Coronavirus

1of4

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

If I stumbled passed a public house at 2230 and noticed several folk still in there, then I definitely would ................carry on walking on mind my own business, I really hope most people would to be honest 

Look at it as a duty people are making incredible sacrifices losing loved ones and doing their bit even risking mental health and other problems.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Eddie said:

There are various types of household settings that warrant far more caution - university halls of residence, for instance.

Case in point - 172 positive cases at a single hall of residence at Glasgow University.

Ah Freshers week that we'll known F fest at least it was back in 1980 

12 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

If I stumbled passed a public house at 2230 and noticed several folk still in there, then I definitely would ................carry on walking on mind my own business, I really hope most people would to be honest 

Well we're never going to agree so we may as halt the exchange. You'd rather turn a blind eye and I'd rather do something to try and help the situation.

I might be wrong here and it ain’t something I’m willing to real stick my head on the line for but I do at least ponder at the idea that they want it to pass through the student population. So get them into student halls, give them minimal contact with the outside world as possible and hope over the next couple of months it’s contained within that population.

It kinda works as a theory, like a more mature version of giving a bunch of kids chicken pox, but I would need to prove that transmission from younger people to older people is very high and I wouldn’t have a clue on that. But to have herd immunity in a group it’s likely to spread quickly amongst I presume would do wonders for the rest of the population.

BUT is does work with where is currently being locked down and also fits in with pub closures (as adter 10 is when students and the public are most likely to mingle).

It’s just a ponder and I don’t want to bring worry to people who might currently have relations at university, so please remember there is zero science of prove about what I’m saying!

28 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Well we're never going to agree so we may as halt the exchange. You'd rather turn a blind eye and I'd rather do something to try and help the situation.

I suppose you’re right, I mean for the example I gave with people staying in a bar past 10pm will make all the difference, the bloody scoundrels 

13 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Churchill's record seemed pretty average in normal times, but was able to bring the nation together when it mattered most. He rose to the occasion, whilst his pretender has wilted.

Ooh nasty. 
I expect he could take something for that.

12 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

As I know you all love a doctors opinion, here’s an absolutely cracking one ??

And here's another couple of opinions that will be debated on Sky tomorrow;

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-even-scientists-cant-agree-on-how-society-should-fight-covid-19-12082007

If the scientists can't agree, leading to politicians not knowing which way to turn next its no wonder people are confused and arguing on here!

14 minutes ago, maxjam said:

And here's another couple of opinions that will be debated on Sky tomorrow;

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-even-scientists-cant-agree-on-how-society-should-fight-covid-19-12082007

If the scientists can't agree, leading to politicians not knowing which way to turn next its no wonder people are confused and arguing on here!

I think everyone appreciates it's debatable. It's the utter conviction that restrictions are incorrect that gets a bit dull, and sometimes insensitive. Some of the things posted seem to exist in a vacuum, where loads of people haven't recently died (ie actual excess deaths).

One of you made a comment that you hadn't been to a pub since Lockdown in March. My assumption is that you die hard doom merchants have barely left your houses for 6 months. You have no idea how normal things are in the outside world. As for being a snitch, well i'm not going to go there because what I would like to say, would get me permanently banned. 

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

I think everyone appreciates it's debatable. It's the utter conviction that restrictions are incorrect that gets a bit dull, and sometimes insensitive. Some of the things posted seem to exist in a vacuum, where loads of people haven't recently died (ie actual excess deaths).

I don’t think anyone is being insensitive at all. I think all it is, is that the counter argument to yours and several others is that people are too afraid to die that they have stopped living. 

(a lot of “is” in that sentence apologies) 

4 minutes ago, Norman said:

Woah, woah, woah. 

Steady lads, @maxjam, @Uptherams, @TexasRam

Didn't you know, you're all down conspiracy rabbit holes. Dont start saying that scientists agree with you, or that figures of more deaths from the restrictions are starting to come out. 

It's not really surprising that it's the same merchants of doom as always on this forum. I'm just wondering when the cult of doom get's to the final stage and they arrange some mass suicide ritual. Then again, they wouldn't meet in a group larger than 6 would they? If they did they'd all snitch on each other and the Stasi would show up. 

Archived