Coronavirus

1of4

Just now, TexasRam said:

Schools, grassroots football, back in the stadium watching the rams, festivals, gigs, watching live cricket, pubs, restaurants, gyms and holidays where ever you want in the world, will do me for a start ?......once the vulnerable have been vaccinated no reason not to do any of the above. 

watching live cricket ? you must be mad, I'd rather have coronavirus. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Schools, grassroots football, back in the stadium watching the rams, festivals, gigs, watching live cricket, pubs, restaurants, gyms and holidays where ever you want in the world, will do me for a start ?......once the vulnerable have been vaccinated no reason not to do any of the above. 

Nice list, just think a year ago people would think you were mad having a wish list like that for opening.

Unfortunately autumn for all them is the best you can hope for.

Just now, BIllyD said:

Unfortunately autumn for all them is the best you can hope for

That’ll do me, summer would be great but if you could promise I can do all that in autumn I’d *snap your hands off (*hypothetically of course) 

5 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Nice list, just think a year ago people would think you were mad having a wish list like that for opening.

Unfortunately autumn for all them is the best you can hope for.

I reckon most will be before.  I'm hoping to enjoy a beer in springtime.

15 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

That’ll do me, summer would be great but if you could promise I can do all that in autumn I’d *snap your hands off (*hypothetically of course) 

I wouldn't take anything I say as being right, I thought this would have all been over last summer ?

5 minutes ago, Rev said:

Probably best to make this the last one to open, all those people in close contact won't help matters.

2 or 3 years should do it!

We’ll be fine in league 1 next season, loads of space in the stadium 

5 hours ago, Uptherams said:

Danish study on masks conclusion was no statistical difference in wearing  and not wearing masks. '1st wave' when we didn't wear masks, was a less deadly period than in recent months when people wear forced to wear masks. 

Gyms didn't have people wearing masks. Sub 1% of cases linked to gyms. 

All the measures have next to no impact whatsoever. We are merely rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Classic case of the arrogance of mankind. 

People have had almost a year to improve their health and lifestyle and the average person is still relying upon masks, social distancing, vigorous cleaning and vaccinations to save them. Watching that unfold has been frustrating. The health of our nation was already dire and we are speeding up down that road. 

The whole point about wearing masks is not to protect the wearer but to protect others from the wearer IF the wearer was infected.

19 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The whole point about wearing masks is not to protect the wearer but to protect others from the wearer IF the wearer was infected.

Why would the study which tracked about 10 other viruses too, including the Flu, conclude it was statistically insignificant to wear a mask then? 

You don't even realise what you are saying, because you don't want to face reality. 

1 minute ago, Uptherams said:

Why would the study which tracked about 10 other viruses too, including the Flu, conclude it was statistically insignificant to wear a mask then? 

You don't even realise what you are saying, because you don't want to face reality. 

So do you think everyone in an operating theatre wears a mask because the patient has smelly feet?

10 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Is it the Danmask-19 trial you are referring to? 

25 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

They don't wear masks because of breathing. Think about it. 

"Surgeons and nurses performing clean surgery wear disposable face masks. The purpose of face masks is two-fold: to prevent the passage of germs from the surgeon's nose and mouth into the patient's wound and to protect the surgeon's face from sprays and splashes from the patient."

5 hours ago, 1of4 said:

While we  are doing very well in the number of vaccination carried out, many other countries are nowhere near our level.

We are also told that, if more people become infected there is a likelihood of another variant of the virus developing. So if the Kent variant is easier to catch wouldn't you do all you could to avoid coming into contact with it, just in case it morphed into a new and more virulent strain ?

Close the borders forever then?

This risk is always there isn’t it so what’s the solution?

We (Our cabinet) have said for a year vaccines are our way out of this and now they’re not?

Archived