Bring on palace

B4ev6is

Rooney is a class act ...simple as that ....he wasn't as statuesque as some perceive and to be honest if he was it would not bother me as he could stand in the middle of the park all game and be our go to player as he rarely wastes a ball.... I thought he was very good against Barnsley and awesome to see him in a Rams Shirt....he will never shy away from games and is a winner.

Un-fortunately looking at Curtis Davies i fear he could be the player to make way if we sign another CB as at times he was struggling to run at all ...bless him ...( maybe because 2 games in quick succession ) but I fear with the captaincy being taken away from him he will be a sub mainly ...met him at wembley in play off final....a tremendous bloke and thought he reacted fantastically and with class about having the captaincy taken.away...don't know if anyone else saw it but gave Rooney what looked like a kiss on the head just before kick off ...top bloke 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Some comments on here about Rooney not being mobile enough, thank god we have got a player now who can take a great free kick, caused Barnsley problems with everyone, keeps the ball, never gave the ball away, also managing team shape, what's not to like, 3 games time Rooney will be running games, in this very average championship, the standard gets worse each season.

He's just an upmarket Ben Davies! ?

1 minute ago, Derby blood said:

What planet are u from, Rooney wil give us so much, what we lacked before he came, think the next 20 league games could be very interesting, book Mark this page please mods. 

Think he was joking - nobody's that daft 

1 hour ago, Derby blood said:

Some comments on here about Rooney not being mobile enough, thank god we have got a player now who can take a great free kick, caused Barnsley problems with everyone, keeps the ball, never gave the ball away, also managing team shape, what's not to like, 3 games time Rooney will be running games, in this very average championship, the standard gets worse each season.

Agree that his passing was great and his free kick got us the goal.

just responding to the comment about him having a great engine. Based on first impressions, that’s probably not his strength. 

1 hour ago, Owd miner said:

That's mi granson. Had him digging darn garden today..he loved it

You say it's your Grandson, but I've heard the pit wasn't the only place in the village to have a shaft regularly visited by different men.

I'd like us to play the same team. We  showed passion and determination in the last game and I think it's important to consolidate and build on that. The team will only gell as a unit by playing a consistent team and learning to recognise and adapt to each other's strengths and weakness.  I thought some of Rooney's passing was sublime and as long as he can do that I'm not overly concerned about his pace. We got the youngsters to do that. 

4 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Give the young players and fringe players a run out against Palace. Result is of no consequence. We need as many first choice fit players as possible for 20 game run in.

Not for me.

We're not going up, not going down, so let's get as far as we can in the competition.

We'll finish mid table in all likelihood, so why not try an turn a passable season into a memorable one with a long cup run?

Cocu pointed out there will be a few changes. I'd be happy to see:

- Sibley start

- Martin start

- Bogle start

I'll be annoyed with:

- Malone starting 

- Lawrence starting

Got to look at the long term now and realise the above two players are not part of it for me. 

If Rooney is fit give him at least an hour and let him continue to get match fit.

1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Not for me.

We're not going up, not going down, so let's get as far as we can in the competition.

We'll finish mid table in all likelihood, so why not try an turn a passable season into a memorable one with a long cup run?

Wayne says that we can make the play offs. Couple of good signings and we can make it, just.

Archived