Kamil Jóźwiak - Signed 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Cab anybody remember the last time Derby telegraph actually broke a story first on a player signing. 15 years ago and also let's not forget Steve's done this nothing in it remark he did it with bielik and then he signed 

What did he say with Bielik?

36 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

So people have asked if there's any truth in this rumour.

Steve Nicholson replies with "Calls have been made"

Then his latest article says "as of last night"

So he didn't make any calls. Did he?

Surely he’s referring to dcfc calls to the player / agent / club, not his own enquiries of others.

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

What did he say with Bielik?

At the time that he wasn't a target as far as the Derby telegraph understands I remember it because I watched him for Charlton in play off final and thought he was quality so was gutted when Steve wrote it 

26 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Surely he’s referring to dcfc calls to the player / agent / club, not his own enquiries of others.

I took it as him making calls to see if there was anything in the rumour?

He says "Do you know how tricky it can be to stand these things up"

I think it he's saying "calls have been made" by the club to the player or agent then surely that's the rumour being true?!

9 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Steve Nicholson is so slow off the mark, i don't know how he makes a living out of sports journalism. I think this Polish lad will be with us before we play our first League game.

TBF All journo's rely on contacts from within the club ( or with agents ) & Derby have become tighter than two coats of paint

9 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Sack Steve Nicholson, lazy journalism

I think people are a bit hard on Steve, he works for a small provincial newspaper and as such has access to one team, who are great at not saying anything about transfer plans, people like Percy and Nicholl work for national papers who have access to any team in the country and as such will have contacts that talk even if some of the information isn't that accurate.

As the main sports person for the DT Steve has to provide copy and I don't see anyone complaining about his post match reports, which essentially is what he is paid to provide.  as part of that he will pick up what has been said elsewhere about transfers (which nationals all so do). 

In these current times its unfair to have a go at someone who is just doing their job. 

Just now, Woodley Ram said:

I think people are a bit hard on Steve, he works for a small provincial newspaper and as such has access to one team, who are great at not saying anything about transfer plans, people like Percy and Nicholl work for national papers who have access to any team in the country and as such will have contacts that talk even if some of the information isn't that accurate.

As the main sports person for the DT Steve has to provide copy and I don't see anyone complaining about his post match reports, which essentially is what he is paid to provide.  as part of that he will pick up what has been said elsewhere about transfers (which nationals all so do). 

In these current times its unfair to have a go at someone who is just doing their job. 

Without every thread banging on about Steve Nicholson (it's becoming like Chris Martin) people have several gripes with him.

The Derbyshire Live website is an advert ridden unreadable mess full of non-stories, rehashed vague rumours from 18 months ago and complete clickbait garbage. Whilst you may argue some of this isn't his fault, and it might not be, I'd be surprised if he took a well researched insightful piece of analysis and the higher ups told him to swivel. 

Second to all of that, is his staunch defence of it all and being rather argumentative with an air of superiority all over social media. I don't know about you, but if the place I was work was making me do something I didn't really want to do and making a mockery of me and my chosen profession, I wouldn't engage with anyone criticising it. I'd shut up and keep my head down.

11 minutes ago, Srg said:

Without every thread banging on about Steve Nicholson (it's becoming like Chris Martin) people have several gripes with him.

The Derbyshire Live website is an advert ridden unreadable mess full of non-stories, rehashed vague rumours from 18 months ago and complete clickbait garbage. Whilst you may argue some of this isn't his fault, and it might not be, I'd be surprised if he took a well researched insightful piece of analysis and the higher ups told him to swivel. 

Second to all of that, is his staunch defence of it all and being rather argumentative with an air of superiority all over social media. I don't know about you, but if the place I was work was making me do something I didn't really want to do and making a mockery of me and my chosen profession, I wouldn't engage with anyone criticising it. I'd shut up and keep my head down.

I would argue 90% of online journalism is about clicks now. Papers will be a thing of the past in 20 years. Media is changing and I feel that the DT are doing anything they can to stay alive. I like Steve and always have. He’s one of us now and should be treated so. 

Archived