Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
56 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

You haven't got flu. You would be virtually disabled in your bed if you had flu, feeling like a train had just run over you.

Man flu ?

There's a few issues surrounding this outbreak ,

Number 1 The media is stoking the fire without question ,some of the language used doesn't match reality .                                Number 2  If the world economy is going down the tube then it's a massive over reaction OR they ain't telling us the full story .  Number 3  Every so often there is a Flu strain which is not the normal mutation like Swine Flu .Avian Flu etc or like two years ago they predicted the wrong strain for the flu jab and it was ineffective.What's the correlation?

Someone somewhere should be able to put together a rational explanation which is not either  under or over stated . 

2 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

There's a few issues surrounding this outbreak ,

Someone somewhere should be able to put together a rational explanation which is not either  under or over stated . 

They're still struggling to explain the 1918 Flu, so I think you'll at least have to wait until Covid-19 is 'over' for a limited explanation!

1 hour ago, Grumpy Git said:

You haven't got flu. You would be virtually disabled in your bed if you had flu, feeling like a train had just run over you.

I used to think that after having it over Christmas and New Years in 1999 and being in bed for almost 3 weeks feeling like I was dying. 

But apparently not only can you have very mild flu, but you can have it and not even know. 

The missus past out at work a couple of years ago and they tested her for flu immediately and she had it.  She had no other symptoms  

Having said that @ramit took a video and he does look very poorly.

4 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I used to think that after having it over Christmas and New Years in 1999 and being in bed for almost 3 weeks feeling like I was dying. 

But apparently not only can you have very mild flu, but you can have it and not even know. 

The missus past out at work a couple of years ago and they tested her for flu immediately and she had it.  She had no other symptoms  

Having said that @ramit took a video and he does look very poorly.

i tried that act with my wife, she wasn't having any of it, just said, i am busy, you are ill, get over it

I’ve had a total u-turn change of heart with my view point in this now. 

I’m a self employed trainer. So I rely on companies booking training days for my income. I have a minimum amount a month I need to be able to make ends meet. 

I’ve tightened my belt a bit, and took a mortgage payment holiday, so over the next 2 months I could survive on just 4 days of work a month. 

So I was hoping, if we didn’t go on total lock down, then there’d be enough business as usual to at least get me those 4 days of work. 

Now it looks a lot more likely that, even though we’re not in a full on lock down, most companies are acting that way anyway, people are working from home, or self isolating, and this looks like it’ll be the way for a while. My pre booked courses are dropping like flies, I’ve got no worked booked in for the next 4 weeks, and I very much doubt any work is going to fall in my lap now. It’s obviously not a priority right now, and companies can easily postpone this training for a couple of months. The bright side is, I reckon I’ll be super busy once all this passes, but I’ve got to get there first. 

So now, cos I’ve got nothing to do for the next 4 weeks anyway, I’m all for a total, complete lock down for 2, 3, 4 weeks. If that stands the chance of eradicating the virus all together, and you could guarantee me that life will then go back to normal by this time next month, I’d be all for that, rather than dragging it all out over the next 2, 3, 4 months. I wouldn’t survive that, and I think there’s probably lots of people who won’t. 

2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

...apart from three empty wine bottles under her desk?

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I’ve had a total u-turn change of heart with my view point in this now. 

I’m a self employed trainer. So I rely on companies booking training days for my income. I have a minimum amount a month I need to be able to make ends meet. 

I’ve tightened my belt a bit, and took a mortgage payment holiday, so over the next 2 months I could survive on just 4 days of work a month. 

So I was hoping, if we didn’t go on total lock down, then there’d be enough business as usual to at least get me those 4 days of work. 

Now it looks a lot more likely that, even though we’re not in a full on lock down, most companies are acting that way anyway, people are working from home, or self isolating, and this looks like it’ll be the way for a while. My pre booked courses are dropping like flies, I’ve got no worked booked in for the next 4 weeks, and I very much doubt any work is going to fall in my lap now. It’s obviously not a priority right now, and companies can easily postpone this training for a couple of months. The bright side is, I reckon I’ll be super busy once all this passes, but I’ve got to get there first. 

So now, cos I’ve got nothing to do for the next 4 weeks anyway, I’m all for a total, complete lock down for 2, 3, 4 weeks. If that stands the chance of eradicating the virus all together, and you could guarantee me that life will then go back to normal by this time next month, I’d be all for that, rather than dragging it all out over the next 2, 3, 4 months. I wouldn’t survive that, and I think there’s probably lots of people who won’t. 

Forgive my ignorance of your business TT but can you sell those same companies a slightly different Covid-19 product - a 1:1 (with 2 metre distance) training programme for those staff working from home but missing out on colleague interaction - keeping them mentally and physically fit.  4 weeks is a long, long time to be working from home if you're not used to it; any longer is a very, very long, long time

Is anyone else using this forum to get all the advise and latest news on the virus..?!? Not sure that the people on here are the most reliable sources....but it’s what I am using to dictate my life right now. 
Mrs M is in bed with flu......I’m off out on my bike to self isolate. 

We are now on lockdown. We're only allowed to go out of the building for work or necessity. Anyone caught in the street without good cause is being fined, up to 60000€ is possible. On the news we've seen many being stopped by the police for going out for a jog, bike rides or just out for a walk because they were bored at home.

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, richinspain said:

We are now on lockdown. We're only allowed to go out of the building for work or necessity. Anyone caught in the street without good cause is being fined, up to 60000€ is possible. On the news we've seen many being stopped by the police for going out for a jog, bike rides or just out for a walk because they were bored at home.

You will always get those that know better or those that when told they can't do something it makes them need it more.

Keep safe. We will probably not be far behind you. 

47 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Can you walk a dog?

Archived