Coronavirus

1of4

29 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

This website looks like a great tool to reduce the circular arguments on this website about Covid/Lockdowns etc.  Here is the link and it's intro below...

https://www.covidfaq.co

"Anti-Virus: The Covid-19 FAQ

What is Anti-Virus?

The Covid-19 pandemic has brought with it an avalanche of misinformation. A number of myths have persisted that suggest Covid isn't particularly dangerous, or that governments shouldn't try to contain the virus with lockdowns and other distancing measures.

We call the people who promulgate these myths even after they have been disproved "Covid Sceptics". This isn't to say that they're necessarily sceptical of the existence of the coronavirus - but they are often sceptical about its effects. Some have claimed that the number of infections is much lower than it really has been, or that health systems were under less strain than they really were, or that the fatality rate and number of deaths were lower than they have been in reality. Some have been sceptical that a population-wide policy response to this virus is needed. Some Covid Sceptics have tended to promote one or two of the common myths; some have promoted them all.

"Sceptics" might be seen as a flattering term: scepticism is often a good thing. But as we detail below, many of the people featured here have made persistently inaccurate forecasts, repeated long-disproven claims, or engaged in faulty reasoning. Indeed, those we discuss have arguably not been sceptical enough about the claims of alternative "experts" who have underestimated the risks of Covid.

The arguments made by Covid Sceptics are frequently misleading, misconceived, or based on misunderstandings of the evidence. We believe these mistaken arguments are often dangerous, since they might lead people—or entire countries—to take fewer precautions against this deadly virus.

This website is dedicated to debunking common Covid Sceptic arguments, and highlighting the track record of some of the most influential and consistently-wrong Covid Sceptics. We mostly focus on UK-based people, since most of this site's creators are UK-based as well. We hope you'll link to our site whenever you see these common arguments appear."

Is it left wing or right wing site ? I’ve lost track , really never thought I would see the day when far right would be fighting to protect liberty and freedoms , who knew??‍♂️
so who is producing this site/page ? 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

This website looks like a great tool to reduce the circular arguments on this website about Covid/Lockdowns etc.  Here is the link and it's intro below...

https://www.covidfaq.co

"Anti-Virus: The Covid-19 FAQ

What is Anti-Virus?

The Covid-19 pandemic has brought with it an avalanche of misinformation. A number of myths have persisted that suggest Covid isn't particularly dangerous, or that governments shouldn't try to contain the virus with lockdowns and other distancing measures.

We call the people who promulgate these myths even after they have been disproved "Covid Sceptics". This isn't to say that they're necessarily sceptical of the existence of the coronavirus - but they are often sceptical about its effects. Some have claimed that the number of infections is much lower than it really has been, or that health systems were under less strain than they really were, or that the fatality rate and number of deaths were lower than they have been in reality. Some have been sceptical that a population-wide policy response to this virus is needed. Some Covid Sceptics have tended to promote one or two of the common myths; some have promoted them all.

"Sceptics" might be seen as a flattering term: scepticism is often a good thing. But as we detail below, many of the people featured here have made persistently inaccurate forecasts, repeated long-disproven claims, or engaged in faulty reasoning. Indeed, those we discuss have arguably not been sceptical enough about the claims of alternative "experts" who have underestimated the risks of Covid.

The arguments made by Covid Sceptics are frequently misleading, misconceived, or based on misunderstandings of the evidence. We believe these mistaken arguments are often dangerous, since they might lead people—or entire countries—to take fewer precautions against this deadly virus.

This website is dedicated to debunking common Covid Sceptic arguments, and highlighting the track record of some of the most influential and consistently-wrong Covid Sceptics. We mostly focus on UK-based people, since most of this site's creators are UK-based as well. We hope you'll link to our site whenever you see these common arguments appear."

So had a look , not seeing anybody more qualified on there to give they’re opinion than anybody on here , 

pretty much a site doing the same as those you have a real problem with , just gives opinions and then links to stuff they feel supports they’re view just another polarised site of no more value than the stuff comming from the other point of view ??‍♂️

18 minutes ago, Archied said:

So had a look , not seeing anybody more qualified on there to give they’re opinion than anybody on here , 

pretty much a site doing the same as those you have a real problem with , just gives opinions and then links to stuff they feel supports they’re view just another polarised site of no more value than the stuff comming from the other point of view ??‍♂️

"Q. Why should I listen to you?

A. All of our arguments link to credible, peer-reviewed literature where relevant. Don't take our word for anything – follow the links, read the evidence cited on both sides, and decide for yourself."

I'd be happy to read any peer-reviewed literature that supported your opinions.

4 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

"Q. Why should I listen to you?

A. All of our arguments link to credible, peer-reviewed literature where relevant. Don't take our word for anything – follow the links, read the evidence cited on both sides, and decide for yourself."

I'd be happy to read any peer-reviewed literature that supported your opinions.

So what was your view on event 201 and disease x

42 minutes ago, Archied said:

Is it left wing or right wing site ? I’ve lost track , really never thought I would see the day when far right would be fighting to protect liberty and freedoms , who knew??‍♂️
so who is producing this site/page ? 

Think you are getting your extremists confused. The Great Barrington Declaration was promoted by an economically right wing think tank. Much of the mainstream anti-lockdown opinions have been from Toby Young in the economically right wing Daily Telegraph.

If we ignore both far right and far left opinion, most mainstream opinion has been accepting of the needs for lockdowns.

These things that Toby Young has said over the last year are the very definition of not aged well. People like him have blood on their hands.

https://www.covidfaq.co/Toby-Young-2d61c0743c00434aa321c451cec19915

4 minutes ago, Archied said:

I asked your opinion on them the other day , you ignored , takes seconds to google 

https://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/about

Not heard of that, looks great. Thanks for sharing. Apologies I missed this.

I've read through the recommendations and agree with all of them.

The main theme seems to be planning and preparation to ensure economic activity can continue when the world is next faced with a similar threat.

Unfortunately, we were totally unprepared for Covid in Western Europe and the US. Our repeated lockdowns have been necessary to mitigate against both a lack of planning from before the pandemic and poor decisions during.

Back in the Spring I remember reading comments from an official from Singapore who could not understand why the UK had rolled back it's pandemic planning over the last decade or so. Singapore had copied our pandemic planning about 20 years ago, and put it to good effect for Covid.

16 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Think you are getting your extremists confused. The Great Barrington Declaration was promoted by an economically right wing think tank. Much of the mainstream anti-lockdown opinions have been from Toby Young in the economically right wing Daily Telegraph.

If we ignore both far right and far left opinion, most mainstream opinion has been accepting of the needs for lockdowns.

These things that Toby Young has said over the last year are the very definition of not aged well. People like him have blood on their hands.

https://www.covidfaq.co/Toby-Young-2d61c0743c00434aa321c451cec19915

There you go again with extreme accusations, do the people you agree with have blood on they’re hands for every suicide or death as a result of lockdowns , I’m sure the families of those touched by it will ,

you and a few others are the ones that have needed to put a right wing v left wing label on everything, your a bit of a throw back to the McCarthy days in reverse 

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

There you go again with extreme accusations, do the people you agree with have blood on they’re hands for every suicide or death as a result of lockdowns , I’m sure the families of those touched by it will ,

you and a few others are the ones that have needed to put a right wing v left wing label on everything, your a bit of a throw back to the McCarthy days in reverse 

He's full of extreme views. Don't know if it's a far-left or far-right view, but he even thinks we can make the play-offs. 

9 minutes ago, Archied said:

https://www.ecohealthalliance.org/2018/03/disease-x

just google more ,,, then wonder why some don’t see this comming to and end anytime soon , all the noises were keep locking down the vaccines are coming to give you your lives back ,well we are seeing the goalpost moving on that one

Looks like a good idea to help prevent future pandemics.

5 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Not heard of that, looks great. Thanks for sharing. Apologies I missed this.

I've read through the recommendations and agree with all of them.

The main theme seems to be planning and preparation to ensure economic activity can continue when the world is next faced with a similar threat.

Unfortunately, we were totally unprepared for Covid in Western Europe and the US. Our repeated lockdowns have been necessary to mitigate against both a lack of planning from before the pandemic and poor decisions during.

Back in the Spring I remember reading comments from an official from Singapore who could not understand why the UK had rolled back it's pandemic planning over the last decade or so. Singapore had copied our pandemic planning about 20 years ago, and put it to good effect for Covid.

And event 201? I take it 

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

It's not about deciding which opinion sways you the most, like should we have high or low taxes, where there is multiple expert opinion on both sides.

It's a huge body of peer reviewed scientific opinion vs a few individuals for whom it's financial advantageous to promote their own alternative view.

Using a mainstream profile to popularise dangerous and unsubstianated fringe positions has helped contribute to the breaking of rules, designed to keep us safe.

Just now, Archied said:

Or prepping us in advance for where we are now to be the norm

Ah, I understand now! I thought you were putting forward those sites as examples of places that agree with you. You are actually saying that we should be scared and worried about pandemic preparation and prevention! Wow!

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

It's not about deciding which opinion sways you the most, like should we have high or low taxes, where there is multiple expert opinion on both sides.

It's a huge body of peer reviewed scientific opinion vs a few individuals for whom it's financial advantageous to promote their own alternative view.

Using a mainstream profile to popularise dangerous and unsubstianated fringe positions has helped contribute to the breaking of rules, designed to keep us safe.

Yep no financial conflict of interest in the official narrative,

anyway enough , your just as closed minded as those with extreme views on the other side of the debate , a debate that has so many complex opposing and interlinked issues that only a fool would be so arrogant to find such certainty in one side or the other, let alone throw out the kind of blood on they’re hands rubbish you are throwing

8 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Ah, I understand now! I thought you were putting forward those sites as examples of places that agree with you. You are actually saying that we should be scared and worried about pandemic preparation and prevention! Wow!

Event 201 and the timing of it? 

the source of this back and forth was my stated belief that we are not going to be returning to any kind of normal as a poster stated we would in about a year 

Archived