Coronavirus

1of4

4 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Everybody’s essential are different, I live with 4 women (3 are Daughters before forum comedians start!) without beer I’d be going crazy......Yay from me, but I’d top up the weekly shop with a couple more cans/bottles next time. 

Perhaps you and @Pastinaak can do a barrel deal with your local pub:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52199185

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Could maybe sort out a beer delivery. Samuel Smith do one, but reading the article it looks like you have to own a shire horse, for some reason. 

Pity it is not a shitehouse as I understand most Yorkshire homes have one.

On 11/04/2020 at 16:29, Angry Ram said:

Conundrum.. Father-in-laws birthday on Wednesday.. Well into his 80s now and of an era where they were possibly made of sterner stuff.. Safe to say he is struggling staying in but been brilliant doing so. We get the shopping etc so he does not have to. 
Walkable distance from us and we were thinking about walking round (daily exercise as normal), taking a bottle of red and sitting in his front garden and having a glass with him. Normal distancing rules apply. 
Not essential  in the greater scheme of things but would mean the world to him. 
I would say that’s acceptable is only for his sanity and the wife’s.. And mine as well, love the old git really.

Yes or No?

Do it mate.

I've seen in the news that a disproportionate percentage of ethnic minorities are being infected by the virus.

I then spoke to an old Asian colleague of mine and he also mentioned how alot of people that attend his mosque (which is closed) are dying.

I've then seen on Facebook today (so who knows if true) someone saying how they had driven through Normanton yesterday on their way to work, and he wouldnt have even known their was a lockdown in place as it just seems to be business as usual there!

Anyone else come across anything like this?

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

Geez.... the party goers are idiots for sure but was that response necessary?  I hope other more serious crimes get similar treatment once get back to normal.  

Personally, I've never seen so many police in cars or walking in the park since the lockdown.  TBH I can't recall ever seeing a policeman in the park previously.

Enforcing social distancing by gathering in a tight group..without masks, brilliant

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

Geez.... the party goers are idiots for sure but was that response necessary?  I hope other more serious crimes get similar treatment once get back to normal.  

Personally, I've never seen so many police in cars or walking in the park since the lockdown.  TBH I can't recall ever seeing a policeman in the park previously.

I am guessing by the fact that there are so many police cars and ambulances there, that there is a bit more to this story than the police just breaking up a house party!

54 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I am guessing by the fact that there are so many police cars and ambulances there, that there is a bit more to this story than the police just breaking up a house party!

One of the party goers was riding a scooter and was knocked down by a Police car, The people inside were not happy hence alot of OB ?

16 minutes ago, angieram said:

If anyone follows Derbyshire Roads Traffic Police on Twitter, you'll have seen how many thieves and drunks they are rounding up overnight.

I suppose if everyone else is staying at home it's much easier to spot them. 

Every cloud....

Not that easy to hide is it? ?

burglar-in-traditional-costume-burglar-w

7 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Morning All, I have a question around Furlough to those that have been placed on Furlough.

Have you been advised what happens with your annual leave/holidays, including bank holidays while you are on furlough. Have read on some legal websites that the consensus seems to be either receive 100% pay for those days you have booked off, inc bank holidays, while on furlough, or carry them forward to use after the furlough period, and that holiday accrues at the normal rate while on furlough.

Just wondered if anyone had any real life examples of what is happening.

I know being paid for holiday pay what been booked off since last year. 

On 11/04/2020 at 10:20, King Kevin said:

My next door neighbour is a keen fisherman ,one of his mates owns a large fishing tackle shop and like most sectors a lot is made in China .His mate went to an exhibition in China late last year when he came back he remarked to my neighbour that there was a bug going round and it was killing people .

This guy subsequently when down with Covid 19 symptoms as did my neighbour and wife .All three had a long lasting cough and would wake in a morning in a pool pf sweat .

He would dearly like an antibody test to see if it was Covid 19.

Meant to respond to this message as thought it was very interesting and strongly suggests that the virus has been knocking about in the uk for quite a while.

In terms of ending the lockdown, a key question must be how many people brought it into the country in the first place.  If your neighbours mate was one of a handful of 'importers', then how can we get out again without it spreading everywhere all over again?

On the other hand, if stacks of people brought it into the country, then as long as we test the majority of people who have not been lockdowned (esp NHS staff), a few carriers should hopefully not cause another huge spread, especially with some continued distancing and extra hygiene.

4 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Meant to respond to this message as thought it was very interesting and strongly suggests that the virus has been knocking about in the uk for quite a while.

In terms of ending the lockdown, a key question must be how many people brought it into the country in the first place.  If your neighbours mate was one of a handful of 'importers', then how can we get out again without it spreading everywhere all over again?

On the other hand, if stacks of people brought it into the country, then as long as we test the majority of people who have not been lockdowned (esp NHS staff), a few carriers should hopefully not cause another huge spread, especially with some continued distancing and extra hygiene.

All good valid points ,glad I'm not making the decisions .

14 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Pretty depressing reading. Hopefully just incompetence, but if anyone ignored this procurement due to their anti-EU ideological reasons, they deserve stringing up.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/13/uk-missed-three-chances-to-join-eu-scheme-to-bulk-buy-ppe

The EU procurement scheme has not been entirely successful, however. While deliveries of masks, gowns and gloves will be made in tranches over the next two to 18 weeks, the procurement of ventilators will be slow, according to a leaked EU document.

“Companies indicated long delivery times, from 10 to 52 weeks,” the commission warned member states of the £690m purchase.

I would say the world is in a tough place, All wanting the same equipment.

20 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Pretty depressing reading. Hopefully just incompetence, but if anyone ignored this procurement due to their anti-EU ideological reasons, they deserve stringing up.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/13/uk-missed-three-chances-to-join-eu-scheme-to-bulk-buy-ppe

Just a few things to note from the article.

1 - The PPE that the EU have procured may not be delivered until 2 weeks time. So after the peaks have been hit in Spain, Italy, France and the UK. Doesnt sound any more efficient than what we are doing already does it?

2 - The article states "The EU procurement scheme has not been entirely successful, however. While deliveries of masks, gowns and gloves will be made in tranches over the next two to 18 weeks, the procurement of ventilators will be slow, according to a leaked EU document.

“Companies indicated long delivery times, from 10 to 52 weeks,” the commission warned member states of the £690m purchase."

Was this an 'all or nothing' scheme? Could the UK have decided against it because they thought getting ventilators quickly was of higher importance?

3 - The article states that the EU will have a surplus of some items, surely, unless they are being spiteful, there is the opportunity for us to buy the surplus equipment?

I think tomorrow is the day that confirms how deadly this virus has been for this country.

ONS death rates released and Government said their figures will include the deaths in care homes.

Anyone else find it weird that there have supposedly been coronavirus outbreaks at 92 care homes in the last 24 hours?

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think tomorrow is the day that confirms how deadly this virus has been for this country.

ONS death rates released and Government said their figures will include the deaths in care homes.

Anyone else find it weird that there have supposedly been coronavirus outbreaks at 92 care homes in the last 24 hours?

It is if we should have been locked down for 3 weeks.

Archived