Coronavirus

1of4

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

This is making me laugh telling kids not go near each other. But I am sorry but kids drive there mum and dads asking they want to go out.

Parents need to be stronger and let the kids know what is happening and tell them why they are not allowed out, either that or smack the brats arse.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

But for me all these measures all these things make uk public sticking two fingers up at the goverment.

I understand that they bring these measures into place but like my uncles he is in his 70s and had bad heart but he says how on earth is he going to stay in and he has go shopping.

Him saying this will make panic buy me and leave all food selfs empty.

What is the alternative though? Go about our business as usual and just let it get through the population and wipe a few hundred thousand off the population?

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

But for me all these measures all these things make uk public sticking two fingers up at the goverment.

I understand that they bring these measures into place but like my uncles he is in his 70s and had bad heart but he says how on earth is he going to stay in and he has go shopping.

Him saying this will make panic buy me and leave all food selfs empty.

Plenty of food to go around mate no need to panic buy. As for sticking two fingers up it's hard to do that from a hospital bed. Not worth the risk.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Parents need to be stronger and let the kids know what is happening and tell them why they are not allowed out, either that or smack the brats arse.

They do need to be stronger, I am sure lots are already. Its those that seem to think their kids are other peoples responsibility that are the worry.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

There not allowed to do that they can be arrested for that mate.

I dont think anyone is being arrested yet, but it might come to that if people can't be sensible.

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

You're not allowed to smack kids anymore they phone Esther Rantzen and grass you up. 

4 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

You're not allowed to smack kids anymore they phone Esther Rantzen and grass you up. 

Those of us who remember Esther in her pomp will also recall her sidekick-in-the-corner... Cyril, if memory serves?  Now he had a face like a slapped ar5e!  Just sayin'

33 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Second day of self isolation and already have cabin fever.

Been through all the cupboards in the house looking for unfinished crossword puzzle books. Next is going into the attic looking for all the old books stored up there. I know there's  a few  Jules Verne books up there that I've not read for a long time, which should keep me occupied for a while.

I tried reading one of his once, but it was a bit deep for my liking.

As the UK follow Italy and Spain down the same road in combating the spread of the virus. Why don't the government just bring in the same movement restrictions now being deployed by Italy, rather than delaying doing so for another two weeks.

12 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

As the UK follow Italy and Spain down the same road in combating the spread of the virus. Why don't the government just bring in the same movement restrictions now being deployed by Italy, rather than delaying doing so for another two weeks.

You would hope that that is what they will do, and the sooner the better. However judging by some people's comments on here I don't think it would go down very well.

20 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

@Bob The Badger I’m glad you’re down in Florida rather than New York. It seems to be sweeping through the city/state incredibly fast now - 23k confirmed cases (doubled in one day) and almost as high as the whole of Germany!

Yeh I know mate, it's reminiscent of areas in Italy.

On the one hand I'm lucky cuz I work from home anyway, so the isolation is water off a duck's back.

But being married to a doctor kinds negates all that especially as she declined to kip on an air mattress in the garage. Which I thought was rather selfish of her tbh.

Archived