Coronavirus

1of4

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Fair points. I do think though the impact they have on social distancing makes them less effective though. 

This is the one thing that continually exasperates me. Why on earth does it have to boil down to being an 'either/or' situation? Why should it have any effect on social distancing?

I wear hearing aids and spectacles (so my ears are already full), yet on the few occasions I have cause to go out (5 or 6 times in 6 months) I wear a mask, sanitise and maintain social distancing at all times. My glasses fog up if I don't have them positioned just right, I cannot lip-read (because there are no lips to see) - is it too much for me to expect others to do so?

Surely we should all be doing whatever we can whenever we can. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Fair points. I do think though the impact they have on social distancing makes them less effective though. 

It's sad. It would appear that masks are effective, and social distancing is effective, so together they should be doubly effective. But the habits of our population are such that we aren't prepared to follow instruction and do it right, so we negatively impact the potential effectiveness. 

I do think the lack of any obvious consequence of not following the rules (or lets say minimal enforcement) does nothing to encourage people to adhere to the mask-plus-distancing instructions.

10 minutes ago, Andicis said:

There was a peer-reviewed scientifc journal arcticle posted a couple of weeks back that said masks are shown to lessen the viral load (both inwards and outwards), and therefore make it easier for your immune system to fight the infection. The overwhelming evidence showed level of viral load at diagnosis was the key mortality indicator.

I'll keep wearing a mask thanks, and so should everyone else

26 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-54546058

The Metropolitan Police has said it is taking no further action against an MP who travelled by train from London to Glasgow after testing positive for coronavirus.

Due to a technicality it seems.

Technicality of her not being an ordinary member of the public?

2 hours ago, Monty said:

image.png.68df60a367577296d3e890d557dea6e8.png

erewash area 

source google maps

borrowash looks to be just inside it you’ll have to ask them who they pay council tax to! ?

Thanks, all sorted. Outside beer gardens it is and I've booked a hotel rather than stay at his. I think that keeps it reasonably legal now

14 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Technicality of her accidentally leaving behind a briefcase of used bank notes in the interrogation room?

How could you possibly suggest such a thing?!!!.............No English person is foolish enough to accept Scottish bank notes, impossible to spend! 

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Nearly 19k positive tests today. Consistently rising still. 

Deaths and hospitalisations? You can have as many cases as you want (or positive tests) but if the others aren’t moving expedientially then we are protecting against nothing.  

Archived