Jayden Mitchell-Lawson - loaned to Bristol Rovers to end of the season

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That article on the OS... 

They currently sit in eighth place in a tight race at the top and are just eight places off Wycombe Wanderers, who occupy top spot.

Phenomenal insight. Did you know if you're 8th, you're 8 away from the top?

Anyway, when is his contract up out of interest?

Good move for him that. With us not playing natural wingers at the moment really, he doesn’t really fit the system and is unlikely to get much of a chance here this season. Not seen enough of him in the first team to tell whether he’s ready yet, but Cocu obviously doesn’t think he quite is - He can’t be far off though getting a loan at that level. Hopefully if it goes well, you would think he’ll be at the level to contribute in the first team here next season. He’s still got time on his side to do so. Good luck to him.

since his debut under rowett he hasn’t featured much.

hopefully he continues to develop  and this is not pre-cursor to an eventual exit as happened with elsnik and Luke Thomas. 

Didn't he play under Lampard one game and he absolutely terrorised the opposing teams full back winning us a penalty?

Looked sharp and is very highly rated in the academy, you can tell by the amount of times they feature on RamsTV.

9 minutes ago, Shang said:

Didn't he play under Lampard one game and he absolutely terrorised the opposing teams full back winning us a penalty?

Looked sharp and is very highly rated in the academy, you can tell by the amount of times they feature on RamsTV.

Yep, against Stoke at home. 

32 minutes ago, RamNut said:

since his debut under rowett he hasn’t featured much.

hopefully he continues to develop  and this is not pre-cursor to an eventual exit as happened with elsnik and Luke Thomas. 

Probably because it was Lampard who game him his debut.

15 minutes ago, Shang said:

Two games for the first team. 7 minutes in the league vs Stoke last season winning a freekick on the edge of the area (this is what you're thinking of). Is introduction to the Championship was met by a typical Shawcross 'tackle'. Then 20 minutes at the end of the 3-0 defeat to Forest in the League cup this season.

His pace and dribbling is enough to frighten the best defenders. Unfortunately, his end product has let him down since he stepped up to the U23s - finishing and the final pass/cross. He's got a huge opportunity to show what he can do and break into the first team next season.

He's one of the youngsters alongside sibley and Ingram that really excite me who haven't properly broke through yet. Also surprised cocu hasn't given him a try with the utter joke of wingers we've used... Jozsefzoon, paterson etc. 

Like people have said he terrifies defenders with sheer pace, agility and directness. 

Offers something we don't have in the current squad but again as people have pointed out, an opportunity to prove you can step up to first team Championship football playing in a team who themselves are competing to do the same is a good move. 

As others have mentioned, when I've seen him he's looked very good at U23 level. I guess he needs to refine his technique in order to kick on, in terms of ball control and going one-on-one at the full back he's probably the best we have at the club. I can't say that I have seen him consistently produce a good end product though. 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

... hopefully he continues to develop and this is not pre-cursor to an eventual exit as happened with elsnik and Luke Thomas. 

Should be a good opportunity to get involved in some “Man’s” football, and back nearer home - we picked him up from Swindon didn’t we?  Early days but you do have to say that allowing Elsnik to go and getting £1m for Thomas wasn’t on the face of it bad decisions. Not sure either of those are going to properly make it to where we are hopefully aiming.

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Should be a good opportunity to get involved in some “Man’s” football, and back nearer home - we picked him up from Swindon didn’t we?  Early days but you do have to say that allowing Elsnik to go and getting £1m for Thomas wasn’t on the face of it bad decisions. Not sure either of those are going to properly make it to where we are hopefully aiming.

I'd forgotten about Elsnik, who hasn't even got a club now. He looked extremely promising at one point, never got a chance and now not even in work! 

I'm sure he will land on his feet, even if he never gets back to Championship level, he has too much ability not to do something. Thomas hasn't been awful for Barnsley, but hasn't done too much. Barnsley fans don't hate him. 

5 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Not sure he is one that's likely to make it, have to wonder why Knight, Whittaker and Sibley are all ahead of him and younger.

Not saying you're wrong, but they're all different positions.

Archived