Coronavirus

1of4

3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Really want to go to Cadiz and not thought about going to Jerez. Wanna go back to Seville again too as it was my favourite of the 3.

Also want to go Madrid and Toledo too though, and the Basque region.  So many places to visit!

when we get through this you should go, remember to drop me a line and I will give you a few recommendations.. I certainly wont get to see the whole country given I struggle to leave the near area because it is great.  We go to Seville probably 4 times each year Granada twice Cordoba (my least favourite) once every 2 years.  Jerez , Sanlucar, Zahara, Chipiona, Malaga,  and a few random villages on other ocassions

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Really want to go to Cadiz and not thought about going to Jerez. Wanna go back to Seville again too as it was my favourite of the 3.

Also want to go Madrid and Toledo too though, and the Basque region.  So many places to visit!

Rick Stein did a show from there on this weekend break series, worth a view if you haven't seen it

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

when we get through this you should go, remember to drop me a line and I will give you a few recommendations.. I certainly wont get to see the whole country given I struggle to leave the near area because it is great.  We go to Seville probably 4 times each year Granada twice Cordoba (my least favourite) once every 2 years.  Jerez , Sanlucar, Zahara, Chipiona, Malaga,  and a few random villages on other ocassions

Will do. One of the small places we stopped in was Priego de Cordoba. Beautiful!

Also went up mountains to Trevelez and had some fresh ham there. Beautiful!

Just now, ariotofmyown said:

Will do. One of the small places we stopped in was Priego de Cordoba. Beautiful!

Also went up mountains to Trevelez and had some fresh ham there. Beautiful!

gosh Trevelez is out of the way.  Yep the Jamon is fantastic with a nice glass of chilled Fino.  40 Mins to go then off home  and now thanks to  you, sherry will be the first drink of the weekend

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

I don't like wearing them. I wear them inside where there is greater risk of spreading, but outside there is no way I'd choose to wear one. It's not enforceable, and it's pointless and unnatural. 

You have to find the fun in them.

I have got used to wearing one and now like to imagine I am a Ninja or Robin Hood.

I walked into a deserted rural local post office the other day.

I was wearing sunglasses, cap and mask, I had my short furled umbrella in a plastic bag in my hand. The assistant looked like they had filled their pants for a second. 

I think they thought it was all about to go Lockstock for a moment but I only wanted a book of 1st class stamps and a Curly Wurly.

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

Sevilla..¡que maravilla!

Wonderful city!

ONS predict the first week of October was seeing 28,000 cases a day. Vallance reckons we are at 40,000 a day at the moment. 

Makes you think how many had it in late March/early April, and we had hardly any idea. 

We are probably talking hundreds of thousands a week.

From the FT

"According to the latest analysis by the Office for National Statistics, in the week to September 19, 103,600 people in England, one in 500 of the population, carried the virus. This is up from 59,800 the previous week."

60k to 103k to ? to 196k

Soooo, 

Hospital admissions are just about to get to the levels we saw on the 23rd of March 2020 (note, they aren't quite there yet) 

Current estimates from the ONS would suggest that this last week, we are seeing 250k plus infections

Anybody want to guess how many infections we were therefore dealing with, per week, at the start of April? 

And some say a full lockdown will stop it? 

42 minutes ago, sage said:

Yes, this kind of court ruling could go to as the European Court of Justice, then it will be the rule across the whole of the EU...

oh wait... 

good for me I’m more in EU than here ??? Anyway precedent is now set  

A quick question:

According to government guidelines, if you are in a Tier 3 area, you can only go to a pub and order a drink if you are having a 'substantial meal'....

pubs and bars must close; they can only remain open where they operate as if they were a restaurant - which means serving substantial meals, like a main lunchtime or evening meal; they may only serve alcohol as part of such a meal

Source: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/local-covid-alert-level-very-high

Does this mean that if you want a second beer, you have to order a second meal?

There's going to be a lot more obese people in Wetherspoons by the time this is over.

12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

A quick question:

According to government guidelines, if you are in a Tier 3 area, you can only go to a pub and order a drink if you are having a 'substantial meal'....

There's going to be a lot more obese people in Wetherspoons by the time this is over.

I can remember years ago going for a beer and a burger.

It may put them back into profit though. 

13 minutes ago, Eddie said:

A quick question:

I have a fat relative who used to say 'tonight we eat for Britain"!

Archived