v Bristol City (A) - Matchday Thread

OohMartWright

Ref should have booked a couple of the Bristol players but we have not got near to stopping crosses from our left hand side and Hamer doesn’t bother coming for crosses either in the six yard line - Bristol are not good - get Marriott on and run directly at them 

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Unfortunately our best full back isn’t playing and we are clearly missing his strength and aerial presence. Not really sure why Lowe is playing unless Forsyth’s ACL means he can’t play 2 games in a week. Both full backs to blame for both goals for me. 

Agree 

as I said pre game ... both have bags of talent but both can be a liability defensively within games 

I don’t think away from home u can play them together and expect to get consistent results 

they’re still learning their games not slight on them but away from home in the championship u need that assurance a more seasoned player gives u.. even if it’s just positional and awareness of what’s around them (both goals) 

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

I cant get my head round it. It doesn’t matter who’s on the pitch it’s the same. 

It’s just laziness. Has to be. Especially from our two attacking full backs who think it’s not their job to put their bodies on the line.

There are definitely positives here given what we were playing like weeks ago. We look good in possession. However, the ability to stop crosses and defend our 6 yard box remains diabolical. I prefer Hamer to Roos so not going to lay into him but he ain't great, certainly not a keeper I'd want for a promotion run. Full backs aren't stopping crosses, keeper flapping and the defence generally static to the second balls in the box.

Tactical changes now please.

Waghorn and Bogle off 

Bring on Davies and Shinnie

Hamer

Wisdom Davies Clarke  Lowe 

Bird    Shinnie

Holmes     Rooney        Lawrence  

Martin  

5 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Unfortunately our best full back isn’t playing and we are clearly missing his strength and aerial presence. Not really sure why Lowe is playing unless Forsyth’s ACL means he can’t play 2 games in a week. Both full backs to blame for both goals for me. 

I am think you are correct about the amount of games he can do which might be the same with Martin but I expected Forsyth to start against the very long ball and physical Huddersfield on Saturday 

It’s just amazing how few crosses we stop getting across. Other teams manage it so why can’t we ?

Played some nice stuff in the first 30 mins but without really threatening.

Still was always going to be a tough game and a couple of good results doesn’t suddenly make us top 6 material.

If we could get one back we might get back into this..

2 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

There are definitely positives here given what we were playing like weeks ago. We look good in possession. However, the ability to stop crosses and defend our 6 yard box remains diabolical. I prefer Hamer to Roos so not going to lay into him but he ain't great, certainly not a keeper I'd want for a promotion run. Full backs aren't stopping crosses, keeper flapping and the defence generally static to the second balls in the box.

You know who commands his area? Foster-Theniger ?

3 minutes ago, cosmic said:

It’s just laziness. Has to be. Especially from our two attacking full backs who think it’s not their job to put their bodies on the line.

Partly laziness .. partly that both bogle and lowe arnt that good defensively as it stands 

both will learn but they just don’t make life hard enough for the opposition at key moements

both goals tonight are perfect examples 

Archived