Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TexasRam said:

Nope, but sneaking about spying through pub windows. If that is what we have become as a nation and you agree with it, my goodness me 

You'll go ape when you hear the police put their speed detector vans around blind bends! Sneaky as they come!

Completely fed up. Local lockdown where I live is definitely on the way, noises been made for a couple of weeks now. I suspect that the chancellors announcement on new scheme to keep jobs is a precursor to further restrictions. 

Absolutely sick to death of the current restrictions, the outlook of not being able to see anyone outside of your household, all the social distancing, the lack of being able to go to proper football, the in your face nature of covid stuff everywhere you look, sick of wfh (and the constant noisy building works next door that I'd otherwise be able to avoid), being able to go out for a few pints in a big group, the lack of spontaneity afforded to you, crap holiday options, big talk little action from the gov, lack of plan or long term plan and the relentless news on cases etc.

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

You'll go ape when you hear the police put their speed detector vans around blind bends! Sneaky as they come!

Not really as I see that as an actual threat to my life, whereas..............

4 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Hidden a post because it's going off into territory not about Coronavirus. If you could keep your discussions about the virus, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Hope you deleted the original post I was referring to then 

Just now, TexasRam said:

Not really as I see that as an actual threat to my life, whereas..............

Ah, so it's about enforcing the rules you want enforcing. Gotcha. Snitching is only snitching if you don't agree with the rule in the first place. Otherwise it's presumably being civic minded.

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

OTOH you appear to be asking for something to be done that may or may not have already been done, and you don't want to find out yourself.

Just hope you’d be equal in your post removal and not weighted towards the  your side of the debate. That is all, nothing more 

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Covid 19 is nothing like the Spanish Flu, and you quite well know that. 

Erm do I? You probably need to show your working there. They are different viruses for sure, but both novel and causing global pandemics with high mortality rates. In what way specifically are they "nothing like each other"?

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Plenty of posters on here have been desperately searching for signs of a ''second wave'' for months.

Which is different to "pining for lockdown" - but again, you're flouncing a bit there ducky. "desperately searching for signs"?? Show me a post which illustrates that. I'll wait

19 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Just hope you’d be equal in your post removal and not weighted towards the  your side of the debate. That is all, nothing more 

Without knowing which post you're referring to I can't comment. You'll have to find it and report it if it hasn't been removed. 

By the way there's a team of moderators. If you use the report function we all get alerted. If not we have to manually read every post on the boards, as well as presume which are likely to cause offence to members. Easier if you tell us.

1 hour ago, Van Wolfie said:

Based on how often my masks have been washed, I must be immune to pretty much everything out there by now.

This is my view as well. We may never get a vaccine but we are defo getting better at treating the symptoms. This is probably the reason that the death rate is keeping pretty low. I'm no doc for sure but if they can get you through that danger period, you get better with time anyway. 

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

I despair 

So do I if people like you are prepared to condone/ignore breaches of restrictions designed to control a killer virus that you may come across. I'm not going out of my way to find transgressors but if I stumble across them then I would be inclined to report them.

46 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

So do I if people like you are prepared to condone/ignore breaches of restrictions designed to control a killer virus that you may come across. I'm not going out of my way to find transgressors but if I stumble across them then I would be inclined to report them.

If I stumbled passed a public house at 2230 and noticed several folk still in there, then I definitely would ................carry on walking on mind my own business, I really hope most people would to be honest 

Archived