For the Ramage haters

Rambalin

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ramage isn’t the problem with radio Derby it’s Dawes. He’s like a baby. Always whinging at individual players. If you have ever watched the match at the same time as listening a lot of the things he says, particularly regarding refs, is incorrect. Ramage isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but he is passionate and he has at least played to a high standard. 

I like Eric Steele though. Calm and considered. 

Don’t know what the fuss is all about 

I like their passion 

I like the fact they tell it how it is 

if it’s bad I want to hear it, I don’t want to hear some sugar coated version of events 

yes ramage goes on a bit but half the time he hits the nail on the head 

Their smart ass banter can be annoying at times but other than that no problem at all

their fans too , which quite frankly I prefer to have on my local radio station 

don’t want a random that doesn’t really give a

maybe it’s just me 

23 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

The issue is that they don't tell it like it is. I get a totally different view from the radio, than I would if I had watched the game. They make everything negative and sound worse than it is. I don't overly care about how passionate the radio commentators are, I just want to hear a fair and balanced reflection of the game, with useful insights added. Ramage doesn't deliver that. He goes on illiterate rants.

11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The issue is that they don't tell it like it is. I get a totally different view from the radio, than I would if I had watched the game. They make everything negative and sound worse than it is. I don't overly care about how passionate the radio commentators are, I just want to hear a fair and balanced reflection of the game, with useful insights added. Ramage doesn't deliver that. He goes on illiterate rants.

I disagree but that’s Just my opinion buddy 

And I totally respect yours 

this topic is marmite imo 

It’s either or with no in between 

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Don’t know what the fuss is all about 

I like their passion 

if it’s bad I want to hear it, I don’t want to hear some sugar coated version of events 

yes ramage goes on a bit but half the time he hits the nail on the head 

Their smart ass banter can be annoying at times but other than that no problem at all

their fans too , which quite frankly I prefer to have on my local radio station 

don’t want a random that doesn’t really give a

maybe it’s just me 

The fuss is that when you listen to the programme it bears no relation to the match. Not fit for purpose. 

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

I think that it doesn't tell it like it is, but then if you ask a fan stood next to you in the stadium 'how it is' then it will be different too.

Dawes commentary is utter dog poo, Ramage often has to tell him he's wrong and he needs to think about what he said. Of course that's too late it's been said. So often Ramage is reacting to scenes set up by Dawes, who screams loudly when the opposition have a chance - well he just screams loudly! 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think that it doesn't tell it like it is, but then if you ask a fan stood next to you in the stadium 'how it is' then it will be different too.

Dawes commentary is utter dog poo, Ramage often has to tell him he's wrong and he needs to think about what he said. Of course that's too late it's been said. So often Ramage is reacting to scenes set up by Dawes, who screams loudly when the opposition have a chance - well he just screams loudly! 

Don't get me wrong, I don't rate Dawes either. It was noticeable how much I preferred Radio Derby last time with Eric Steele on though, he doesn't get involved in hysterics and you can genuinely learn something from listening to him. It's a much more enjoyable experience for me. I don't buy into the passion argument, they are supposed to be professional.

For me it's Dawes that's the problem, not Ramage.

Sidekicks are the icing, but I want my commentator to paint the pictures I can't see. 

When listening rather than watching, I'd like some idea of where the ball is on the pitch, who has it, what options are available etc.

Dawes rarely provides any of that, instead we get large periods of drivel punctuated by moments of high anxiety/excitement with no idea of how either side has ended up in such a position.

'Not impressed with the catering here Craig, that's a nice ball from A to B, fans are here in their numbers, god it's cold I can't feel my feet, Mason in a good position here, got to do better there, (insert story about driving down), Derby were sleeping and we've been punished'.

I'd be no little better mind, but that's not my job, and is his.

B4, I think you're mistaking a grown man that can't compose his thoughts for a man showing passion.

For someone who backs Derby to win the FA Cup and league every year it surprises me you back a bloke who constantly hammers the team. 

I'd much rather Eric Steele calmly explain what players are trying to do and what in his vast experience players are going through. 

Ramage offers nothing more than that moaning bloke behind us that says "sort it out Cocu!" "Play 442". "You're not fit to wear the shirt!" 

Is it passion or just another person wanting to be angry about something because our society feels entitled. People are always angry about some poo. It's the most pampered time of human history where nobody has to work for anything anymore. Nobody has to take a bit of poo anymore. Everybody expects everything at their fingertips. Instant food, instant holiday, instant success. 

Ramage is nothing. He's got no insight. 

And Dawes with all that squealing... jeez

13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

B4, I think you're mistaking a grown man that can't compose his thoughts for a man showing passion.

For someone who backs Derby to win the FA Cup and league every year it surprises me you back a bloke who constantly hammers the team. 

I'd much rather Eric Steele calmly explain what players are trying to do and what in his vast experience players are going through. 

Ramage offers nothing more than that moaning bloke behind us that says "sort it out Cocu!" "Play 442". "You're not fit to wear the shirt!" 

Is it passion or just another person wanting to be angry about something because our society feels entitled. People are always angry about some poo. It's the most pampered time of human history where nobody has to work for anything anymore. Nobody has to take a bit of poo anymore. Everybody expects everything at their fingertips. Instant food, instant holiday, instant success. 

Ramage is nothing. He's got no insight. 

And Dawes with all that squealing... jeez

Why do you bother with it if you hate them so much? 

6 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Why do you bother with it if you hate them so much? 

I don't. I want to because I work most weekends and I want to listen to Derby without having my team unfairly torn to shreds.

Archived