody do well under Brown??

Nope

Since Peter Whittingham is ok, I vote we turn this into a Phil Brown bashing thread.

Brown was probably the most stupid manager I've ever witnessed at Derby. I know he was working under really bad financial restrictions, but many of the decisions he made were just baffling. He inherited Inigo Idiakez as a highly talented attacking midfielder who had scored goals for fun the previous season and chose to deploy him as an anchor man sitting just in front of the back four.

50 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I think all of those who have desperately tried to get ahead of the curve and say 'RIP' on social media are doing so in very poor taste. It's not hard to wait for an official source. If he has died, then it's the family's right to wait to go public.

Got to be first on social media. 

17 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Where’d you get this information from btw?

I don’t want to name names but I live in Cardiff and a mate from work passed the information from someone he knows last week after the accident had happened.

Didn’t mention anything because there had been no confirmation. I only put this thread up because I had seen quite a lot of mention on Twitter, including from ex-teammates of Whittingham so assumed it had been confirmed.

Its definitely not a case of “trying to jump” in first or whatever others have suggested.

8 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I don’t want to name names but I live in Cardiff and a mate from work passed the information from someone he knows last week after the accident had happened.

Didn’t mention anything because there had been no confirmation. I only put this thread up because I had seen quite a lot of mention on Twitter, including from ex-teammates of Whittingham so assumed it had been confirmed.

Its definitely not a case of “trying to jump” in first or whatever others have suggested.

Er,know (the facts). 

1 hour ago, Anon said:

Since Peter Whittingham is ok, I vote we turn this into a Phil Brown bashing thread.

Brown was probably the most stupid manager I've ever witnessed at Derby. I know he was working under really bad financial restrictions, but many of the decisions he made were just baffling. He inherited Inigo Idiakez as a highly talented attacking midfielder who had scored goals for fun the previous season and chose to deploy him as an anchor man sitting just in front of the back four.

Ridiculous.

You'll be telling me we should have stuck Butterfield on the left wing just in case he had a hidden talent........?

madness

Peter Whittingham has been in a coma for a week following a freak accident, according to close friends

Derby County have sent best wishes to former Rams player Peter Whittingham, who is in a "serious condition" in hospital.
The 35-year-old, who spent three months on loan at Derby in 2005, is in hospital 'fighting for his life', according to reports.

Derby posted the following message on Twitter:  "Our thoughts and prayers are with former Derby County loan player, Peter Whittingham. Keep fighting."

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/peter-whittingham-Derby-county-hospital-3961757

Awful news.

He was certainly one of the best players to grace the championship and always made Cardiff look a threat. It's a shame that we never saw his quality at Derby...but then again, Phil Brown was playing him at left-back.

11 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

Awful news.

He was certainly one of the best players to grace the championship and always made Cardiff look a threat. It's a shame that we never saw his quality at Derby...but then again, Phil Brown was playing him at left-back.

Is Phil Brown up there with the worst Rams managers of all time?  Even taking in mitigating circumstances?

Archived