Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Archied said:

So the links you posted are are your thoughts ?or instruction on what all our thoughts should be on it ? event 201 I posted link was to its own official info not what anybody is telling us we should make of it , disease x appears to be being pushed now as the next thing that’s coming ??‍♂️

Event 201 I read the stuff about it, and it seemed to be a pandemic simulation exercise. Really interesting in that it uncovered a very grim worst case scenario and published a lot of recommendations. Most of which, had the major governments listened and acted, would have left us in a much better place right now.

Disease X is just a name for a theoretical future pandemic isnt it?

I got the impression you were posting these in a "wake up sheeple" kinda way, but I'm not seeing whatever it is you're making of it

Received my invite to have the vaccine today.

This is left over Pfizer vaccine going to hospital staff because of very small numbers of people not attending. Both our losses.

Will let you guys know if I start receiving emails from Bill Gates beamed directly into my brain.

25 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

Captain Sir Tom  has been admitted to hospital with Coronavirus,I am sure that many of our members will want to wish this hero a speedy recovery.

Yeah, very unfortunate that he had pneumonia so he couldn't receive the vaccine. Not looking great. 

5 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Thought this was quite interest.

Anyone remember anything major happening in 2015?

IMG-20210130-WA0013.jpg

I thnk it was 2015 that saw circa 50k excess deaths as a result of flu.

1 hour ago, Sith Happens said:

I thnk it was 2015 that saw circa 50k excess deaths as a result of flu.

Yeah having just checked I found an article that says 44,000 excess winter flu deaths.

That is just flu season as well, not a whole calendar year.

So deaths probably in line with Covid deaths this winter.

Obviously there is the argument that Covid deaths would have been much higher without lockdown. 

I don't remember anything about lockdowns or the NHS being overwhelmed back in 2015 though.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yeah having just checked I found an article that says 44,000 excess winter flu deaths.

Obviously there is the argument that Covid deaths would have been much higher without lockdown. 

I don't remember anything about lockdowns or the NHS being overwhelmed back in 2015 though.

I think there are stories every year. About people with flu in corridors and so on.

How anecdotal they are i dont know.

18 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Come on you knew the answer before you posted, even I predicted where this one was going ?

6 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Come on you knew the answer before you posted, even I predicted where this one was going ?

I actually didn't. 

I thought 2018 was our bad flu season.

I'm pretty sure that I had read that we had 60,000 flu deaths in that year and when I posted that on here it was challenged. When I further looked into that it said we only have circa 18,000 flu deaths per year (from memory).

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I actually didn't. 

I thought 2018 was our bad flu season.

I'm pretty sure that I had read that we had 60,000 flu deaths in that year and when I posted that on here it was challenged. When I further looked into that it said we only have circa 18,000 flu deaths per year (from memory).

Fair enough. I'll have a search through my history but I can remember a discussion around this year and why it was high.

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

https://fullfact.org/health/coronavirus-compare-influenza/

At the time of writing this article in March, Public Health England told Full Fact it estimated that on average 17,000 people have died from the flu in England annually between 2014/15 and 2018/19 -  with the yearly deaths varying widely from a high of 28,330 in 2014/15 to a low of 1,692 in 2018/19. 

Is the 44,000 from your article not the total excess winter deaths for the entire year?

22 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

https://fullfact.org/health/coronavirus-compare-influenza/

At the time of writing this article in March, Public Health England told Full Fact it estimated that on average 17,000 people have died from the flu in England annually between 2014/15 and 2018/19 -  with the yearly deaths varying widely from a high of 28,330 in 2014/15 to a low of 1,692 in 2018/19. 

Is the 44,000 from your article not the total excess winter deaths for the entire year?

Yes I think you're right.

Wonder what caused all of the other deaths then?

8 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Received my invite to have the vaccine today.

This is left over Pfizer vaccine going to hospital staff because of very small numbers of people not attending. Both our losses.

Will let you guys know if I start receiving emails from Bill Gates beamed directly into my brain.

I'm having my chip inserted on Wednesday this week.

What is it with people? My Mother in law is in the over 70's group. My wife has been saying to her 'have you heard' again and again about the vaccine.

No, not heard....

She goes yesterday and asks again 'have you heard?'....

Response is 'yes got a letter but i dont need to do anything'....my wife reads the letter and it says she is invited to make an appointment but 'IF' we dont hear from you your GP will contact you in the next 14 days.

So all her friends who have had the same letter took this to mean 'DONT' do anything, your GP will contact you and sort it, cause of course the GP has nothing better to do.

Despite my wife constantly asking 'have you heard'...

bloody nuisances....appointment now booked.

27 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

What is it with people? My Mother in law is in the over 70's group. My wife has been saying to her 'have you heard' again and again about the vaccine.

No, not heard....

She goes yesterday and asks again 'have you heard?'....

Response is 'yes got a letter but i dont need to do anything'....my wife reads the letter and it says she is invited to make an appointment but 'IF' we dont hear from you your GP will contact you in the next 14 days.

So all her friends who have had the same letter took this to mean 'DONT' do anything, your GP will contact you and sort it, cause of course the GP has nothing better to do.

Despite my wife constantly asking 'have you heard'...

bloody nuisances....appointment now booked.

I think your chances of getting a local jab centre are better if you wait for the GP - not saying you should, but maybe for those who can't drive etc. My dad made an appointment online when he got the letter last week and the closest place he could get was Derby Arena (they live near Chesterfield). My mum got the letter the next day & then a phone call from the GP later the same day, and got a spot a few minutes away at a Hotel in Chesterfield.

As it was, my folks treated the trip to Derby as a day out & enjoyed it. Something they obviously hadn't done for ages.

14 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I think your chances of getting a local jab centre are better if you wait for the GP - not saying you should, but maybe for those who can't drive etc. My dad made an appointment online when he got the letter last week and the closest place he could get was Derby Arena (they live near Chesterfield). My mum got the letter the next day & then a phone call from the GP later the same day, and got a spot a few minutes away at a Hotel in Chesterfield.

As it was, my folks treated the trip to Derby as a day out & enjoyed it. Something they obviously hadn't done for ages.

If only it was that, she lives in Alfreton and booking online they got it at Pinxton. Apparantly waiting for the GP they are being sent to clay cross which is further.

Just blooming annoying when my wife has been asking her, and saying ring me as soon as you hear only for the letter to be shoved in a drawer and wouldnt have been mentioned if my wife hadnt asked again.

My wife is taking her hence the reason for keep asking.

16 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

If only it was that, she lives in Alfreton and booking online they got it at Pinxton. Apparantly waiting for the GP they are being sent to clay cross which is further.

Just blooming annoying when my wife has been asking her, and saying ring me as soon as you hear only for the letter to be shoved in a drawer and wouldnt have been mentioned if my wife hadnt asked again.

My wife is taking her hence the reason for keep asking.

Some people who should be taking this disease more seriously aren't really that interested. Whenever I have to go to the shops, it's old couples wandering round the aisles having a browse I see most often. No reason they need to go together and no reason to walk up and down every lane. But it's them that are the most at risk.

My parents are the same. Mid to late seventies and they think because they wear masks and try to social distance, they don't need to worry about it. Out to the shops most days - although they don't need anything (just bored really). Both have health issues and should be avoiding going out as much as they can.

Archived