Coronavirus

1of4

31 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Same question - what's the agenda being driven and why? I don't get it.

Well for starters, today I sat and listened at work while various team leaders told everyone what they were doing. 

Weirdly every single one is understaffed, way too busy and heroically multi tasking to get the job done. I wondered how many would say 'easy' if they were warned a deluge of work was coming their way and how many would say the staff couldn't cope, they needed extra staff/funding etc. 

If they were asked 'is everything ready for this deluge, we are being inspected soon and thousands of lives are in your hands'... How many would not start fretting and coming up with reasons why they will struggle. 

Human nature from the science end that we are potentially being very conservative... Obviously the Conservative government are seeing something convincing them... I don't have any idea if its reasonable or not. I really would hope so. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I think stats showing 'we are so very busy we need to cancel operations' are very unconvincing. 

1) The NHS have always cancelled appointments (I know of a few occasions from personal experience!). 

Not on the scale we have seen and are continuing to see. 

2) Maybe they are just cancelling operations pre-emptively to be ready for this 2nd wave that's supposedly coming. So in fact the two arguments are just self-fulfilling, each other. 

No they are are trying to catch up on the massive backlog they already have. They wont start turning people away if they don’t have to. The NHS has spent a lot of time preparing and planning for this second wave. The first wave was unexpected. 

4) Maybe the real issue is huge numbers of staff are self isolating, eg due to being near someone with mild symptoms who has tested positive. But instead of going for a test and quickly coming back to work, because they have no symptoms they are being told not to have a test but merely self isolate for 2 weeks etc. 

Doctors are working if they have had a clear test result back. The majority of doctors and nurses now have quick access to testing facilities. 

I realise these are the type of unprovable musings that conspiracy theorists always rely on....but I don't feel 100% confident at all that figures arent being manipulated to drive an agenda that MAY be very misguided. 

The NHS do not want to turn people away. They have to though if they cannot cope with demand. 

23 minutes ago, Archied said:

Jeez Steve , what people are doing here is actually asking that question and bloody rightly so , ropey numbers from day one , absolutely make no sense regulations and actions including policy that would obviously be drastic for people in care homes, the total attack on anybody putting a different view or daring to ask questions ,

I'm not attacking anyone for asking the question

I'm asking the same question! It's OK if you don't have the answer. "I don't know" is an answer in itself

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Strange that the people that have spent the last year telling us Boris is a professional liar, and should not be trusted under any circumstances, now complain that we dont trust him

Same - I think you'll find that neither of us trust him.

I'm just asking what you think the narrative is about.

What I'm taking from this is that neither of you know what is going on, but you are massively convinced that it's something. You just dont know what it is.

OK - good luck burning through your mental energy on that one

11 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

I'm not attacking anyone for asking the question

I'm asking the same question! It's OK if you don't have the answer. "I don't know" is an answer in itself

Same - I think you'll find that neither of us trust him.

I'm just asking what you think the narrative is about.

What I'm taking from this is that neither of you know what is going on, but you are massively convinced that it's something. You just dont know what it is.

OK - good luck burning through your mental energy on that one

Perhaps he just wasnt more disaster on his watch.

Afterall, most of the harm from more lockdowns is going to be passed on to future generations. 

59 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Perhaps he just wasnt more disaster on his watch.

Afterall, most of the harm from more lockdowns is going to be passed on to future generations. 

What about almost every other government in the world? Do they all want more disaster? China, Australia, Germany, Spain, Italy, Greece - they are doing the same things. 

33 minutes ago, Archied said:

Yea nothing sus about that?

I don't think there is. 

Either there's a dangerous virus doing the rounds - and the vast majority of experts think we need to reduce transmission to suppress - or there's an ulterior motive driving every country's government to cover up the real reasons for the counter virus measures. 

The only reasons I've read are because 5G causes a biological agent (seems unlikely, to say the least) or masks cause submission amongst the public (I guess that explains the lack of any surgeon's general strike ever). 

If it means all world governments working together to damage every world economy, I reckon our alien overlords are in control of all governments, and are preparing for invasion, presumably to kill us all. 

It's as plausible a reason as any I've heard so far. 

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

What about almost every other government in the world? Do they all want more disaster? China, Australia, Germany, Spain, Italy, Greece - they are doing the same things. 

Thought China were fully re-open for business?

Australia? They have everything under control and are living a completely normal life...read it on here.

In all seriousness though, yes everything points to it being accepted worldwide that it is a deadly virus.

Just makes it even more strange that our Government are using blatant lies to justify another lockdown and cannot seem to offer any response to any opposing view.

28 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I don't think there is. 

Either there's a dangerous virus doing the rounds - and the vast majority of experts think we need to reduce transmission to suppress - or there's an ulterior motive driving every country's government to cover up the real reasons for the counter virus measures. 

The only reasons I've read are because 5G causes a biological agent (seems unlikely, to say the least) or masks cause submission amongst the public (I guess that explains the lack of any surgeon's general strike ever). 

If it means all world governments working together to damage every world economy, I reckon our alien overlords are in control of all governments, and are preparing for invasion, presumably to kill us all. 

The reason I've heard given by right wing conspiracists (mainly American) is that it is part of a transition to a new world order run by the UN and the WHO to have a global state with the supresion of the Middle and upper Middle Classes and a sort of extreme communist state where there is the super elite and then the poor with no say in anything. I don't believe that baalocks but inadvertently some of the unintended consequences may slightly lead that way, for instance Bezos the CEO of Amazon and big corporations benefiting whilst small and medium sized businesses suffer greatly from the artificial monopolies government's create through corona intervention. Can see why people who have been screwed over by restrictions and want to blame something and create an enemy would start to believe all sorts. 

Is it possible that part of the reason elective surgery is not being undertaken by NHS hospitals is due to private healthcare providers picking up the slack?

Since Covid struck, they've been on government contracts to provide NHS care to the tune of £90m+ per month, contracts which have recently been extended until March. 

I work in a firm of eleven, and recently two different people have had care provided by two different private contractor's under the NHS system.

6 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Is it possible that part of the reason elective surgery is not being undertaken by NHS hospitals is due to private healthcare providers picking up the slack?

Since Covid struck, they've been on government contracts to provide NHS care to the tune of £90m+ per month, contracts which have recently been extended until March. 

I work in a firm of eleven, and recently two different people have had care provided by two different private contractor's under the NHS system.

Elective surgery is currently taking place in lots of NHS hospitals.

The private hospitals are being used to reduce backlog and provide various supporting roles to the nhs. 

I don't think there is. 

You just haven't listened to enough Talk Radio - there is loads more to it than that.

We just don't know what it is 

12 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

You just haven't listened to enough Talk Radio - there is loads more to it than that.

We just don't know what it is 

I see Talk Radio listeners have overtaken Daily Mail readers at the top of the list of people that you look down your nose at...

I don't think there is. 

Could be a dangerous virus that’s also being used as a vehicle too, no your right power and money has not been the one driving force for our species since time began ?,governments most definitely don’t dance to the tune of established power and money?,,, 

Archived