v QPR (a) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, goldstar said:

Not at all. Baalocks in fact. He rarely gets those clear cut chances that Waghorn does as our ball play is shocking and he barely gets any game time. Then when Waghorn scores his sixth attempt hes better than Marriott?

Marriott slotted the ball in and set him up earlier and Waghorn allows the QPR player to waltz in and take it. Several sitters missed. 

If Marriott's rarely getting chances yet Waghorn is then it would suggest there's a problem with his positioning and movement.

2 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

If the moan stats were evaluated for this thread Waghorn would get the most amongst the forwards and he scored our only goal. Marriott surely deserves more moans?

Correct and the one big positive for Waghorn is that he keeps on trying and puts the effort in - he misses far to many easy chances compared to his more difficult conversions 

Marriott meanwhile has been a huge disappointment this season and simply doesn’t put the effort in,in terms of working the defenders whilst Waghorn does get chances 

1 minute ago, goldstar said:

Not at all. Baalocks in fact. He rarely gets those clear cut chances that Waghorn does as our ball play is shocking and he barely gets any game time. Then when Waghorn scores his sixth attempt hes better than Marriott?

Marriott slotted the ball in and set him up earlier and Waghorn allows the QPR player to waltz in and take it. Several sitters missed. 

Marriott was on the same pitch you realise? So if he could have done any better, he would have been welcome to step right up any time?

As it happens, while Waghorn is wasteful, he's the only striker we've got that gets himself into those positions. Marriott wasn't even there to miss it because he doesn't get that he's not just going to get a perfect ball on a plate every time and he needs to work for the team.

Stand on the shoulder and wait for Jupiter to align with Mercury and the stars to be right so he can have half a crack at goal.

Name a Marriott chance today? I'll wait.

We are short in a lot of areas. Crying out for pace and physical strength.Cocu has his philosophy on football but why do our Center half’s constantly pass to a goalkeeper who can’t kick or pass the ball.We don’t press the opposition enough without the ball.We need a lot more intensity with and without the ball.

I genuinely believed we had a good enough strike force this season in Waghorn, Martin and Marriott. But in part it relied on Marriott being the main scorer.

I have seen so many missed chances from Waghorn and Marriott(though not really seen him have chance in a while) If we don't take these chances the pressure increases on our defence which we all know is hardly reliable. Add to that keepers I don't see anyone else in the league being interested in.

The season we finally look like having a midfield and the parts either side of it are now crap!

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

Right okay I get it but fixture congestion? 

Seriously. Why can't you see this?

What is it with football fans and thinking managers do things just because they feel like it? I'm done

The Championship is the same every year.

Other clubs seem to cope with the ‘congestion’ fine and other managers don’t see fit to change the team every game and leave the team devoid of partnerships and rhythm.

Just now, lrm14 said:

If Marriott's rarely getting chances yet Waghorn is then it would suggest there's a problem with his positioning and movement.

Again disagree. He often gets in great positions and the final ball is over hit, under hit or gifted to the opposition. He is guilty of expecting better and when it doesnt come off, its hardly his fault we can't pass. 

His control of the ball is excellent, his take down from a huge height a couple of matches ago was superb. Its frustrating to me that we are not playing to suit his strengths. We started playing long ball as soon as he got subbed off! 

Just now, Jourdan said:

The Championship is the same every year.

Other clubs seem to cope with the ‘congestion’ fine and other managers don’t see fit to change the team every game and leave the team devoid of partnerships and rhythm.

They absolutely do rotate their teams. New to this league? It's been the case forever

Get a couple of dominant, decent centre halves. Naby Sarr/ Rob Dickie/ Keep Andre there. Solid GK (Dan Bentley) and a intelligent CF that makes the runs for Wazza (Lyle Taylor/ Nakhi Wells) and get rid of some dead wood (Big Curt/ Shinza/Fozzy) and we’ll be fine. Bird is going to be great ! 

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Already 24 pages vs 22 Fulham thread. 

You would almost think people enjoy us losing. 

I guess it’s like anything.

Are you more likely to leave a good review for a good meal, or a bad review for a bad meal at a restaurant?

People love to complain and the English especially!

Plus, imagine how boring it would be on here if everyone was having a good time?! 

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Lose a game - after not playing particularly badly but Waggy missing some golden chances and a poor Rooney pass - and the "Cocu out" brigade immediately jump at the chance to creep out from under the woodwork.

M e l t d o w n....

Must be cold in your house mate.?

2 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Marriott was on the same pitch you realise? 

Name a Marriott chance today? I'll wait.

Noooo i never realised. 

Exactly! He didnt get one! He was in brilliant positions and we failed to get the ball to him. While of course he isnt flawless, its not just on him to get the chances, its the service. 

5 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Lose a game - after not playing particularly badly but Waggy missing some golden chances and a poor Rooney pass - and the "Cocu out" brigade immediately jump at the chance to creep out from under the woodwork.

M e l t d o w n....

Not read all the posts but where has anyone said Cocu out ?

Are you not allowed to even criticise or question decisions ?

Just now, Mckram said:

I guess it’s like anything.

Are you more likely to leave a good review for a good meal, or a bad review for a bad meal at a restaurant?

People love to complain and the English especially!

Plus, imagine how boring it would be on here if everyone was having a good time?! 

I love a good time me. ?

Archived