Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again!

Day

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Could it be a Leeds fan who was passing through Little Eaton and fancied a coffee?

Was a bit strange that he had full tracksuit on, with Leeds t shirt underneath and got into a Range Rover afterwards as well. Looked too much like a footballer to be a fan ?

• 2 weeks later...

I think he's a quality player, but talk of an England call up is crazy with all the talented young English midfielders playing week in, week out in the Premier League. Mind you, they called up Mount last season, which I said was a farce at the time.

2 minutes ago, Anon said:

I think he's a quality player, but talk of an England call up is crazy with all the talented young English midfielders playing week in, week out in the Premier League. Mind you, they called up Mount last season, which I said was a farce at the time.

Not sure he's even that quality. He's reckless, his passing isn't fantastic and when the opposition ups the tempo he gets bypassed. 

On 25/02/2020 at 17:57, Anon said:

Meh. If he gets an England call-up then it only strengthens my conviction that Thorne would have pissed into the side.

1 hour ago, ThePrisoner said:

Ah, I see he's wheeling out the old 'it's not words it's the intent behind them' argument but I guess in this instance, other credible defences are a tad thin on the ground.

And as if his mealy-mouthed protestation of innocence is not enough reason to find him somewhat loathsome, he goes and doubles-down with the other classic 'racism 101' tactic of portraying himself as the victim, saying 'I feel truly sad and devastated for being accused of making a supposedly racist'. 

I wonder if one day, instead of all the usual BS someone might just man the duck up and say, 'I said it in the heat of the moment but that's no excuse and I apologise unreservedly to (insert name) and to the club and fans who pay my wages. I'll be better'. I think people would actually respect that.

9 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Ah, I see he's wheeling out the old 'it's not words it's the intent behind them' argument but I guess in this instance, other credible defences are a tad thin on the ground.

And as if his mealy-mouthed protestation of innocence is not enough reason to find him somewhat loathsome, he goes and doubles-down with the other classic 'racism 101' tactic of portraying himself as the victim, saying 'I feel truly sad and devastated for being accused of making a supposedly racist'. 

I wonder if one day, instead of all the usual BS someone might just man the duck up and say, 'I said it in the heat of the moment but that's no excuse and I apologise unreservedly to (insert name) and to the club and fans who pay my wages. I'll be better'. I think people would actually respect that.

For me its still a tough one, would be interesting to read the report on this. Leeds are saying hes been found guilty based on the balance of probability rather than proof.

Do we now automatically assume someone is guilty if accused? I took the time to read the report on the lad from Burton a few years back who was found guilty and the report actually says a number of times about the evidence against him not being very credible, including the person he was accused of racially abusing but they still found him guilty, seemed like they were looking for a reason to find him guilty but not one to find him not guilty.

Anyone who racially abuses someone should be punished heavily, but we should also be sure we don't have a chelsea/clattenburg situation where someone was accused just because a scoreline didnt go their way.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

For me its still a tough one, would be interesting to read the report on this. Leeds are saying hes been found guilty based on the balance of probability rather than proof.

Do we now automatically assume someone is guilty if accused? I took the time to read the report on the lad from Burton a few years back who was found guilty and the report actually says a number of times about the evidence against him not being very credible, including the person he was accused of racially abusing but they still found him guilty, seemed like they were looking for a reason to find him guilty but not one to find him not guilty.

Anyone who racially abuses someone should be punished heavily, but we should also be sure we don't have a chelsea/clattenburg situation where someone was accused just because a scoreline didnt go their way.

Balance of probabilities is used in UK Employment Law to determine an outcome so why shouldn't it be used in this case?

1 minute ago, Gisby said:

Debatable I agree but when comparing each crime are punishments equitable? That’s my question. 

He got a few gigs as a summariser on a local radio station so don't think what happened to him affected his chances of being the next Howard Stern...or more appropriately Alan Partridge.

My only comment on this would be the response from Leeds saying they didn't agree that the outcome should have been based on the Balance of Probabilities....well tough UK Employment Law is based on the Balance of Probabilities to decide an outcome so has been deemed in Law as being perfectly acceptable to make a decision.

Archived