Anyone seen themselves on the telly before?

Bubbles

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When it was the centenary of Alan Turing's birth I was invited to King's College Cambridge for his "100th birthday party". There were lots of cameras there but I thought I'd kept out of the way. A few days later I had to go to Japan for a scientific conference. I woke up in my Tokyo hotel room, put the telly onto BBC World and the very first thing I saw was me staring back at me, as part of some round-up of the week's news. 

More proof, as if it were needed, that we're living in a computer simulation. 

Once or twice at the BBG, once on the fence at the city ground. I was in an episode of Boon once when Lionel Jeffries and Susannah York were in it. We were putting up a Marquee and they decided to film it with Boon and Harry walking through. Harry forgot his lines a couple of times and we had to lower and raise the marqee each time. After we swore at him, he apologised and got it right. 

A few footie games. I was in the home end v Bournemouth (a mates brother in law got us tickets but he was a Cherries fan). They scored and everyone jumped up to clap and cheer.! I did not want to stand out and stay sitting so jumped up myself and on tv you can see me clapping their goal!

On 04/02/2020 at 13:21, Squid said:

Mentioned something in a different thread about how my glove became famous on ITV news in 2011. ( dangled it infront the news reporter when they came to my school)

Anyone ever made an appearance on the ol' tele?

There was also this time in college when we went down to greggs and a man was being arrested outside the co-op and me and my mate walked past the camera view and I was stuffing my face with a steak bake. I haven't tracked down what show they was filming and whether I was included but might have to binge watch traffic cops to see if i can see myself.

Yes i'm bored

I Have been on telly a few times but this is my favourite for obvious reasons.

I appear at 1.40 -1.46 ish .

Top left hand corner three in from the cockerel with the very blonde hair (where did that go!!!)

In the 1979 election Derby South was considered a marginal seat so they sent some Nationwide reporters to the town to interview the locals. I'd just bought my copy of White Riot by The Clash (still wish we'd kept that as our entrance song) and spent the whole interview bouncing up and down in the background, waving it about, while they grilled the locals on what was going to make them vote one way or ther other. Day after it was shown I was walking through school when our metalwork teacher stuck his head out of the classroom window, as I strolled past, and shouted "you really are a pillock!"

23 hours ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

I Have been on telly a few times but this is my favourite for obvious reasons.

I appear at 1.40 -1.46 ish .

Top left hand corner three in from the cockerel with the very blonde hair (where did that go!!!)

1969-1971 - now that is what I call extra time......

I was involved in a youth theatre project in the 1970s and we were filmed at Tamworth Castle for Midlands Today with Tom Coyne. I was dressed as an ape. We also managed to get on the local news programs in East Anglia, Northern Ireland and the North East, when I was dressed as a human.

A few years later, I once accidentally walked in front of Anne Diamond as she was filming a report. I presume I was edited out.

Archived