Bring on palace

B4ev6is

I feeling confordent that we can cause a upset now. We are playing well now and 3 games unbeaten now I say we can give a right nightmare of a time. I think roony will get more game time. I would like to see selby Marriott supporting front two. Plus there going to be over 2 going down so I am fired up and can not wait. I will be there lead the charge.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be devastated to put out the fringe players and lose, to be honest. Palace is a difficult place to win if you're a Premier League side, let alone a mid table Championship one, and the players have put in a huge amount of work rate for the last two. I'd like Sibley to start, Bielik and Lawrence back in, and then make sure our players are well rested for Boro. 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I wouldn't be devastated to put out the fringe players and lose, to be honest. Palace is a difficult place to win if you're a Premier League side, let alone a mid table Championship one, and the players have put in a huge amount of work rate for the last two. I'd like Sibley to start, Bielik and Lawrence back in, and then make sure our players are well rested for Boro. 

Stop being negative we can win I rather keep jasion knight in.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

Stop being negative we can win I rather keep jasion knight in.

We can win, but we're not going to win the cup, the league should be our main focus at the minute. Palace are a good side, they aren't getting relegated so will probably put out a lot of first teamers. If we need to let this go to beat Boro, I'd take that in a heartbeat.

It’ll be an interesting test to mix it up with a few players not getting game time currently (Martin, Fozzy), a couple unavailables (Bielik, Lawrence) and some youth in Whittaker and Sibley. Shuffle the pack with the rest and see whether they can cause an upset. 
Bigger fish to fry than this cup tie. 

24 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I disagree with you I feel going on cup run is a good thing I feel we can win them we have nrothing to fear. And palace dont really impress me and first vist to there ground.

Good luck B4. It's a proper poo hole round there. Think allenton with a stadium of similar vintage to the Red Shed plonked in the middle it. ?

It’s knockout football, so anything can happen. I personally think after a hectic schedule that we’ll ring the changes, which is probably the right call to make. Some players have run their arses off the last two games, and to go again will be too much. The players currently in reserve need to stay fit as well, as they’ll undoubtedly be needed at some point. 

Ill be there hopefully, and so far I’ve witnessed us lose every game away from home without even scoring a goal, with an aggregate of about 15-0. A win of any form would be delightful.

Roos 

Bogle 

Davies 

Clarke 

Forsyth - (Probably be Malone) 

Beliek 

Knight 

Sibley 

Lawrence

Martin 

Whittaker 

It won’t be too far from this... Roos will get a start, I’ll be interested as to how he fairs I do think it’s a mentality thing over ability with him and being dropped might have helped him. 
Bogle will play. 
Davies and Clarke - who else we got at Cb?!

Id like to see Fozzy at LB but I think it’ll be Malone. 
Beliek - as he’s not played this week

Knight should keep his place as I don’t think this guy fatigues and at the moment it should be about as many minutes as he can get. 
Sibley I’d like to see get a appearance as he’s been pushing for one for months. 
Lawrence - in the 10 let’s see how he reacts. 
Martin - rotates for Waghorn

Whittaker - time for him to show what he can do up top as he’s a goalscorer! 

Cocu showed against forest he doesn’t care about the cups, I think he’ll rotate a lot from this weeks running - Holmes and Marriott are so injury prone it’s best we rest them.  Little point in risking Rooney. He might rotate Fozzy with Clarke after his injury but I’d prefer Davies and Clarke to carry on playing together. Might be worth playing bird but I think Beliek will play ahead of him. 

45 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Roos 

Bogle 

Davies 

Clarke 

Forsyth - (Probably be Malone) 

Beliek 

Knight 

Sibley 

Lawrence

Martin 

Whittaker 

It won’t be too far from this... Roos will get a start, I’ll be interested as to how he fairs I do think it’s a mentality thing over ability with him and being dropped might have helped him. 
Bogle will play. 
Davies and Clarke - who else we got at Cb?!

Id like to see Fozzy at LB but I think it’ll be Malone. 
Beliek - as he’s not played this week

Knight should keep his place as I don’t think this guy fatigues and at the moment it should be about as many minutes as he can get. 
Sibley I’d like to see get a appearance as he’s been pushing for one for months. 
Lawrence - in the 10 let’s see how he reacts. 
Martin - rotates for Waghorn

Whittaker - time for him to show what he can do up top as he’s a goalscorer! 

Cocu showed against forest he doesn’t care about the cups, I think he’ll rotate a lot from this weeks running - Holmes and Marriott are so injury prone it’s best we rest them.  Little point in risking Rooney. He might rotate Fozzy with Clarke after his injury but I’d prefer Davies and Clarke to carry on playing together. Might be worth playing bird but I think Beliek will play ahead of him. 

Bielik will still be suspended.

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Good luck B4. It's a proper poo hole round there. Think allenton with a stadium of similar vintage to the Red Shed plonked in the middle it. ?

But they pay our benefits?

Only 8 points off the play off spots with some very winnable league games coming up in January, I'd say we have to prioritize the league over the cup. Some of the lads will need a rest after two tough games this week and the Palace game is a good opportunity for others to stake a claim. If I was Cocu though, after back to back wins I'd be starting the same 11 from tonight against Boro next weekend. Winning team, winning mentality, let's maintain the momentum.

8 hours ago, Yani P said:

Would love to see the youngsters all play.. We have far bigger priorities and you never know in the cup.. They could still win.. 

Fook me it’s cup time and I have to read this poo for a few days.. I’m going to take a break, this poo pulls all my chains.

Im with b4 here, hope you stay at home and don’t darken our door.

Id rest a few, obviously id like to win & go as far as we can but not bothered if we don't progress

Its the perfect side to get knocked out to. Not a big prem side like a city or Liverpool that would thump us 5 or 6. Not a lower league side that would be labelled a 'giant killing' in the media. Its a game if we lost that would go under the radar 

Archived