Kamil Jóźwiak - Signed 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

The only thing I’ve seen is this tweet from this journalist based in Poznan, which posted a couple of hours ago.

It translates to “Lech Poznań is delaying the transfer of Kamil Jóźwiak. And it talks about the price for Robert Gumny”.

As a wise snake once said "the reality is", our luck is such, that we struck a deal, waited until the international games were done before he flew over, he plays well, the head of the Polish FA waxed lyrical about how he will be worth millions in a few years and Lech try and squeeze a bit more out of us.

The only hope is that Jozwiak has set his heart on coming to us, having spoke to Bielik etc, because then itll just be down to an extra clause being added to the fee.

My concern is if we miss out at the 11th hour, Cocu will surely be fuming.

You know what. I don't know enough about either of these players (other than people think they're good on fifa?) to say I'd be disappointed if we didn't get one or the other. They both look good on clips and I'm sure we will end up with one of um. 

Got a feeling it will be Jozwiak ?

I think reading between the lines or in other words, reading the actual words written by Nicholson and Dorsett, the deal isn’t dead, but we are making it known we are looking at other targets. Lech have used their media to make it very clear that something is happening to help their negotiating position and I’m pretty sure this is a message to say don’t be greedy or we will walk away. Might be wrong but makes most sense with what is being said

4 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I would rather we lose the player than pay more than the club thinks  he’s worth.

That was probably the same mindset when we didn’t sign Ollie Watkins who is now being touted for £28m... but could also turn out to be another Flo Jo, you win some you lose some, or lose lose if you’re Derby!

13 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I would rather we lose the player than pay more than the club thinks  he’s worth.

That's a very complex assertion to make. You could argue that if Butterfield Johnson and Anya had all propelled us to the Premiership then whatever we paid for them would have been a mere bauble. But as we palpably failed to get there then their price tags were compared against this failure. Sliding doors moment.

50 minutes ago, Sean said:

Still think there was too much smoke without fire for this one to not be at least 99% along the way, hopefully just some kind of blip in tying everything up and Sky have taken it a little out of proportion

I think you right on this. Lech Poznan are in need of some cash and they need it now. They are obviously going to push for as much as they can get. Hopefully we are the only interested club at this stage and get the deal sorted by tomorrow, so the lad can get a couple or so training sessions in. Could be on the bench for the Reading game.

Archived