Anyone seen themselves on the telly before?

Bubbles

Mentioned something in a different thread about how my glove became famous on ITV news in 2011. ( dangled it infront the news reporter when they came to my school)

Anyone ever made an appearance on the ol' tele?

There was also this time in college when we went down to greggs and a man was being arrested outside the co-op and me and my mate walked past the camera view and I was stuffing my face with a steak bake. I haven't tracked down what show they was filming and whether I was included but might have to binge watch traffic cops to see if i can see myself.

Yes i'm bored

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I was in a queue at East Mids Airport waiting to go to Crete in 2005, and the news was filming cos they were arguing about the name change. Loads of people told me, but I never saw it, so now, I haven't seen myself, and by the sounds of it @Squid, nor have you!!

I am determined to find myself, no matter how many episodes of traffic cops, road wars, or any plod shows it takes.

When we were kids, my hometown, Rugby, was on It's a Knockout (in the grounds of Warwick Castle, which was thrill enough even without the prospect of getting on the telly). My mum, not known for her own shameless exhibitionism, dressed my brother and me up like twits in blue crepe paper and goodness knows what else (I have tried to blank the experience without success). Mum pushed us to the front of the crowd so that when the event was broadcast, we could be clearly seen every time a contestant ran past.

Fortunately, this was before video recorders so this was a one off. Shameful none the less.

Cooler, however, than my mate's appearance on Songs of Praise.

I was on the news in 2000 when we were deployed to Sierra Leone, We were at Lungi airfield doing admin before going on ops, so I was sat in a roofless Land Rover shirt off cleaning the GPMG mounted on the front......I was a lot younger back then and looked mighty fine, it’s all gone pear shaped now.......literally.........my mum recorded all the news programmes after that I got spotted a couple of times, then I think my sister taped Corrie 1 night    , and all footage was lost ??

I was on Blue Peter, stood with Simon Groom when I was at some farming/rural competition thing somewhere near Matlock and he was filming there. Must have been about 1982 ish (9 years old).

Look North (Yorkshire local News) around the same time. I was in the Baslow church choir and they filmed a bit of one of the presenters getting married there.

About 10 years ago, I was one of the members of the public in the studio/kitchen for Good Food Live (on UKTV Food channel), so was regularly in shot. I had to say a piece to camera at the end (to be shown over the credits), talking about something I'd eaten there. It took about 5 takes to get it right & the lad filming me was getting really arsey about me repeatedly stuttering through it.

At the opening of the AMC Cinema (now the Odeon) in Derby. Think it was 1988, the first film shown was Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Was in the queue as they filmed.

19 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Intrigued to know how you got on the Benny Hill Show. You weren't the little bald fella that he used to slap on the head? Were you? ?

I went to school in Teddington, Right by Teddington studios where they used to film Benny Hill back in the 70s. Sometimes they filmed on the field by the side of the school and we used to see a lot of scantily clad women running about. Oh how we loved that, boys school and all. Other times when they were filming scenes after school they would ask us to be in the background. 

So no, not the little bald fella but the little fella with a major hard on watching all those women.

Jackanory the same deal really. We got dragged there one day to sit around Bernand Cribbins while he read a story.

7 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I went to school in Teddington, Right by Teddington studios where they used to film Benny Hill back in the 70s. Sometimes they filmed on the field by the side of the school and we used to see a lot of scantily clad women running about. Oh how we loved that, boys school and all. Other times when they were filming scenes after school they would ask us to be in the background. 

So no, not the little bald fella but the little fella with a major hard on watching all those women.

Jackanory the same deal really. We got dragged there one day to sit around Bernand Cribbins while he read a story.

Sounds like an idyllic childhood to me. What a way to spend your formative years. Bloody loved watching Benny Hill for similar reasons.

Anyone seen themselves on the telly before?

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Not myself, but...

Oh, well if we are playing those games, No, I haven't been on telly either, but that Gwen Taylor woman from Alvaston used to be on every week back in the day, and that's not too far from Breadsall, which is where I lived then.

Will that do?   ;-)

Archived