The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

9 hours ago, maxjam said:

The whole thing was a farce, questions for both sides needed asking but the result was always going to be inevitable.  

Trump derangement syndrome has the Democrats imploding at present, especially after Pelosi's latest stunt.  Average Americans are doing well atm, and the future is bright  They saw that tantrum and other Democrats not standing, applauding for American values and will remember that at the election.

Her face should be carved on Mount Rushmore, brilliant stunt!

Cry baby is a narcissist/first class banker who has got not respect or manners for anyone and can't take it when he is disrespected. 

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, maxjam said:

?

Some of the tweets below are good as well;

- Didn't she buy ex-council flats and sell them for a huge profit? Correct me if I'm wrong.

- And as yet, has dodged paying tax on the profits

- One rule for the elite, another for the plebs

Dunno if any of thats true not got time to fact check, but if it is...

You know who will be on in a minute trying to defend this. I hope she gets the leadership, absolute shoe in for Boris again next time.

3 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Cry baby is a narcissist/first class banker who has got not respect or manners for anyone and can't take it when he is disrespected. 

She just did more for his re-election than anyone. How stupid is she? Brilliant stuff again from the left, they really can't help themselves. 

He will win by an absolute landslide later this year. 

He maybe all you have stated but he will still win.. What does that tell you about the politics of the left and their approach? IT'S NOT WORKING, PEOPLE HAVE HAD ENOUGH AND SEEN THROUGH THIS VICTIM CRAP. 

16 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

She has just shown herself to be a petulant, disrespectful, narcissistic cry baby with no manners. 

How she can now claim to be any better than Trump is beyond me?

It wasn't just her, it was the all of the Democrats.  They might not like Trump or the Republicans, but the SOTU speech is in many ways a bit like an awards ceremony or being the runner up at Wimbledon - you have to grin and clap politely else you look like a sore loser, or in this case Anti-American.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

If she is so bothered about homeless people and families living in hotels, why didn't she buy them a house instead of her parents and her brother?

That's a pretty dumb argument. Because she has one brother and two parents, but there are nearly half a million homeless people. In actual fact she does say in the clip that she bought her mother a house so that she could give back the council flat she previously lived in.

I grant you that she puts her argument across reallt badly - I'm really not a fan. She comes across as a bit of a Trunchbull character.

Clearly the issue of foreign investors buying up property in London and leaving it empty is a massive issue - but CPOs are not the answer.

41 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

She just did more for his re-election than anyone. How stupid is she? Brilliant stuff again from the left, they really can't help themselves. 

He maybe all you have stated but he will still win.. What does that tell you about the politics of the left and their approach? IT'S NOT WORKING, PEOPLE HAVE HAD ENOUGH AND SEEN THROUGH THIS VICTIM CRAP. 

Nothing really political tbh. I don't care what side he and she is on, left,right,middle,up,down, wherever, it's just the bloke grates with with me, I just find him unbearable for a  number of reasons to long to mention. That's why I really enjoyed what she did, simple. 

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Yeah that's the response I have been seeing. Many Democrat voters have had enough and that visual is powerful, it is burned into their minds and will be played over and over again in the election campaign. They are taking it personally as an attack on themselves because they love their country. Millions will switch as a protest and millions more will sit on their hands come polling day. Americans are very upbeat people with a democrat party that is nothing but negative. 

10 hours ago, maxjam said:

The whole thing was a farce, questions for both sides needed asking but the result was always going to be inevitable.  

Trump derangement syndrome has the Democrats imploding at present, especially after Pelosi's latest stunt.  Average Americans are doing well atm, and the future is bright  They saw that tantrum and other Democrats not standing, applauding for American values and will remember that at the election.

Yes, the result was inevitable but the Senate and the American Public should have heard from witnesses.  It was supposed to be a trial after all.  The decision not to gather that relevant information and the statement by some Republicans that they weren't honest jurors before the trial had even begun is what turned everything into a farce.  The Democrats were constitutionally obliged to carry out impeachment proceedings against Trump given what he had done. 

I don't know what you mean there are questions for both sides.  The basic question was did Trump withhold aid to Ukraine and pressure them to investigate Biden for his own political purpose and (given that it's pretty obvious that was the case) should he be removed from office for doing so.  What equivalence are you talking about? 

Pelosi shouldn't have torn up the speech in my opinion, and Trump shouldn't have refused to shake her hand.  But it was an understandable on her part. It was an awful speech, full of misinformation and more like a campaign rally mixed with a reality show than a State of the Union address.  He actually gave a Medal of Freedom (or whatever) to the ridiculous Rush Limbaugh in the middle of it. 

The economy is still strong in the US, but given Trump's environmental/climate policies then the future is anything but bright for Americans (and the rest of us) if they re-elect him.

One thing Pelosi can't be described as is left-wing ! 

1 hour ago, SchtivePesley said:

That's a pretty dumb argument. Because she has one brother and two parents, but there are nearly half a million homeless people. In actual fact she does say in the clip that she bought her mother a house so that she could give back the council flat she previously lived in.

I grant you that she puts her argument across reallt badly - I'm really not a fan. She comes across as a bit of a Trunchbull character.

Clearly the issue of foreign investors buying up property in London and leaving it empty is a massive issue - but CPOs are not the answer.

Ah yeah you're right, she does only have 3 members of family, I thought she had half a million and was going to re-home them all, thank you for pointing out how dumb my assumption was.

Also she did not even mention CPOs, when questioned she literally said just take the property off them.

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Nothing really political tbh. I don't care what side he and she is on, left,right,middle,up,down, wherever, it's just the bloke grates with with me, I just find him unbearable for a  number of reasons to long to mention. That's why I really enjoyed what she did, simple. 

I have to say I am fascinated by his hair though.

I think there are scientific secrets involved in maintaining his hair that are near supernatural.

Could one day take us to Mars.

56 minutes ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

She has no chance of winning the leadership election anyway. That will be either Starmer or Long-Bailey.

What about Jezza staying on? Whenever I speak to one of my rolly-eyed Momentum chums they all give their choice as to who they think should get the job, but every time say 'I would still keep Jeremy'

4 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

I have to say I am fascinated by his hair though.

I think there are scientific secrets involved in maintaining his hair that are near supernatural.

Could one day take us to Mars.

You are right the hair is very unusual...but a decent hairdresser could do something about it. The real problem is what lies under the hair and in between the ears. I don't think that can be fixed.

Please refrain from going off topic. Politics, not religion. 

If someone posts something objectionable, report it (for the good of the forum). 

If you have any concerns about moderator decisions then raise them with David rather than discuss here. 

On 03/02/2020 at 19:52, reverendo de duivel said:

I'll tell you what you won't get.

Your new passport running until the expiry plus 10 years of your current one.

Robbing bar steward's have stopped that.

On 04/02/2020 at 02:59, Stagtime said:

Mine was still red. Just missing European Union across the top on the front.

Spot on, just as predicted. Red, no European Union and no extension up to the expiry date of the old one. Welcome to rip-off Britain.

Archived